Colgate Total Dental Floss

Colgate Total Dental Floss

David

DavidRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not recommended

The product states it is shred resistant, every time I use it I think I have hair in my mouth I have purchased this product twice and find it very poor quality compared to other dental floss. Waste of money

Purchased in July 2000 at Coles.

Rubbish

Strands come off and it often snaps after one go. I suspected it was a cheap 'Made in China' product but it's actually Malaysian made. To be frank it's just rubbish. Dressmakers thread would be more effective! I certainly won't be buying again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $3.00.

Do most people have fingers like sandpaper?

Flossing & Dental Care Products

Find out how Colgate Total Dental Floss compares to other Flossing & Dental Care Products

Cinful

CinfulAU

Good

This is a great floss - I use it along with Colgate Total toothpaste & will never go back. It's not too expensive, lasts for ages and is very strong and durable. It makes daily flossing less of a chore as it is thin enough to fit between teeth that are close together!
I already used to use Colgate Total toothpaste, and then I was given a sample of this Colgate floss to try. It was great - it was strong enough not to break like some other brands that I've tried. Yet it was also thin enough not to get stuck between my teeth - it made cleaning a whole lot easier!!
No negative things to say about this floss!

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

I like using Colgate Total products and this dental floss is another product that does do what it says it will. Unlike several other varieties of tooth floss I have not experienced a big problem with the floss breaking while using it. You therefore do not use as much of it and it lasts a lot longer. Definitely lasts longer than many other products you can buy from the supermarket shelves.
This is a great tooth floss that is easy to use, feels like it does a good job and is affordable. The container usually lasts for some time.
There are none. A good hard working product.

EileenGarraway

EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

Good

This is an okay floss that helps you clean your gums and it has an alright flavour as well. Not too expensive to buy and this produce lasts for quite a while, so that makes it even cheaper to purchase. It help eliminate tartar build-up on your teeth and it can even massage your gums for you. I always use Colgates Dental floss as it is a reliable and the least troublesome out of all of the brands.
Does not get stuck or break between your teeth.
It can sometimes get caught in the packet it you do not pull it out correctly.

amygrant

amygrant

Good

This is a floss that I can actually use, I find the price reasonable, and it lasts quite a long time. It would be handy if they had on the packet how to floss, not just the throw away packet.
I find this floss much more gentle on my teeth than other brands of floss I have used, I like the taste, and it doesn't then make me fell like I have to brush my teeth again to get rid of the taste.
Sometimes the floss gets stuck between the packet, or it will not pull off easily, but that mainly happens when my son uses it.

Hithere12

Hithere12AU

Good

This is one of my favourite flosses that I regually purchase for our home. When I have any tartar build up I use this along with the toothpaste of the same range and it always gets the job done properly. It is also much much cheaper then going to the dentist to get it removed professionally. I also love the ribbon as it must have been well designed to prevent the fraying and breaking problem that other flosses do. This effective little personal hygene gem is a must have for every household.
Cheap and very effective.
I dont really like the smell too much.

toni_nakama

toni_nakamaNSW, 2035

Good

Colgate Total Dental Floss is cheap because a packet of it lasts for a long time. I believe though that it will last much longer if it does not tear off easily. I hope that Colgate will also come up with a floss that is not tape or ribbon but a thread-like dental floss which is much stronger than the dental ribbon they have now.
It is manufactured by Colgate which is my favorite dental products brand. It is widely available. It cleanses well; it does a great job.
It tears very easily which really annoys me. However, I have also noticed the same with other brands of dental ribbon or tape.

Flossing & Dental Care Products

kade1234

kade1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

I have trouble with the regular shape of dental floss as it does not fit between the gaps of my teeth.

I have found that Colgate tape fits very nicely and easily between the gaps between my teeth. My only problem with the product is that it tears very very easily. This is not a big problem though as it is cheap and easily available and can be replaced all the time.

Saying that though I find a container lasts a long time, being replaced every month or two.
Is a good shape that fits between very tight spaces.
Tears very easily.

See all Colgate Total Dental Floss reviews

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

While Colgate has a 2.7-metre trial floss length, and a 137m surgery size dispenser, only the Colgate 25-metre dental ribbon is sold in stores, available in a regular version or a tartar control version.

The use of single-filament PTFE is designed to help this floss resist shredding, especially when compared to other brands that use nylon floss.

This floss has a natural wax coating to help wax slide easily between teeth, however if you already experience trouble holding floss between your fingers, this may make it harder to grip.

While there are mixed reviews on the effectiveness of this dental floss, at $2.99 per 25-metre box, it doesn’t hurt to try it out and decide for yourself.

CategoryFlossing & Dental Care Products