Colgate Total

Colgate Total (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Toothpastes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

New formula is not popular

1.1
  • Sensitivity Improvement Yes · No (37)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (37)
  • Taste

New formula is horrible

I have only used Colgate for my entire life, 70+years. A few months ago I picked up Colgate with New written on the box. It certainly is not as good as the original formula. It leaves the most horrible aftertaste and I am now looking for something other than Colgate as I want the fresh taste back in my mouth.

Purchased in March 2019 at Costco and Sobeys .

The new Colgate Total is HORRIBLE

I have used old-formula Colgate Total for over 10 years and it's the only toothpaste I've liked. The new version tastes TERRIBLE, leaves a horrible aftertaste, and does not make my teeth feel nearly as clean. I hate it. I bought Crest for the first time in my life this week. WHY did they change such a great product to such a terrible one?

Purchased in June 2019.

BFR
BFRHunter Region, NSW

Tongue & mouth raw

Colgate Total blue gel, stating anti-bacterial, anti sensitivity properties. Requires user to wash out once. Recommended by dentist. Switched from sensitive product. Within 6 weeks- Tip of tongue, edge & top of mouth irritation, throat sore. Loss of taste, all round redness in mouth & throat. If you find yourself going ""blah"" after using any toothpaste like this... STOP! Ingredient I think is the culprit is triclosan. Google that! Still on shelves and watch out for overseas products sold across all stores including chemists.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist for $4.50.

Colgate Total is now terrible

I have used Colgate for about 40 years now and Colgate Total for about 20 years. After purchasing this New and Improved formula, I noticed a terrible taste in my mouth. It foams up and seems like it is watered down. My teeth feel like they are not clean at all no matter how long I brush. The reason why people use a certain brand and a certain type of toothpaste is because they like it. Why did they have to change it? I'm switching brands now.

Purchased in June 2019 for $2.99.

Awful change

I have used Colgate forever. After purchasing this New and Improved formula, I noticed a terrible taste in my mouth. Also my tongue feels burned and I have blisters in my mouth. It has taken me weeks to figure out it is the toothpaste. I stated reading other people’s issues and realized that is what I felt like. It is awful! I have wasted money on three different tubes thinking it was just the flavor in one. My mouth feels like it is on fire. I will never buy this again. The new formula is also staining to the teeth. I pray my taste gets back to normal. This metal taste is awful!

Purchased in March 2019 for $4.

Ange88
Ange88South East Queensland, QLD

New formula is revolting and causes severe irritation inside mouth after 1st use!!!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles for $3.50.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a fan of the new formula

I have been using Colgate Original for the past 15 years - it has been great, the best toothpaste ever. However the new formula is very bad! Can I still buy the previous paste anywhere?

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Whitening Improvement No

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

No stars at all if I could

I seemed to have developed a cough when brushing teeth. Food and drink taste is distorted to point I thought a bottle of water was off until I realised it's the 'new' colgate total

Purchased in April 2019.

Kcei
KceiHunter Region, NSW

Colgate Total

I have always use Colgate but the new and improved formula is terrible! I thought it may have been the type of toothpaste, bought a different tube of Colgate and still leaves a horrible lingering taste in my mouth.
Will be buying another brand of toothpaste from now on.

Purchased in March 2019.

JAB
JABMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Why change something that was great!

Using the new Colgate mint stripe toothpaste last night for the first time, after being warned by my adult children that it was disgusting, has left a most horrible taste in my mouth like not cleaning teeth after eating sugar! The horrible taste still remains this morning. The soapy taste when cleaning was also unpleasant.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths.

Graeme
GraemeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Ghastly new product

I have no idea what they think they're doing, but the new improved 'original' doesn't taste right and leaves my teeth feeling as if they've been coated in something. I actually hate this toothpaste now. Colgate was my favourite, and it seems as if they have 'improved' every single one of their products. Going to have to change brands.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $3.

Obiwan
ObiwanFar North Queensland, QLD

Horrible soapy taste

I have used Colgate Total for many years but the last 2 tubes I purchased were unusable. Both Pro Clean Breath and Advanced Fresh taste like soap and I can't use them. I couldn't even find a batch number on the tube and wonder where they are produced and what went wrong.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $7.