Colgate Total

Colgate Total (page 2 of 4)

Bad

Overall I'd go for the cheaper toothpaste, this one doesn't seem to do anything special for me so whats the point of paying more money for it?
Breath felt very fresh for about an hour after brushing and the pricing of this toothpaste isn’t too expensive making it very affordable. The packaging is also very attractive as well.
Didn’t really find it any different to any other normal toothpaste out there on the market, the claims it make didn’t really help me at all, since my teeth were still yellow and my breath only felt fresh for an hour after brushing. I don’t think the claims made are truthful.

Good

This is a nice whitening toothpaste for me. I have sensitive teeth and I have noticed that I need to use less of the whitening ones because they are so strong. I trust colgate brand, so I have no problems with using it.
This is a great toothpaste from Colgate and I like using it. It has a nice fresh minty taste and its a whitening toothpaste too.
It is very expensive, but I find that most whitening pastes are higher priced. It comes on specials often, so thats a good time to stock up. And a lot of places now do the buy 2, get 3rd free deal, so as long as you buy 3 of the same, you will save loads of money and still get this great product.

I love this toothpaste. It is our family favorite. It leaves you with such a lovely fresh feeling. I stock up when it's on special too.
Leaves a nice smooth clean feeling
None whatsoever.

Colgate is a well known and trusted company. I use colgate toothpaste regularly and have had no problems with it, I find it to be a great toopaste and it cleans my teeth well.
Leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean, nice mint taste, comes in differnt sizes, avaliable everywhere
No cons about colgate toothpaste

My toothpaste of choice. I prefer it to anything else and I really do believe it lasts longer than your standard toothpaste.
I like almost all of the toothpastes in the colgate total range. They just FEEL like they are doing a better job and I like it now that they have a whitening version as well.

Great refreshing taste which seems to last much longer than your ordinary toothpaste. Good consistency and texture in your mouth.
It is one of the more expensive but there seem to be regular specials on Total in Coles and woolies so I stock up when I see it on a good special

Good

This is a great toothpaste - I will never stop using, mainly because I have found the freshness lasts longer than others. It is also value for money & it really feels like it gives my teeth a great clean!
My dentist recommended that I use this toothpaste, as I previously used a competitor's toothpaste. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the freshness lasted with this toothpaste. I was also surprised that it was not extremely expensive - I would say that it is average price for toothpaste these days.
I can't think of any negative things about this toothpaste

This toothpaste is high quality and very good value for money. It really cleans your teeth well and keeps protecting them for hours after you brush. It comes from a very good and well trusted company and all their products are superior to other brands on the market. Very good product, highly recommend it to all consumers
this toothpaste leaves your mouth really fresh and clean. It protects your teeth and is very refreshing. Its reasonably priced and is often even cheaper when it is on special. This is a quality and trusted product
A bigger tube of it would be good

this is one of my favourite toothpastes, i love that it cleans your teeth so well and keeps plaque to a minimum, makes breath smell nice and clean and fresh. the packaging is great and the price is very fair, its great to get some on special and stock up. i dont think i will change from this toothpaste and the whole family uses it. great for kids too. i would recommend it to anyone, great value for money
does a great job, tastes great, leave breath smelling so fresh, cleans teeth very well, love the packaging
no cons at all

Good

Most shops stock at least the small tube, and the supermarkert well they have the whole range..The product itself is nice tasting so brushing doesnt become a hassle, There is a large variety to choose from, this one is meant to work for 12 hours or up to...I find this good to know as your ready to brush again by then. The price of this product is cheap really, compared to some I have used, its a great price and product for a family or anyone on a budget. But I am not saying that it isnt any good its just that someone nearly always has it on special thereofore making it a good buy.
I do like Colgate, the packaging could use an update, it is easy to get.

OK

It can be too abrasive. It contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a dangerous chemical used as a lathering agent, taste is not the best. Many cheap parallel imports of this brand flooding the market with many containing saccarin. Does not contain warning about. Family favourite and well advertised.
* Protects up to 12 hours
* Contains fluoride
* Approved by American Dental Association
Recommended by dentists, well promoted in the supermarkets and it is usually on sale or has a special promotion attached to it. Very well known household brand. Easy to identify in the supermarket.
the many chemicals in this leading brand product.

OK

I used this toothpaste for some time and it seems to be quite effective;my teeth felt clean and seemed fairly white.However it is highly flavoured which put me off a bit.I certainly don't think it can achieve all it claims to do and might be a bit too abrasive for mature teeth? Also now our water has added fluoride in it I don't want a toothpaste with fluoride as it is going to be too much of a good thing. I have changed to a brand of natural aloe vera sensitive toothpast which I think is safer all round.
It seems fairly effective
Containd fluoride

Good

I have found Colgate Total to be one of the better toothpastes around as it does feel like it is doing the job. It also contains flouride and also has some whitening elements to it each time you use it. Really good to use if you have had some dental work done in the past. It is not that expensive and is often on sale at the supermarket. Always available though.
A good hard working toothpaste that does a good job and is not too expensive when compared to some other brands out there. You can always find it at the supermarket.

Good

In the past I was using a non-fluoride toothpaste and a manual tooth brush and found that I had mild gingivitis for many years. I tired many things to rectify the condition. In the end I found that an electric toothbrush and Colgate Total toothpaste made a difference and reduced the bleeding gums greatly. I think the electric toothbrush made the most difference, the toothpaste isn’t so important.

I am satisfied with Colgate Total however now I am trying Pearl Drops toothpaste as I am looking for something that polishes my teeth as well as clean. I prefer the taste of Pearl Drops toothpaste more than Colgate Total.
Cleans teeth well. Contains fluoride for healthier teeth (apparently). Claims to fight bacteria for 12 hours.

Colgate Total look very impressive if you are to go by the packaging and I found it to be more than adequate for my tooth brushing needs. I only ever buy it when it's on a special price but it does seem to be reasonably frequently. In all honesty I think toothpastes are all a bit of a muchness but I have nothing bad to say about Colgate Total.
A good reliable brand which is pleasant tasting and seems to do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
A bit more expensive than the cheaper, plain toothpastes but by no means the most expensive.

We like to use Colgate Total plus whitening in our house. It is a great toothpaste that has a nice flavour, and foams up well. Although I don't believe it actually whitens your teeth, my teeth always look white and feel very clean after using it, and I think this product helps - especially since I enjoy the odd red wine or two! I much prefer Colgate over Macleans, the Macleans toothpastes are cheaper, but they are no where near as good.
Leaves teeth feeling really clean, and they feel like they stay clean longer
More expensive than other brands, but worth it

Worth getting. I have tried a lot of toothpastes, includinjg some of the cheaper ones and this Total is one of the few that actually feels as if it is leaving my teeth and breath fresher.It feels as if it is really cleaning the teeth. I like the taste it leaves in my mouth. The immediate difference was actually quite marked. I was surprised at the difference between this and my previous toothpaste. It is worth the little extra you pay for it.
It really leaves you with a fresh taste in your mouth, it seems to have more of an impact than some other toothpastes.

Good

This toothpaste feels like it is doing the job it should. It leaves your teeth feeling clean for quite some time afterwards. The toothpaste is definitely value for money and I regularly use it. The toothpaste comes in a variety of sizes and is always available. I have used this toothpaste with sensitive teeth and encountered no problems.
Works wells, leaves you with a fresh tasting mouth and gives a good clean. Comes in a variety of sizes and leaves a fresh taste in your mouth and your teeth clean. Often on special at cheap prices at the supermarket.

Good

This toothpaste has a great taste and lives up to its name. It leaves your teeth feeling nice and clean for ages. It is a little more costly than other types of toothpastes but it is worth the money. I use this regularly and recommend it.
Cleans your teeth really well

Good

If you brush your teeth using another tooth paste you can really tell the difference as this toothpaste can make your teeth feel clean for hours and hours it makes them feel smooth and shinny and great it repels food away from them and has been making them real bright. Yes it is a bit expensive toothpaste but it is worth the money to keep your teeth clean and nice so you do not have to visit the detest often. I will keep on buying it for ever.
This toothpaste does everything it says it does.
none that I can find but I have only been using it for a week so I will wait and see

Good

I believe this product is excellent as it is a total solution to teeth problems. It is not very costly and comes in different sizes that can go for months. However, I reckon this product is not availble at all departmental stores. But again unlike a lot of other products for teeth, only Colgate has a number of different types of toothpastes available and is pretty much a total solution to all teeth needs. Recommend this everytime twice a day. However, this toothpaste is not very good for sensitive teeth. I dont think this can be easily used on sensitive teeth.
Excellent product
Not available at a lot of stores