Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (33)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (33)
  • Taste

Price is become insane

What has happened to the price of Colgate total mouthwash. I have used this product for years but at the insane prices of over 12 bucks a bottle I will switch to crest

Purchased in June 2021.

William K.
William K.

A 33.8 once bottle of the total mouthwash is 20.00 at Walmart . I have never paid even close to that in the past it’s forced me to have to use crest which is a third less cost and that’s their premium product

Barbara K.
Barbara K.Sydney, NSW

Why did they do this?

I am so disappointed in the new formula for the Colgate Total, it is just awful. Why did they do this to a product that left your teeth and mouth feeling really clean. Like so many others, I have tried to get past the awful aftertaste. Please, please go back to the original recipe for the Colgate Total so my teeth can actually feel like they are clean!!!

Purchased in March 2021.

Other Toothpastes

Not good, they should go back to the old formula

Sucks that it's not even an option anymore. I don't feel like my teeth are as clean afterwards (I go through the brush cycle 2x, one right after the other). I also miss the refreshing mint. The new formula is a gross flavor too.

Purchased in April 2020 at walgreens for $3.45.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi Ash, we appreciate your support and feedback which we'll forward to our team. Please contact our Consumer Information Service on 1800 802 307 if you'd like help finding a toothpaste that meets your preference needs.

Terrible taste

Just bought this toothpaste and brushed my teeth with it, I couldn't have been more dissapointed in my life. It tastes like brushing your teeth with pure soap...disgusting, never again

Purchased in June 2021.

Used to like colgate

I've tried getting over the taste but it feels like I'm brushing with perfume. It's beyond bad. I hate wastage but I cannot bring myself to finish the tube. I dont mind the baking soda and the texture of the toothpaste is great. But the taste I can't get past.

Purchased in March 2021.

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

VERY BAD!!!!! DONT BUY!!!!

this was AWEFUL!! made my teeth fall out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they also test on puppies and kittens and burn their skin off!!!!!!! if u buy this i will scalp you!!! gross!! stinky!!

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths for $20.00.

intestinalworm
intestinalwormGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overseas Made - Avoid! (Buy Cedel or Grants instead)

Just so disappointed a large, greedy multinational cannot make one tube of toothpaste in Australia! Toothpaste is fine but I prefer Cedel or Grants any day of the week - supporting Australian made and Australian owned!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Taste has changed

I use to seek out Colgate Total every time for years. I have discovered it leaves a sour taste for hours after brushing. I can still taste it during my sleep... It is not the same.

Purchased at Coles.

PLR
PLRCanberra 2600, ACT

Dry mouth, trouble breathing

Ive used this product for over 15 years but have recently had terrible side effects due to the new formula change. Immediately after brushing my mouth drys out completely and my throat begins to tighten so that it’s very difficult to swallow and breath. I had to go to Emergency last night. Seriously warn against using this product.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles.

New formula is terrible

New formula taste terrible
No more minty taste
Mouth feels terrible after use
Mouth very dry after use

If you like the taste of peroxide or toilet bowl cleaner you'll love the 'new formula" Colgate.

I will nolonger be buying Colgate.

Purchased in March 2020 at Costco.

ingsy
ingsySouth East Queensland, QLD

new formula is terrible!!!

I've been using this toothpaste for most of my life & the new formula version is terrible! it tastes like terrible dentist teeth cleaning mixture, it also leaves a weird taste in your mouth for hours & it also dries my mouth out! I have 4 new tubes of this, I bought on special, will be giving those away & I'll be trying other brands now...no more wonderful minty after taste, now pure yuk! also tried the minty stripe one, almost as bad as this one..so another no.

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles.

Kerry T.
Kerry T.Southwest, VIC

Tastes like sand soap

I have used the silver tube for years, it was a gel. After many attempts of finding it anywhere and getting home with another white tube I'm over it. Tried using the white tube one for a week, it's like cleaning your teeth with minty sand soap. The taste is beyond terrible, it says in your mouth for ages, but it's not good

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Terrible taste

Terrible taste and smaller tubes. they cut approx. 2 oz. off tube. I have used Colgate total for years and I will buy Crest next time. The new Colgate Total is terrible. Do not buy.

Purchased in January 2020 for $6.99.

Tracey Pearce
Tracey PearcePerth, WA

soap for teeth

Colgate might be better suited as a body wash, the taste is like soap that stays in your mouth without any fresh taste. This product is gross and I have gone to a more expensive brand for my family, never buying colgate again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles.

Agony

I am in agony the last two days with a huge sore on my tongue and 4 mouth ulcers with more appearing. I can’t eat I can’t talk and it’s all down to using Colgate toothpaste. My sister was using the same one and also had sores all Over her tongue. Absolutely awful

Purchased in December 2019 for $4.00.

The F.
The F.asked

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi The F. We think you may be referring to our Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean toothpaste. We agree; this was a brilliant toothpaste! While Total Weekly Clean is no longer made, we recommend you try our Colgate Total Advanced Clean toothpaste as a daily use alternative

Ken Ward
Ken Wardasked

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian
brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes