Colgate Total

Colgate Total (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (32)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (32)
  • Taste

Colgate Total “new formula” is awful

New Colgate Total Fresh Mint is awful....I thought it was just me but by the reviews others have the same thought I don’t even feel like I have a fresh breath after brushing...

Purchased in June 2019 at Walmart for $3.79.

Watery Colgate Total is Terrible

I agree with the observations of others. Actually the reason I checked is to see if others had noticed the same thing I've noticed. My wife and I have used Colgate for over 40 years. First, the toothpaste now almost flows out of the tube like water. I figure Colgate must be adding water to their formula to boost profits. I haven't really noticed a bad taste, but it doesn't taste as good as before either. And when our grandsons are brushing their teeth they are making a real mess because the toothpaste is so runny. Anyway, if they don't get the old formula and consistency back soon I will be looking for another brand of toothpaste.

Purchased in June 2019 at Superstore .

New formula is horrible

I have only used Colgate for my entire life, 70+years. A few months ago I picked up Colgate with New written on the box. It certainly is not as good as the original formula. It leaves the most horrible aftertaste and I am now looking for something other than Colgate as I want the fresh taste back in my mouth.

Purchased in March 2019 at Costco and Sobeys .

The new Colgate Total is HORRIBLE

I have used old-formula Colgate Total for over 10 years and it's the only toothpaste I've liked. The new version tastes TERRIBLE, leaves a horrible aftertaste, and does not make my teeth feel nearly as clean. I hate it. I bought Crest for the first time in my life this week. WHY did they change such a great product to such a terrible one?

Purchased in June 2019.

BFR
BFRHunter Region, NSW

Tongue & mouth raw

Colgate Total blue gel, stating anti-bacterial, anti sensitivity properties. Requires user to wash out once. Recommended by dentist. Switched from sensitive product. Within 6 weeks- Tip of tongue, edge & top of mouth irritation, throat sore. Loss of taste, all round redness in mouth & throat. If you find yourself going ""blah"" after using any toothpaste like this... STOP! Ingredient I think is the culprit is triclosan. Google that! Still on shelves and watch out for overseas products sold across all stores including chemists.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist for $4.50.

RudolphandHermey
RudolphandHermeyNew South Wales

Terrible product

Yet another change from a great product to a terrible product. The new formulation is realy watery and realy foamy. Leaves a realy horrible taste in mouth. Dosnt clean teeth properly.

Purchased in May 2019.

Colgate Total is now terrible

I have used Colgate for about 40 years now and Colgate Total for about 20 years. After purchasing this New and Improved formula, I noticed a terrible taste in my mouth. It foams up and seems like it is watered down. My teeth feel like they are not clean at all no matter how long I brush. The reason why people use a certain brand and a certain type of toothpaste is because they like it. Why did they have to change it? I'm switching brands now.

Purchased in June 2019 for $2.99.

Taste

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Awful change

I have used Colgate forever. After purchasing this New and Improved formula, I noticed a terrible taste in my mouth. Also my tongue feels burned and I have blisters in my mouth. It has taken me weeks to figure out it is the toothpaste. I stated reading other people’s issues and realized that is what I felt like. It is awful! I have wasted money on three different tubes thinking it was just the flavor in one. My mouth feels like it is on fire. I will never buy this again. The new formula is also staining to the teeth. I pray my taste gets back to normal. This metal taste is awful!

Purchased in March 2019 for $4.00.

Graeme
GraemePerth, WA

Colgate Total Advanced Fresh Get Toothpaste

Dear Colgate.
Much preferred your previous formula of Total Advanced Fresh Gel Toothpaste than the so called 'new & improved' one. This product is new but it is not improved. The new formula is more like a watered down fluid than a paste/gel & does not clean my teeth to a smooth finish like the previous formula did. Not happy at all. Why change when there was nothing wrong with the original? Sorry but I will definitely not be buying this product again.

Purchased in April 2019.

Ange88
Ange88South East Queensland, QLD

New formula is revolting and causes severe irritation inside mouth after 1st use!!!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles for $3.50.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a fan of the new formula

I have been using Colgate Original for the past 15 years - it has been great, the best toothpaste ever. However the new formula is very bad! Can I still buy the previous paste anywhere?

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Other Toothpastes

No stars at all if I could

I seemed to have developed a cough when brushing teeth. Food and drink taste is distorted to point I thought a bottle of water was off until I realised it's the 'new' colgate total

Purchased in April 2019.

Kcei
KceiHunter Region, NSW

Colgate Total

I have always use Colgate but the new and improved formula is terrible! I thought it may have been the type of toothpaste, bought a different tube of Colgate and still leaves a horrible lingering taste in my mouth.
Will be buying another brand of toothpaste from now on.

Purchased in March 2019.

JAB
JABMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Why change something that was great!

Using the new Colgate mint stripe toothpaste last night for the first time, after being warned by my adult children that it was disgusting, has left a most horrible taste in my mouth like not cleaning teeth after eating sugar! The horrible taste still remains this morning. The soapy taste when cleaning was also unpleasant.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths.

Graeme
GraemeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Ghastly new product

I have no idea what they think they're doing, but the new improved 'original' doesn't taste right and leaves my teeth feeling as if they've been coated in something. I actually hate this toothpaste now. Colgate was my favourite, and it seems as if they have 'improved' every single one of their products. Going to have to change brands.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Obiwan
ObiwanFar North Queensland, QLD

Horrible soapy taste

I have used Colgate Total for many years but the last 2 tubes I purchased were unusable. Both Pro Clean Breath and Advanced Fresh taste like soap and I can't use them. I couldn't even find a batch number on the tube and wonder where they are produced and what went wrong.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

Mark
MarkMount Gambier

Had to throw out

I've used colgate all my life and like it but my wife bought a tube of this stuff and I thought she pranked me, and it tastes like a bar of soap. Lol. What were they thinking. Sorry but it tastes terrible. Bit of a waste but its in the bin.

Liz
Liz

Tastes like soap

I'm specifically referring to Colgate Total Pro Clean Breath. It tastes like soap. It's absolutely disgusting. How can Colgate actually want to sell something that is so disgusting. That's another tube that I have to throw out. Did they actually survey customers before selling it? It tastes like actual soap and is revolting and unusable. The normal Colgate Whitening is good but this Colgate Total Pro Clean Breath is the most horrible toothpaste ever.

Misleading about whiting teeth

I've used the Colgate whitling teeth toothpaste although it cleans my teeth ok it doesn't whiten them I find this very misleading at £2.99 in my local supermarket i feel its a rip of

TrentApK
TrentApKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hate it

I have been a using oral b clinical for tge past couple of years and decided to switch things up and use colgate. It cleaned my teeth for the time being but a couple of hours later could feel that furry feeling on my teeth. After a couple of days my teeth were getting yellower. So disappointed couldn't stand to use the whole tube so threw it in the bin and moved back to oral b.

Made My Skin Peel And The Sides Of My Lips Dry And Bleeding

Got my braces so have to do more brushing but, this toothpaste was very bad it made my lips so dry and bleeding from the sides because I had cuts on both sides for about a week. It might work for others but for me it didn't, had very bad experience.

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi Soso, we’re sorry to learn about your experience, but we’re happy to help. Please contact our Consumer Affairs team on 1800 802 307 so we can get some more details form you and try to recommend a toothpaste that better suits your needs.

Andre
AndrePerth

Toothpaste that's not paste

I can still remember when toothpaste used to be a paste. I found Colgate Fluorigard Cavity Protection toothpaste to be a watery mush. Colgate has the gall to call this watered down stuff a "paste"!

Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I don't usually use toothpaste with fluoride in it but recently my husband bought some and we were out so I tried it. I really didn't like that it turned the tip of my tongue numb, what sort of chemical does that? It can't be good for you! Not something I would buy or use again and not something I would recommend to others.
Does leave your mouth feeling very clean.
There is something in this toothpaste that leaves my mouth feeling numb for awhile after I brush, and I don't like that. It tastes a bit chemically.

gtfo