Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (2)
  • Taste
Kenny and Joy
Kenny and Joy

New Colgate Total 12 unpleasantly dominates taste buds for hours, thereby ruining their purpose.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chatswood Chase Coles supermarket for $4.00.

Taste
Whitening Improvement No

Watery goop

I’ve loved the gel and couldn’t stand the paste but the new formula leaves me preferring the paste and even the paste is bad. I get the change in size while keeping the price the same or higher. That’s business. But the quality of the toothpaste is unacceptable. Both gel and paste are runny and foam. I’ll be looking for another toothpaste once the tubes I’ve purchased are done.

Purchased in April 2019 at Walmart .

Taste

Other Toothpastes

21sandiee
21sandieeWA, 6021

Bad

Overall I'd go for the cheaper toothpaste, this one doesn't seem to do anything special for me so whats the point of paying more money for it?
Breath felt very fresh for about an hour after brushing and the pricing of this toothpaste isn’t too expensive making it very affordable. The packaging is also very attractive as well.
Didn’t really find it any different to any other normal toothpaste out there on the market, the claims it make didn’t really help me at all, since my teeth were still yellow and my breath only felt fresh for an hour after brushing. I don’t think the claims made are truthful.

The F.
The F.asked

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi The F. We think you may be referring to our Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean toothpaste. We agree; this was a brilliant toothpaste! While Total Weekly Clean is no longer made, we recommend you try our Colgate Total Advanced Clean toothpaste as a daily use alternative

Ken Ward
Ken Wardasked

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian
brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes