Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

ralphy79
ralphy79

OK

It can be too abrasive. It contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a dangerous chemical used as a lathering agent, taste is not the best. Many cheap parallel imports of this brand flooding the market with many containing saccarin. Does not contain warning about. Family favourite and well advertised.
* Protects up to 12 hours
* Contains fluoride
* Approved by American Dental Association
Recommended by dentists, well promoted in the supermarkets and it is usually on sale or has a special promotion attached to it. Very well known household brand. Easy to identify in the supermarket.
the many chemicals in this leading brand product.

Rospat
RospatSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK

I used this toothpaste for some time and it seems to be quite effective;my teeth felt clean and seemed fairly white.However it is highly flavoured which put me off a bit.I certainly don't think it can achieve all it claims to do and might be a bit too abrasive for mature teeth? Also now our water has added fluoride in it I don't want a toothpaste with fluoride as it is going to be too much of a good thing. I have changed to a brand of natural aloe vera sensitive toothpast which I think is safer all round.
It seems fairly effective
Containd fluoride

Other Toothpastes

The F.
The F.asked

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi The F. We think you may be referring to our Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean toothpaste. We agree; this was a brilliant toothpaste! While Total Weekly Clean is no longer made, we recommend you try our Colgate Total Advanced Clean toothpaste as a daily use alternative

Ken Ward
Ken Wardasked

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian
brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes