Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

Lorraine
LorraineNSW

My go-to toothpaste.

My family have always used Colgate toothpaste, and I've always found it leaving my mouth fresh and clean. I'm almost 20 now and been using it my whole life, I've never had a filling! It's never irritated my tongue or gums. It does the job really well, highly recommended. It's also readily available in supermarkets.

mrstaylor
mrstaylorSydney

Leaves my mouth feeling minty fresh

I’ve always used Colgate since I was a little child, and I have had no reason to change brands at all. Although I’ve tried other brands – I usually feel that my mouth feels fresher with Colgate total. My teeth feel cleaner, and my mouth feels minty fresh. The only downside is that the prices are going up – but I guess that’s inflation for you. All in all, I don’t see me shifting my brand loyalties for many many years.

very good product

I often buy Colgate total toothpaste in the supermarkets or a pharmacy and found them to be excellent though sometimes I am lazy and don't use them / when I am having sore teeth I would reach for the Colgate toothpaste that doesn't work I just repeat the process / I totally recommend Colgate toothpaste to anyone as it always works for me / good that reminds me I need to buy some more new Colgate toothpaste as mine has probably gone out of useby date by

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This is a nice whitening toothpaste for me. I have sensitive teeth and I have noticed that I need to use less of the whitening ones because they are so strong. I trust colgate brand, so I have no problems with using it.
This is a great toothpaste from Colgate and I like using it. It has a nice fresh minty taste and its a whitening toothpaste too.
It is very expensive, but I find that most whitening pastes are higher priced. It comes on specials often, so thats a good time to stock up. And a lot of places now do the buy 2, get 3rd free deal, so as long as you buy 3 of the same, you will save loads of money and still get this great product.

Cinful
CinfulAU

Good

This is a great toothpaste - I will never stop using, mainly because I have found the freshness lasts longer than others. It is also value for money & it really feels like it gives my teeth a great clean!
My dentist recommended that I use this toothpaste, as I previously used a competitor's toothpaste. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the freshness lasted with this toothpaste. I was also surprised that it was not extremely expensive - I would say that it is average price for toothpaste these days.
I can't think of any negative things about this toothpaste

MotherMoon
MotherMoonWA, 6210

Good

Most shops stock at least the small tube, and the supermarkert well they have the whole range..The product itself is nice tasting so brushing doesnt become a hassle, There is a large variety to choose from, this one is meant to work for 12 hours or up to...I find this good to know as your ready to brush again by then. The price of this product is cheap really, compared to some I have used, its a great price and product for a family or anyone on a budget. But I am not saying that it isnt any good its just that someone nearly always has it on special thereofore making it a good buy.
I do like Colgate, the packaging could use an update, it is easy to get.

shellfreak
shellfreak

Good

I have found Colgate Total to be one of the better toothpastes around as it does feel like it is doing the job. It also contains flouride and also has some whitening elements to it each time you use it. Really good to use if you have had some dental work done in the past. It is not that expensive and is often on sale at the supermarket. Always available though.
A good hard working toothpaste that does a good job and is not too expensive when compared to some other brands out there. You can always find it at the supermarket.

kade1234
kade1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

In the past I was using a non-fluoride toothpaste and a manual tooth brush and found that I had mild gingivitis for many years. I tired many things to rectify the condition. In the end I found that an electric toothbrush and Colgate Total toothpaste made a difference and reduced the bleeding gums greatly. I think the electric toothbrush made the most difference, the toothpaste isn’t so important.

I am satisfied with Colgate Total however now I am trying Pearl Drops toothpaste as I am looking for something that polishes my teeth as well as clean. I prefer the taste of Pearl Drops toothpaste more than Colgate Total.
Cleans teeth well. Contains fluoride for healthier teeth (apparently). Claims to fight bacteria for 12 hours.

heytherek
heytherek

Good

This toothpaste feels like it is doing the job it should. It leaves your teeth feeling clean for quite some time afterwards. The toothpaste is definitely value for money and I regularly use it. The toothpaste comes in a variety of sizes and is always available. I have used this toothpaste with sensitive teeth and encountered no problems.
Works wells, leaves you with a fresh tasting mouth and gives a good clean. Comes in a variety of sizes and leaves a fresh taste in your mouth and your teeth clean. Often on special at cheap prices at the supermarket.

sabrahams
sabrahamsWA, 6069

Good

This toothpaste has a great taste and lives up to its name. It leaves your teeth feeling nice and clean for ages. It is a little more costly than other types of toothpastes but it is worth the money. I use this regularly and recommend it.
Cleans your teeth really well

Crystel
CrystelQld, 4212

Good

If you brush your teeth using another tooth paste you can really tell the difference as this toothpaste can make your teeth feel clean for hours and hours it makes them feel smooth and shinny and great it repels food away from them and has been making them real bright. Yes it is a bit expensive toothpaste but it is worth the money to keep your teeth clean and nice so you do not have to visit the detest often. I will keep on buying it for ever.
This toothpaste does everything it says it does.
none that I can find but I have only been using it for a week so I will wait and see

AmyPank
AmyPankNSW, 2000

Good

I believe this product is excellent as it is a total solution to teeth problems. It is not very costly and comes in different sizes that can go for months. However, I reckon this product is not availble at all departmental stores. But again unlike a lot of other products for teeth, only Colgate has a number of different types of toothpastes available and is pretty much a total solution to all teeth needs. Recommend this everytime twice a day. However, this toothpaste is not very good for sensitive teeth. I dont think this can be easily used on sensitive teeth.
Excellent product
Not available at a lot of stores

neodymium
neodymiumAU

Good

Colgate Total is a pleasant, readily available toothpaste that helps keep your teeth clean, reduces plaque and protects them from decay. The addition of the whitening formula provides the added benefit of making your teeth look whiter and brighter which is a plus. It is readily available and although it does cost a little more than other products on the market, it provides you with a complete formula that cleans and protects your teeth at a reasonable price.
Provides effective protection for you teeth and gums, Whitening formula helps keep your teeth looking bright and clean.
A bit more expensive than other products on the market

Jillpullen
Jillpullen

Good

I like how the product comes in several different sizes, so there is something for everyone. This toothpaste is reasonably priced and I can always find it in stock at my local supermarket. It leaves my breath feeling fresh and my teeth very clean. Colgate is a highly trusted brand and I would recommend this product to anyone - young and old.
Works really good at whitening your teeth. It also pleasant tasting and also helps my breath stay fresh. The product comes in attractive packaging and is very well priced.
Nothing. I think the product actually does what it claims to do.

yummymommy_09
yummymommy_09

Good

i've been switching to colgate for the past two years from a overly-priced brand. i found this one a really good value for money product. it keeps your teeth fresh for considerable time
it's very fresh, minty but not too harsh in your mouth
can't think of any

The F.
The F.asked

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi The F. We think you may be referring to our Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean toothpaste. We agree; this was a brilliant toothpaste! While Total Weekly Clean is no longer made, we recommend you try our Colgate Total Advanced Clean toothpaste as a daily use alternative

Ken Ward
Ken Wardasked

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes