Colgate Total

Colgate Total

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Colgate

Pros

• Can provide 12 hour protection

Cons

• New formula is not popular

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Taste
Stephen
StephenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good product

I have used this as my go to toothpaste for years now. It always does the trick and seems to be priced reasonably at the supermarket. The taste and texture is good. Never any complaints. One suggestion though, avoid drinking orange juice after brushing

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Taste
Mariana
MarianaDenver

Best Toothpaste ever

It's my teeth companion

Colgate is a good brand! I've been using it for quite some times now and I just got the advanced whitening, I hope it will be like the rest. Nice packaging but a little bit on the high side. Too many imitations in the Nigerian market.

LadyOfThree
LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

The best toothpaste

I find that only colgate total provides an all over clean feel and lasting fresh smell. After using many different kinds of toothpaste i always find myself coming back to colgate total. My whole mouth feels fresh for hours longer then it does with other toothpastes and my breath smells fresh between brushing. I also love the new tube shape! Makes it easier for squeezing out onto the brush and keep the top clean.
Fresh for longer

DrySensitiveSkinType
DrySensitiveSkinTypeWA, 6009

ColgateTotal: pleasant "on teeth" texture and cleans tea stains and blueberry juice from teeth well.

mountainsmum
mountainsmum

This is a good toothpaste and does it's job, keeps my teeth nice and white and feeling clean for longer. The texture of the toothpaste is much more pleasant in taste. Not a toothpaste we can use for the whole family, but then adult teeth and infant teeth are not quite the same. Cardboard packaging for recycling. Comes in different sizes, but we find the larger sized toothpaste more economical. Overall, would recommend this toothpaste for it's reasonable pricing, and ability to keep teeth white and clean.
I like the texture of this toothpaste and it cleans your teeth well.
No problems that I have noted.

lil_lazza
lil_lazza

this is a great all round toothpaste, this can be used by anyone. This is everything you want in a toothpaste all in one tube - whitening, fresh breath, tartar control.
This toothpaste is very well priced, often on special at the supermarket.
Would recommend this to anyone, even good for children if they use a little bit at a time. I only use this toothpaste and i havent had a tooth cabity for 8 years.
very reasonably priced and comes in a large tube. Whitened my teeth very gently over 2 weeks. not too harsh and leaves my teeth feeling very smooth after brushing. Keeps my breath fresh.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Christmas seems to go hand-in-hand with consumption, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be eco-friendly with your gift-giving. We’ve got tips for everything from shopping sustainably to zero-waste packaging, so that you can have a greener holiday season.

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
sassy65356
sassy65356ACT, 2601

A great brand. Even though it is not made in Australia, Colgate gives many million dollars of research into dental care in Australia (my dentist cited this as a reason to buy Colgate). Highly recommended.
This is a very good toothpaste brand and product. When compared to other brands, I find that I can trust this brand. My teeth always feel better after a brush with Colgate and my teeth are even a little whiter after its use. The build-up of plague on the teeth after brushing does not build up for many, many hours.
Price being the only one. However, you get what you pay for, and Colgate is a trusted brand that you know will always deliver.

kh1234
kh1234AU

I love this toothpaste. It is our family favorite. It leaves you with such a lovely fresh feeling. I stock up when it's on special too.
Leaves a nice smooth clean feeling
None whatsoever.

pinkprincess01
pinkprincess01AU

Colgate is a well known and trusted company. I use colgate toothpaste regularly and have had no problems with it, I find it to be a great toopaste and it cleans my teeth well.
Leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean, nice mint taste, comes in differnt sizes, avaliable everywhere
No cons about colgate toothpaste

NinaJay
NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

My toothpaste of choice. I prefer it to anything else and I really do believe it lasts longer than your standard toothpaste.
I like almost all of the toothpastes in the colgate total range. They just FEEL like they are doing a better job and I like it now that they have a whitening version as well.

Great refreshing taste which seems to last much longer than your ordinary toothpaste. Good consistency and texture in your mouth.
It is one of the more expensive but there seem to be regular specials on Total in Coles and woolies so I stock up when I see it on a good special

blackcat3
blackcat3NSW, 2350

This toothpaste is high quality and very good value for money. It really cleans your teeth well and keeps protecting them for hours after you brush. It comes from a very good and well trusted company and all their products are superior to other brands on the market. Very good product, highly recommend it to all consumers
this toothpaste leaves your mouth really fresh and clean. It protects your teeth and is very refreshing. Its reasonably priced and is often even cheaper when it is on special. This is a quality and trusted product
A bigger tube of it would be good

beautyqueen
beautyqueenvic, 3824

this is one of my favourite toothpastes, i love that it cleans your teeth so well and keeps plaque to a minimum, makes breath smell nice and clean and fresh. the packaging is great and the price is very fair, its great to get some on special and stock up. i dont think i will change from this toothpaste and the whole family uses it. great for kids too. i would recommend it to anyone, great value for money
does a great job, tastes great, leave breath smelling so fresh, cleans teeth very well, love the packaging
no cons at all

ralphy79
ralphy79

OK

It can be too abrasive. It contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a dangerous chemical used as a lathering agent, taste is not the best. Many cheap parallel imports of this brand flooding the market with many containing saccarin. Does not contain warning about. Family favourite and well advertised.
* Protects up to 12 hours
* Contains fluoride
* Approved by American Dental Association
Recommended by dentists, well promoted in the supermarkets and it is usually on sale or has a special promotion attached to it. Very well known household brand. Easy to identify in the supermarket.
the many chemicals in this leading brand product.

Rospat
RospatSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK

I used this toothpaste for some time and it seems to be quite effective;my teeth felt clean and seemed fairly white.However it is highly flavoured which put me off a bit.I certainly don't think it can achieve all it claims to do and might be a bit too abrasive for mature teeth? Also now our water has added fluoride in it I don't want a toothpaste with fluoride as it is going to be too much of a good thing. I have changed to a brand of natural aloe vera sensitive toothpast which I think is safer all round.
It seems fairly effective
Containd fluoride

The F.
The F.asked

What happened to the Colgate Total Care toothpaste? It would come in a small tube that was meant to be used after brushing with regular toothpaste and it says to avoid food and drink for at least 3hrs to make it work on the teeth. It did a very thorough job of cleaning the teeth and removed stains effectively, actually. Beats me why you take off the market something that works better than anything else!

Colgate
Colgate-PalmoliveColgate

Hi The F. We think you may be referring to our Colgate Total Professional Weekly Clean toothpaste. We agree; this was a brilliant toothpaste! While Total Weekly Clean is no longer made, we recommend you try our Colgate Total Advanced Clean toothpaste as a daily use alternative

Ken Ward
Ken Wardasked

What fluorine derivative ised in this product?

According to the box in my cupboard, it's 0.22% w/w Sodium Fluoride. Also contains Triclosan. Hope this helped.

brian
brian

If you want a proper fluoride treatment see your dentist / if you can afford it I suggest it it tastes like banana / if you can't afford it you could use the federal government dentist by phoning their 1300 number

Get an answer from our members and Colgate representatives

Colgate Total promises a thorough clean and protection from bacteria for 12 hours, provided you’ve been using the toothpaste for 4 continuous weeks.

This toothpaste is also designed to protect against the formation of cavities, plaque, tartar build-up and damage to enamel.

It should be noted that reviews submitted over the last 2 years frequently cite problems with a new formula used in Colgate Total. Reports commonly included complaints of a burning sensation, dry mouth, as well as an unpleasant aftertaste and watery consistency.

A number of these reviews were written by people who had happily used Colgate for several years prior to the formula change.

CategoryToothpastes