Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

• Pet OwnerYes · No (10)
abbie

abbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It Does Not Work

There were only a couple of ants in my room before. So I bought the antrid today and it ends up attracts moreeeee ants into my room. There should be more than 100 now. What a crappy product.

Purchased in March 2021 for $5.00.

Infested AreaBedroom
Cass

Cass

Waste of money

I used to use the Ant-Rid liquid all the time and it worked extremely well. But it appears that the formula has changed and is now ineffective. Previously, the mixture was dark yellow in colour and a very thick consistency. Ants used to flock to it immediately and were gone within 24 hours. But in this most recent twin set I have purchased, it is a pale yellow and very watery consistency. The ants simply ignore it for the most part and day after day they return. Total waste of money and effort. Time to try another product.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
John D

John DSydney, NSW

5 stars...if you use it on the right ants

I've used just about every ant killer product on the range of ants you'd discover in Sydney. I've found Ant Rid brilliant for small black ants (the most common ant in Sydney) and hopeless for all other ants. I think that explains the mixed reviews. If your ants don't almost immediately swarm over Ant Rid and devour it greedily, they're almost certainly the wrong kind of ant. I'd then recommend using Talon Ant Killer gel, which will usually do the trick.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $7.65.

Infested AreaOutdoors
Pest Control Products

Find out how Combat Ant-Rid Liquid compares to other Pest Control Products

Johnny G.Illawarra, NSW

Effective

My ants love it. I tried it last week in one spot, and within a few days the ants were gone. This morning I applied some to a new visible spot and the ants are swarming. It took less than a minute from new application until there was a reaction. For me, I think it is a good product.

Purchased in September 2020 at IGA for $5.00.

Infested AreaBedroom and Kitchen
Syed

SyedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Ant Rid liquid-the best

I had ant problem for months, used ant liquid and in two days all ants disappeared, Highly recommended it. Mixing with little Strawberry jam also works if they don't eat it. Thank you ant-rid :)

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Infested AreaBathroom and Kitchen
Steve

SteveQueensland

Hopeless

I have now used two of the products. Ant Rid Liquid and also the Ant Rid Baits. The ants won't go near either of them. Both products waste of money.

Purchased in June 2020.

Infested AreaLiving/Dining Room

FastTurtleMelbourne

It works better than expected. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly.

We recently had an ant problem. Worse than previous years and was in somewhat impossible to handle.

1st time user of the product. Purchased a twin pack from Bunnings. Hardly used 1/4 of one bottle.

Black ants outdoors around the bins and slightly smaller brown ants inside.

I live in southern Victoria - so the effectiveness may differ depending on where you live.

I followed the instructions to the tee.

Ants were gone in just under a week. My observation was biggest drop in ant numbers was from the 2nd day of 1st application and became less everyday.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Infested AreaKitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors

Pauline PoppiFar North Queensland, QLD

What a shame the standard of the product has worsened

I have been using the Combat Ant-Rid liquid 50ml bottle for many years and have seen it go from a wonderful product to one that is governed by the almighty dollar, It used to be yellow in colour with a liquid that was quite thick, it then became thinner, and now it has become an inferior product that is runny like water with an opaque colour which makes it exceptionally hard to both see and apply when placed on a surface.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $4.10.

Infested AreaBathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
John Lewis

John LewisSydney, NSW

Year two with Antrid

Last year Antrid worked and the ants disappeared. In the last 2 weeks ants have come into the kitchen and an application of ant rid seems to have no effect. John Lewis

Purchased in December 2019 at IGA .

Infested AreaKitchen
Pest Control Products

Find out how Combat Ant-Rid Liquid compares to other Pest Control Products

jian53Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Taking a while to work

Okay, here is the thing. The ant kill liquid appears to attract the little black ants in the kitchen. There are probably a few million ants in a nest. It is a slow poison that will take a few days to spread through the nest and reach a level of toxicity where it starts knocking over the ants. It might take a couple of weeks of regular doses for it to reach and kill the queen, but then the battle is over and the nest will die off. I am on day three, and the ants have not learned to avoid it, yet.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths.

Infested AreaKitchen

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama