Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

1.8

• Pet OwnerYes (5) · No

Ant Rid doesn't work

The ant rid formula has obviously changed. It used to work the first time it was applied. Have now used it several times and it is not working at all.

Purchased in March 2021.

Infested AreaKitchen
Jane

JanePerth, WA

What’s happening?

Hi
I put down 2 Combat Ant Rid baits on my bathroom sink nearly 3 weeks ago. Almost half of one bait has been consumed and about a third of the other. There has been no decrease in ant activity. In fact they seem to be using it as a smorgasbord.
Should I just call the professionals?

Purchased in December 2020.

Infested AreaBathroom
chicken

chickenSydney, NSW

Something has changed, it doesn't work anymore

Something seems to have changed, this used to be my goto product and was very effective at controlling the ants, even working outside quite well.

This summer's ant season and the Ant-Rid doesn't seem to be working at all, only effective at reducing the numbers a little bit before they come back with a vengeance a week later. I even went through 5 bottles.

I switched to the Talon syringe gel product and it did the trick.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Infested AreaBathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Pest Control Products

Find out how Combat Ant-Rid Liquid compares to other Pest Control Products

Kathy

KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The only one that works!

After a continuous battle with ants around the outside of my home and trying so many products and useless sprays I found that the ‘good ‘ol’ Ant Rid liquid is the only product that’s worked!
I placed some into small plastic bottle lids in areas where there were trails. I then placed half a brick or a large rock on an angle to cover the lid enough so the ants still could get to it but pets can’t get to it. Within a day or two the trails in those areas stopped. I continued to refill the lids with the ant rid until the trails stopped completely. You need to be persistent and top up the ant rid. Also, if the trails relocated, I just moved the ant rid to those areas.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Infested AreaOutdoors
kBI

kBISydney, NSW

Not effective like it used to be.

brought this product a few weeks ago and applied it a no. of times but ants keep coming. Applied every 2nd day and there are thousands of ants still coming. Seems like they have changed the formula and it no longer works. Going to go and buy another brand.

Purchased in December 2019 for $5.00.

Infested AreaKitchen and Outdoors

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama