Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid (page 2 of 4)

• Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (10)

Have Antrid change formula

Used to work great but lately the solution is more watery and the ants are not attracted to it any more, waste of money now ..does not work avoid this product.

Kitty girl

Kitty girlNsw, 2143

Ants ignore it.

First up, I'm reviewing the ant rid traps not the liquid. We have a severe ant problem in the caravan but the black ants just walked straight around or through the traps without even stopping! Think I'll go back to Borax and sugar.

Woody

WoodySydney, NSW

Used to be ok

Recommended by a friend to use Ant-Rid liquid to fight ants problem. it works for the first few bottles but somehow the ants may have adapted to it and they eat and grow bigger than ever before. The ants keep coming back after weeks or month. Time to find an alternative solution

ElPistole

ElPistoleSydney, NSW

Bam, and they're gone

I'd had ants appearing in fits and spurts around the apartment for weeks. I did a quick wipe down, then dripped the whole bottle of ant-rid in all the windows frames, along the base of the balcony doors and any other suspicious nooks and crannies. Well, since then - bang - all done! Nothing, not a peek. Could not be better than that! Fantastic.

Dave

Dave

Unfortunately. outcome was not significant.

I was having a moderated level severity ant invasion at my house. Had done some research online which lead me to this Combat Ant-Rid Liquid. Review was kind of bipolar. But i gave it a go anyway. The instruction said it will require consistency of application, which i have been doing it for 3 weeks. The amount of ant has decreased but still quite some of them were hanging around. It works but not to perfect standard as it calms

sculpter

sculpterWollongong

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid????? Finding recently purchased Ant-Rid useless ! ! !

Finding recently purchased Ant-Rid useless ! ! ! Where can I purchase Combat Ant-Rid , as ants are taking over my entire house in this very warm weather. We are on the coast near Wollongong.

Nam

NamCanberra 2600, ACT

Terrible product-Waste of money

Terrible product.Ant just passed and went straight to where they get attracted... but not ANT RID ever. So struggling, never ever used this product again. Waste of money and time.

Natasha

Natasha

Waste of money!

I have always sworn by ant rid but it has become useless. I know it can take time but we have been using it for weeks and the ants just avoid it. It seems a lot more watery than it used to. Perhaps they have changed the formula. I wouldn't recommend it anymore.

David

David

Useless. Ants avoid it

I bought this on recommendation but in reality, no matter where I place it along the ant path, they just ignore it by going around. Seems like I've wasted my money.

AMAZING RESULT !!

This product worked like a charm. The little buggers ignored it at first and then couldn't get enough. I was worried at first because so many more ants came into the house to have a drink of the Combat Ant-Rid. We woke up thinking that the ants might be immune to this stuff, given how many more came in for a feed, but no ants - none, they'd all disappeared ! It's been 5 days now and no sign of the little critters. I admit I was sceptical, but thought $3.50 what the hell...this stuff really worked for us.

Dane

Dane

IMPRESSED...

I was recently prompted to find an ant solution following an mini-invasion into my crockery-kept sugar jar. Set a bait down before going to work... all gone by the time I got home. Decided to experiment on a particularly active ant trail down the back of the garden... amazed... what was virtually an ant high-way... gone. Very satisfied with this well priced product..

works fast

i put inside the house on a beer bottle cap near the trail about 2 hrs latet ant were all gone i tried outside but not very good it formed a gel too hard for ants to eat

Useless

Hopeless, put it on ant trails and they immediately turn away from it and try to find a way around the liquid!! Put in bathrooms and even tried it outside, same result. Don't waste your money.

Jay

JaySydney

Mixed reviews

It worked for the first two days when I put it but the ants continue to come back so you've actually got to keep putting it every now and then. Also, I observed that after the first day I had to change the spot slightly or else the ants would just walk around it.

Not as effective as bprevious batches

Just purchased , 3rd week of March 2017, another bottle of ant rid. Previously any rid had worked really well, put a bottle top lid down, fill it up, drink up boys, all gone in two days. The last batch I purchased, not the same deep honey consistency and much less viscous, ants love it have lapped up half a dozen bottle caps filled up twice in the last 48 hours. Certainly not as effective as previous batch, increased immunity or changed concentration ?????

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Laughing all the way back to the nest!

Well, the little black ants that have invaded my kitchen have been happily munching on it for several weeks now. Little clusters of ants circle pools of Ant-Rid and industriously carry it back to their nest, wherever that is, pretty much 24 hours a day. I’ve used up half a bottle and not one ant has appeared even slightly adversely affected. I think they must be laughing all the way back to their food bank!

Has worked well

I tried everything from home mixes to chemicals but ant rid has done the trick for me it takes time but worth it I found I had to top up the liquid bait at least every two hours the first few days as they came in droves but they slowed down after awhile till gone but I keep a bottle handy to use again if I see any new one. You have to realise ant nests can be huge and it does take patience.

Allison

Allison

Just feeding the ants.....

We always had success for the last 30 years, using Ant Rid, but it used to be a thicker,syrup kind of solution. Now we had to buy 2 in 1 pack, from Bunnings. Some ants come around to drink it, but we seem to get heaps of ants back. I think I'll be taking mine back for a refund as well. There seems to be no end in sight to the ants coming, all small black house ants. So I'm wondering if the product has changed?/Note: we did have a previous 'out of date' product which the ants wouldn't go near, before we updated out pack.

Sunnflower

SunnflowerAU

Antless NOT

have used this a few times in the bathroom,doorstep etc its sticky and the ants just walk around it . Didnt do anything i could see to rid oir problem. I really dont like it sitting in corners when we have pets and kids . I really dont find it effective even after a few days. Its not cheap,either

Don't waste your money

This product is completely ineffective. The ants avoid it and just go around it. The product is supposed to attract ants to eat it but the ants will not go near it. I'm very disappointed.

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama