Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid (page 3 of 4)

• Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (10)
Marus

MarusGold Coast

Works well, but only on specific ants

Excellent product. I wish theyd improve the nozzle as the current one tends to drip along the sides.

As mentioned, the product works well but only on ants that like sweet food. Such as black house ants. Wont work on coastal brown ants or others that like protein rich food.

You'll know instantly as the ants go mad for it.

Perfect if used as directed

Forget the bait traps...use the liquid.
Use indoors only. My pet's food attracts the ants. When the cat is finished and the ants congregate, I strike. I use some drops to soak the cat food (do not move) lock cat out if you are worried). Plus follow the trail to room/house entry point. 5 cent pieces (1 cent best) work well as tiny ant-height ant rid trays along the path or in the cupboard. Good luck

David

DavidBrisbane

It does work but it takes a long time.

It has taken about 4 weeks of placing the product almost every day, for the ants to be gone.
It has taken about 4 weeks of placing the product almost every day for the ants to be gone.

Grumpy666

Grumpy666AU

Not working

I have used this product years ago and it was terrific now I think they must have changed it, I have been using I'd for several weeks the ants are eating it then coming back the next day for more. There is no decrease in the amount of ants I am very disappointed, it just does not work like it use to, must be made to a new environmentally friendly recipe and won't kill anything.

consumercustomer

consumercustomerAU

Ants avoid it - TOTALLY USELESS! 0 RATING!

Bought the two pack in Bunnings and did as per instructions! The ants avoided it and even if I put it in their path, added sugar and everything else to make it attractive to them they just will not go near it! Do not buy. Waste of time and money. I will try to get a refund from Bunnings as it does not do what it says it will.

CoffeeBender

CoffeeBenderMelbourne

Ant Rid still works in my area of Melbourne, Bayside.

Really works - always keep some on hand.

leptobramaMELBOURNE

Really works if used correctly!

Must be placed on the right surface and used consistently. Better indoors; obviously is affected by hot sun or rain. People who say this does not work are incapable of following the directions and understanding the limitations.

SukellesuSydney, NSW

Ant rid is useless avoid it like the plague.

Don't buy this product it does not work. The ants avoid it like the plague. I bought the double pack and wasted my money. I am going to Bunnings tomorrow to try to get my money back. I also can't seen to find their website. The one on the back of the pack does not seem to be valid. Don't buy. Does not work.

Sukellesu

I took the remainder back to Bunnings and had no trouble getting g a refund.

Brian Mc

Brian Mc

Ant Rid should be improved shortly

I contacted the manufacturers of Ant-Rid & they appreciated my input & are sending me a voucher for liquid ant-rid (which I am advised contains Borax) plus will pass on to their research team my suggestion to use more Borax & maybe honey, sugar based syrup or some "tasty" encouragement to attract the ants.
Care must be taken when using a Borax base "bait" to ensure there is no access to it by pets or young children & alert others.. maybe put the bait up high or in a safe place & in a match box with 2-3 "ant sized" holes in it.

Brian McMichan

Bella

BellaGippsland, VIC

Has the formula been changed?

Many years ago the ants would flock to this product. Now they won't have anything to do with it. Has the formula ben changed as originally it was a very thick 'pinky' colour........not any more. I have four different sized ants throughout my house and property yet cannot get any to go near it. Yes, I have laid it around everywhere.......to no avail. I give up!
Bella

Bob

BobMelbourne

The ants run away

It used to work once did they change the formula because it does not work now. Just a waste of money but I do hope they can fix the problem or give my money back.

BUGBUYER

BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

I couldn't live without Ant Rid, use it all the time

I have been using Ant rid for many years, and when used properly, the ant rid is taken back to their nest. You Do Need to follow instructions and place the Ant rid Liquid where the ants are walking... sometimes it takes a lot of ants to carry it back to the nest so a couple of drops doesn't work... I have had My Sink and cupboards covered in ants because I had placed Ant Rid on the sink and on the cupboard doors and it was all gone by morning, along with the ants. A lot of ants means a lot of Ant Rid has to be used.. Yes it works.. Don't disturb the ants just feed them Ant Rid and if You gave them enough they should all disappear...
Lee Bugbuyer

Judy

JudyBrisbane

Works for me!

Recently having a heap of ants hanging around our kitchen pantry, I bought some Ant Rid to try and get rid of them. Apparently the trick is that all the ants take it back to their source so it gets to the Queen? Well it worked for us, and after putting a few dabs here and there, there were a trail of dead ants and problem solved! We haven't had any ants since. Ant Rid is available from the supermarket and isn't too expensive, around $7 from memory. It did the trick for us.

Highly recommended

This product is excellent. One trick I've found works well though... Don't put the liquid down on a surface. I use old water bottle lids, fill the bottom with 1-2mls then put it directly in the ant trail. This morning when I put out three on a really busy trail. The ants went crazy on two of them but didn't touch the third so I moved the untouched cap along about 3 inches and now the ants are drinking from that happily. I generally find that it takes 1-2 days to kill off all the ants which must be how long it takes to kill the queen. But I haven't closed off the gaps so I must do that.

KRisp

KRispSydney

A great short term solution

Ant-rid won't kill ants immediately but works over a day or so. Very convenient & easy to use. However if you don't block the entry points (for eg around windows where seals have receded) they will eventually return.

Benton Simtale

Benton SimtaleSydney

Does not work!

I have put it all over the trail, ants didnt touch it. I mixed it with honey ants didnt touch it. I mixed it with peanut butter, ants didn't tough it. I even put it on a small spider for them. Ants didn't touch it.

Don't buy this garbage product. Complete scam and rip off to me.

grrahul

grrahulSydney

Worked like a charm

if ants don't like it mix it with peanut butter

Sugar loving ants love it but we have twice had ants that won't touch it. These are ants that love fat and meat so I mixed it with a little bit of peanut butter put it and they came out to find it

Kevin C

Kevin CHervey Bay

Great product

Have used this a number of times over the years and found it very good. It works best indoors with small black ants. If you put some in a few places on the ant trail and leave it undisturbed it will work. For large infestation such as we just had in our kitchen it is best to keep reapplying and undisturbed for a couple of days. I don't know what some people are doing wrong but used properly it works well!!

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

Just a bad batch.