Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid (page 4 of 4)

• Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (10)
Keith d.

Keith d.AU

A 65 year long scam

Yes, thats how long the manufacturer (Henkel Australia P/L) claims they have been making this product.
Don't be fooled by the clever wording on the bottle. It appears very convincing but this is a scam.
After all these years some authority should but an end to this long running deceit.
I will claim a refund from my favourite Bunnings.

ShezzPerth, WA

Ant Rid 100% effective if you know ONE trick

Antrid mixed 50/50 with honey.
even outdoors.
use the honey pouring/squeeze bottle mix honey & Ant Rid lid open and place a drop on the trail and lay the bottle beside it for 5 days.
3 yrs later still no ants.

Shezz

this ONLY works for ants that prefer a sugar diet.. a different bait ( Ant Rid in the trap) is needed for protein diet based ants

Sam

SamAU

Worked well, but has some flaws

I managed to eliminate a couple of nests (hundreds or maybe thousands of ants) with a few of these little bottles. The ants absolutely loved the stuff, and after only a few days their numbers decreased.

It doesn't work very well outdoors, though, because it dries up, and then the ants won't have it anymore. It also leaves a sticky residue that you can see. I think it has honey in it, and you can smell that, too, before it dries up. I think Talon/Selley's Ant Gel could be better because it solves all of these problems.

Joke

I gave these medium size ants a whole bottle of the liquid over a week in a jar and tipped over my hose, they ate it like they were addicted to it and it done nothing to slow them down, not as if it was a fully sik nest either... Wont buy again

Works every time

This product has always worked for me, you just have to follow the instructions. The key is putting it out in multiple places, where ever you see trails of ants. If I put out 5 or 6 locations of antrid they may only go for 1 or 2, but it gets rid of them every time. Takes a couple of days to be completely effective.

Great product (if you have the right ants)

I've read mixed reviews of Ant-Rid, mostly concerned with whether or not the ants are attracted to the bait. The ants around my area are immediately attracted to the liquid (swarming within a second of it hitting the ground). It's worth a try, but it'll only work if your particular ants are attracted to sweet substances (other species may prefer protein-rich soft foods).

BandMCanberra

Useless - The ants march straight past it!

This product is Useless! I have followed the directions to the letter - and little black ants completely ignore it and trail straight past! I have also tried (same brand) little baits that are meant to attract the ants - same result. Would love to know just what DOES work! ( aside from surface spray that doesn't go back to the next ( which is in the roof btw - not outside in the garden)
Nothing
It doesn't work

BandM

"nest" ..not 'next' stupid auto correct.

Michael88AU

Don't bother

Does not work. Ants don't touch it. I also thought it was expensive for what it was, and there are heaps of products available that do a much better job. I would not recommend this product to anyone, instead I would settle for a can of surface spray, or a nice fat nepenthes pitcher plant (which works very well for me).

Michael88

Active ingredient is borax. Hint,hint. ;)

no good

Ant Rid use to work very well but with a recently purchased bottle find that the ants do not go near it & make their way around it. Ants are still there and the ant rid has not made any difference where as previous bottles worked very well & all ants dissapeared.

Does not attract the ants like previous purchase.

John
John

Totally agree with you, its useless, rang ant rid and complained, they said that it works in some areas but not in others, just a quick way to get money, they need reporting for false advertising.

FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Useless product... draws more ants into the house

Tim ProsserPerth, Western Australia

Useless

I'm afraid I've found this product to be absolutely useless. The odd one or two ants will stop and investigate, but quickly decide that it isn't of much interest and move on. They simply ignore it and I have just as much of an infestation as I had two weeks ago. I'm sorry, but I cannot recommend a product that is completely useless and a waste of money.
Nothing
It doesn't work.

Good Riddance

I used the Ant Rid liquid which was absolutely covered with ants within an hour.
Within a day, most had disappeared and a few had died next to the liquid.
On the third day I cleaned the area and re-applied the Ant Rid, and only a few slow/sick looking ants have surfaced to eat it.
I no longer have ants in the kitchen.
Easy to use and easy to clean up. Plenty in the bottle for future use if required.

Tim Prosser

I'm afraid I've found the stuff useless. The ants simply ignore it and I have just as many of the damned creatures all over the kitchen as before. Sorry, but I won't recommend a completely useless product.

Terrible

At least it came off with water. This product drew the ants to the liquid but did virtually nothing else. I ended up having to get my can of aeroguard and spray everything. Would definitely NOT buy again. The liquid crystallizes and sticks everywhere and practically has no use. Waste of money.

Boshy888

Boshy888NSW, 2444

Wouldn't be without it

Baroness

BaronessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked better than conventional surface sprays

This product worked wonders in ridding our recent ant problem. Although the instructions outline that the product is not recommended for use outside, I found that the liquid also worked well after using outside our home.

The liquid is easy to use and does not create uncontrolled emissions; as can often occur with sprays.

The ant rid liquid, does take time to work, but is effective and cost efficient.
Some re-applying may need to be considered if and when there is a new ant problem.

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama