Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

• Pet OwnerYes (4) · No (5)

Ant Rid doesn't work

The ant rid formula has obviously changed. It used to work the first time it was applied. Have now used it several times and it is not working at all.

Purchased in March 2021.

abbie

abbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It Does Not Work

There were only a couple of ants in my room before. So I bought the antrid today and it ends up attracts moreeeee ants into my room. There should be more than 100 now. What a crappy product.

Purchased in March 2021 for $5.00.

Cass

Cass

Waste of money

I used to use the Ant-Rid liquid all the time and it worked extremely well. But it appears that the formula has changed and is now ineffective. Previously, the mixture was dark yellow in colour and a very thick consistency. Ants used to flock to it immediately and were gone within 24 hours. But in this most recent twin set I have purchased, it is a pale yellow and very watery consistency. The ants simply ignore it for the most part and day after day they return. Total waste of money and effort. Time to try another product.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jane

JanePerth, WA

What’s happening?

Hi
I put down 2 Combat Ant Rid baits on my bathroom sink nearly 3 weeks ago. Almost half of one bait has been consumed and about a third of the other. There has been no decrease in ant activity. In fact they seem to be using it as a smorgasbord.
Should I just call the professionals?

Purchased in December 2020.

Steve

SteveQueensland

Hopeless

I have now used two of the products. Ant Rid Liquid and also the Ant Rid Baits. The ants won't go near either of them. Both products waste of money.

Purchased in June 2020.

Infested AreaLiving/Dining Room
Pet OwnerNo
Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

Ant rid does not work

I have used this product before many years ago. Worked perfectly at that time. Now the new product which I recently purchased does not work at all. Ants simply walk around the droplet along its paths. The ants stayed away from the droplet.

Purchased in March 2020.

chicken

chickenSydney, NSW

Something has changed, it doesn't work anymore

Something seems to have changed, this used to be my goto product and was very effective at controlling the ants, even working outside quite well.

This summer's ant season and the Ant-Rid doesn't seem to be working at all, only effective at reducing the numbers a little bit before they come back with a vengeance a week later. I even went through 5 bottles.

I switched to the Talon syringe gel product and it did the trick.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $4.00.

Pauline PoppiFar North Queensland, QLD

What a shame the standard of the product has worsened

I have been using the Combat Ant-Rid liquid 50ml bottle for many years and have seen it go from a wonderful product to one that is governed by the almighty dollar, It used to be yellow in colour with a liquid that was quite thick, it then became thinner, and now it has become an inferior product that is runny like water with an opaque colour which makes it exceptionally hard to both see and apply when placed on a surface.

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $4.10.

Infested AreaBathroom, Kitchen, Living/Dining Room and Outdoors
Pet OwnerNo
kBI

kBISydney, NSW

Not effective like it used to be.

brought this product a few weeks ago and applied it a no. of times but ants keep coming. Applied every 2nd day and there are thousands of ants still coming. Seems like they have changed the formula and it no longer works. Going to go and buy another brand.

Purchased in December 2019 for $5.00.

John Lewis

John LewisSydney, NSW

Year two with Antrid

Last year Antrid worked and the ants disappeared. In the last 2 weeks ants have come into the kitchen and an application of ant rid seems to have no effect. John Lewis

Purchased in December 2019 at IGA .

cherry collins

cherry collinsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ants are ignoring antrid.

I googled this because this once perfect product does not seem to work now. 2018. once a whole circle of ants ran to the droplet but now, I am lucky to get one. I got it to slightly work better, not much mind you..by sprinkling a little sugar over and in the ant rid...BUT I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. I wont be buying it again. either they changed the recipe or the ants are now self aware and not effected by it. DONT BUY IT.

Sam w

Sam w

Ummm Ant Feed!

Have Antrid change formula

Used to work great but lately the solution is more watery and the ants are not attracted to it any more, waste of money now ..does not work avoid this product.

Kitty girl

Kitty girlNsw, 2143

Ants ignore it.

First up, I'm reviewing the ant rid traps not the liquid. We have a severe ant problem in the caravan but the black ants just walked straight around or through the traps without even stopping! Think I'll go back to Borax and sugar.

sculpter

sculpterWollongong

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid????? Finding recently purchased Ant-Rid useless ! ! !

Finding recently purchased Ant-Rid useless ! ! ! Where can I purchase Combat Ant-Rid , as ants are taking over my entire house in this very warm weather. We are on the coast near Wollongong.

Nam

NamCanberra 2600, ACT

Terrible product-Waste of money

Terrible product.Ant just passed and went straight to where they get attracted... but not ANT RID ever. So struggling, never ever used this product again. Waste of money and time.

Natasha

Natasha

Waste of money!

I have always sworn by ant rid but it has become useless. I know it can take time but we have been using it for weeks and the ants just avoid it. It seems a lot more watery than it used to. Perhaps they have changed the formula. I wouldn't recommend it anymore.

David

David

Useless. Ants avoid it

I bought this on recommendation but in reality, no matter where I place it along the ant path, they just ignore it by going around. Seems like I've wasted my money.

Useless

Hopeless, put it on ant trails and they immediately turn away from it and try to find a way around the liquid!! Put in bathrooms and even tried it outside, same result. Don't waste your money.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Laughing all the way back to the nest!

Well, the little black ants that have invaded my kitchen have been happily munching on it for several weeks now. Little clusters of ants circle pools of Ant-Rid and industriously carry it back to their nest, wherever that is, pretty much 24 hours a day. I’ve used up half a bottle and not one ant has appeared even slightly adversely affected. I think they must be laughing all the way back to their food bank!

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama