Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Phil_Parry

Phil_ParryAU

Waste of Money

Some years ago Ant-Rid was the goto product and worked brilliantly. So I guess people like myself just grab the product based on the original product reputation. Not again. With all the changes that manufacturers have to comply with in this country now, I'm guessing that anything 'poison' has to be modified. Sheez!..wouldn't want to hurt ants now, would we. Anyhow, laid 4 baits right on the black line of ants. Watched for 10 mins. Not one ant was attracted. They just walked aound the bait (I think I could hear some ants laughing) and 3 days later, I still have an infestation. Oh well at least it comes in a nice packet. (sigh!)

Woody

WoodySydney, NSW

Used to be ok

Recommended by a friend to use Ant-Rid liquid to fight ants problem. it works for the first few bottles but somehow the ants may have adapted to it and they eat and grow bigger than ever before. The ants keep coming back after weeks or month. Time to find an alternative solution

Not as effective as bprevious batches

Just purchased , 3rd week of March 2017, another bottle of ant rid. Previously any rid had worked really well, put a bottle top lid down, fill it up, drink up boys, all gone in two days. The last batch I purchased, not the same deep honey consistency and much less viscous, ants love it have lapped up half a dozen bottle caps filled up twice in the last 48 hours. Certainly not as effective as previous batch, increased immunity or changed concentration ?????

Pest Control Products

Find out how Combat Ant-Rid Liquid compares to other Pest Control Products

Sunnflower

SunnflowerAU

Antless NOT

have used this a few times in the bathroom,doorstep etc its sticky and the ants just walk around it . Didnt do anything i could see to rid oir problem. I really dont like it sitting in corners when we have pets and kids . I really dont find it effective even after a few days. Its not cheap,either

Bella

BellaGippsland, VIC

Has the formula been changed?

Many years ago the ants would flock to this product. Now they won't have anything to do with it. Has the formula ben changed as originally it was a very thick 'pinky' colour........not any more. I have four different sized ants throughout my house and property yet cannot get any to go near it. Yes, I have laid it around everywhere.......to no avail. I give up!
Bella

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle
FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

leptobrama