Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

Combat Ant-Rid Liquid

• Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (3)
John D

John DSydney, NSW

5 stars...if you use it on the right ants

I've used just about every ant killer product on the range of ants you'd discover in Sydney. I've found Ant Rid brilliant for small black ants (the most common ant in Sydney) and hopeless for all other ants. I think that explains the mixed reviews. If your ants don't almost immediately swarm over Ant Rid and devour it greedily, they're almost certainly the wrong kind of ant. I'd then recommend using Talon Ant Killer gel, which will usually do the trick.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $7.65.

Syed

SyedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Ant Rid liquid-the best

I had ant problem for months, used ant liquid and in two days all ants disappeared, Highly recommended it. Mixing with little Strawberry jam also works if they don't eat it. Thank you ant-rid :)

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

FastTurtleMelbourne

It works better than expected. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly.

We recently had an ant problem. Worse than previous years and was in somewhat impossible to handle.

1st time user of the product. Purchased a twin pack from Bunnings. Hardly used 1/4 of one bottle.

Black ants outdoors around the bins and slightly smaller brown ants inside.

I live in southern Victoria - so the effectiveness may differ depending on where you live.

I followed the instructions to the tee.

Ants were gone in just under a week. My observation was biggest drop in ant numbers was from the 2nd day of 1st application and became less everyday.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Kathy

KathyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The only one that works!

After a continuous battle with ants around the outside of my home and trying so many products and useless sprays I found that the ‘good ‘ol’ Ant Rid liquid is the only product that’s worked!
I placed some into small plastic bottle lids in areas where there were trails. I then placed half a brick or a large rock on an angle to cover the lid enough so the ants still could get to it but pets can’t get to it. Within a day or two the trails in those areas stopped. I continued to refill the lids with the ant rid until the trails stopped completely. You need to be persistent and top up the ant rid. Also, if the trails relocated, I just moved the ant rid to those areas.

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Katrina Price

Katrina PriceBlacktown

Still trying it out

Not sure yet. The ants didn't seem interested at first, but I had noticed that when I left a used coffee cup around they swarmed to it. So I tried the trick of putting a few drops of sugar based, liquid in the lid with the ant rid and they swarmed to it. Only just started using it so don't know but will follow with review. Have noticed that the ants seem to look a bit sluggish after they drink the liquid.

12 hours after placement all ants had disappeared and haven't seen any sign of them since. This is three days later.

ElPistole

ElPistoleSydney, NSW

Bam, and they're gone

I'd had ants appearing in fits and spurts around the apartment for weeks. I did a quick wipe down, then dripped the whole bottle of ant-rid in all the windows frames, along the base of the balcony doors and any other suspicious nooks and crannies. Well, since then - bang - all done! Nothing, not a peek. Could not be better than that! Fantastic.

AMAZING RESULT !!

This product worked like a charm. The little buggers ignored it at first and then couldn't get enough. I was worried at first because so many more ants came into the house to have a drink of the Combat Ant-Rid. We woke up thinking that the ants might be immune to this stuff, given how many more came in for a feed, but no ants - none, they'd all disappeared ! It's been 5 days now and no sign of the little critters. I admit I was sceptical, but thought $3.50 what the hell...this stuff really worked for us.

Dane

Dane

IMPRESSED...

I was recently prompted to find an ant solution following an mini-invasion into my crockery-kept sugar jar. Set a bait down before going to work... all gone by the time I got home. Decided to experiment on a particularly active ant trail down the back of the garden... amazed... what was virtually an ant high-way... gone. Very satisfied with this well priced product..

works fast

i put inside the house on a beer bottle cap near the trail about 2 hrs latet ant were all gone i tried outside but not very good it formed a gel too hard for ants to eat

Has worked well

I tried everything from home mixes to chemicals but ant rid has done the trick for me it takes time but worth it I found I had to top up the liquid bait at least every two hours the first few days as they came in droves but they slowed down after awhile till gone but I keep a bottle handy to use again if I see any new one. You have to realise ant nests can be huge and it does take patience.

Marus

MarusGold Coast

Works well, but only on specific ants

Excellent product. I wish theyd improve the nozzle as the current one tends to drip along the sides.

As mentioned, the product works well but only on ants that like sweet food. Such as black house ants. Wont work on coastal brown ants or others that like protein rich food.

You'll know instantly as the ants go mad for it.

Perfect if used as directed

Forget the bait traps...use the liquid.
Use indoors only. My pet's food attracts the ants. When the cat is finished and the ants congregate, I strike. I use some drops to soak the cat food (do not move) lock cat out if you are worried). Plus follow the trail to room/house entry point. 5 cent pieces (1 cent best) work well as tiny ant-height ant rid trays along the path or in the cupboard. Good luck

Really works - always keep some on hand.

leptobramaMELBOURNE

Really works if used correctly!

Must be placed on the right surface and used consistently. Better indoors; obviously is affected by hot sun or rain. People who say this does not work are incapable of following the directions and understanding the limitations.

Brian Mc

Brian Mc

Ant Rid should be improved shortly

I contacted the manufacturers of Ant-Rid & they appreciated my input & are sending me a voucher for liquid ant-rid (which I am advised contains Borax) plus will pass on to their research team my suggestion to use more Borax & maybe honey, sugar based syrup or some "tasty" encouragement to attract the ants.
Care must be taken when using a Borax base "bait" to ensure there is no access to it by pets or young children & alert others.. maybe put the bait up high or in a safe place & in a match box with 2-3 "ant sized" holes in it.

Brian McMichan

BUGBUYER

BUGBUYERHunter Region, NSW

I couldn't live without Ant Rid, use it all the time

I have been using Ant rid for many years, and when used properly, the ant rid is taken back to their nest. You Do Need to follow instructions and place the Ant rid Liquid where the ants are walking... sometimes it takes a lot of ants to carry it back to the nest so a couple of drops doesn't work... I have had My Sink and cupboards covered in ants because I had placed Ant Rid on the sink and on the cupboard doors and it was all gone by morning, along with the ants. A lot of ants means a lot of Ant Rid has to be used.. Yes it works.. Don't disturb the ants just feed them Ant Rid and if You gave them enough they should all disappear...
Lee Bugbuyer

Highly recommended

This product is excellent. One trick I've found works well though... Don't put the liquid down on a surface. I use old water bottle lids, fill the bottom with 1-2mls then put it directly in the ant trail. This morning when I put out three on a really busy trail. The ants went crazy on two of them but didn't touch the third so I moved the untouched cap along about 3 inches and now the ants are drinking from that happily. I generally find that it takes 1-2 days to kill off all the ants which must be how long it takes to kill the queen. But I haven't closed off the gaps so I must do that.

KRisp

KRispSydney

A great short term solution

Ant-rid won't kill ants immediately but works over a day or so. Very convenient & easy to use. However if you don't block the entry points (for eg around windows where seals have receded) they will eventually return.

grrahul

grrahulSydney

Worked like a charm

Kevin C

Kevin CHervey Bay

Great product

Have used this a number of times over the years and found it very good. It works best indoors with small black ants. If you put some in a few places on the ant trail and leave it undisturbed it will work. For large infestation such as we just had in our kitchen it is best to keep reapplying and undisturbed for a couple of days. I don't know what some people are doing wrong but used properly it works well!!

Clare.A

Clare.Aasked

Hi my husband put some ant rid down in the bathroom the ant crawled into my denture contain I didnt know this I took my dentures out rinsed and put in my mouth I think I may have poisoned myself what are the side effects

Johnny G.

The advice in case of poisoning - as written on the Ant-Rid bottle is to telephone the "Poisons Information Centre".
Australia 131 126.
Basic Stuff.

Charles Davison

Charles Davisonasked

can it be put on cement ?

Johnny G.

It could, but it will probably soak in, depending on the texture of the cement.
Put down a strip of non-porous adhesive tape or metal(like a jam bottle lid)first, then apply the product on top.

Ginger K.

Ginger K.asked

How come the ant rid gel isn’t thick anymore?
The last bottles I ever had would drop down onto the window ledge and stick up like a gel bubble, it was a darker brown colour too.
The new dual packet ant rid I bought at Bunnings is light like a pale yellow colour and drips down and spreads across the ledge like water. Then the ants don’t hover around it like a sperm to an ovum (that’s what they use to do)
The new ant rid - the ants just walk around it like it’s water.

I’ve been using ant rid for a few weeks now and nothing had happened - it’s like it’s a fertilisation drug - more and more and more ants are coming

FastTurtle

I'm a 1st time user and so far it has worked really well. I applied it at night as there is generally less movement around the house - not sure if that is of any help.

Pauline Poppi
Pauline Poppi

As I stated in my review, the quality of the product has deteriorated every time I purchased one. This is my third bottle.

Just a bad batch.