Elanco Comfortis Green (For Dogs 9.1 - 18kg, For Cats 5.5 - 11.2kg)

Elanco Comfortis Green (For Dogs 9.1 - 18kg, For Cats 5.5 - 11.2kg) Questions & Answers

6 questions from our users

Patty

Pattyasked

Can you cut a Comfortis for Cats pill in half?

Heatherbrae

Heatherbraeasked

I think the pet store gave me the wrong size comfortis for my dogs..my dogs weigh up to 8kg and the pack I was given is 9.1 to 18kg..can I cut these ones in half and will half be effective? I have opened the pack so can't take it back....

Todd
Todd

No throw it in the bin the stuff is toxic.

Cathy

Cathyasked

I gave my dog comfortis with his food. He was fine. But 24 hours later he threw up. it looked like it was an acid type of substance from the medicine. Did the comfortis go into his system? or could he throw it up 24 hours later?

Beej
Beej

Well the timeframe until fully digested would vary in different dogs and conditions. I would think 24hrs would be pretty safe to say the product would not be getting thrown back up... I think it mentions this in more detail on their website.

Smokey

Smokeyasked

My cat has been using Comfortis for about 6 months with no bad effects. Just this week she has started having seizures. Vet check showed no obvious causes and I have seen several posts about seizures and comfortis. Seeking some non biased feedback on any link between comfortis and seizures.

Doug
Doug

Okay first don't use it again if you think it's comfortis that's the cause I've never had an bad experience withit nor anyone I know
I apart from the taste turning my cats off eating it have not had an issue
But that don't mean it will be that way for all pets better safe then sorry
No product is worth gambling with your pets health
Hope I have helped

I took my 16 year old cat to the vet 10/10/16 at 6pm they gave him Comfortis at 1:30 am he passed away. My cat was my child. He had no signs that anything was wrong at 11pm. Please do not give your animals this. My cat has always been healthy yes he was old but I can't keep from thinking what if I would have not took him to get the pill.

kelly

kellyasked

Can you split comforts tablet in half?

Ccclaire
Ccclaire

I don't know sorry - you should ask your vet, or the supplier you're buying from. Best to be sure to buy the right size for your animal.

bohicasis
bohicasis

This is the only way my dog can tolerate it. And i do NOT give the other half later. I have to given my dog 1/2 the recommended dose per pound. I googled exactly how many milligrams per pound for my canine and split THAT in half. No problems with reactions. At recommended dose it was horrid. I gave half a pill from the box, reaction was NASTY and that was still many milligrams under what he should have had.

mambogirl

mambogirlasked

My dog is 9 kilos exact. Am I better to get the 9.1-18 or will this be too strong? I'm worried the lower one won't be strong enough.

BirdFraggle
BirdFraggle

Go low, especially since you are already within a very close range.

kis
kis

Go the lower dose. Best to be safe

Get an answer from our members and Elanco representatives