Elanco Comfortis Pink (For Dogs 2.3 - 4.5kg, Cats 1.4 - 2.7kg)

Elanco Comfortis Pink (For Dogs 2.3 - 4.5kg, Cats 1.4 - 2.7kg) Questions & Answers

1 question from our users

Linda

Lindaasked

Comfortis Pink (For Dogs 2.3 - 4.5kg, Cats 1.4 - 2.7kg)

I gave my 2 6 pound yorkies comforts (160mg) since they developed a lot of fleas 2 weeks after receiving sentinel. I fed them first. About a half hour later one of the dogs vomited but I do not know which one. I did see the pill present along with his dog food in the vomit. The next day my one dog still has fleas running around his belly.
The vet said it was okay to give another comfortis dose of 160mg but to give some Pepcid first.
I'm just concerned if it was not him that vomited that I will be giving him too much
Any ideas?

ABC123er
ABC123er

Gosh, Linda, that's a tough call. I would be VERY careful about possible double doses, particularly if he was the one who vomited (which you have no way of knowing). My cat got so sick from Comfortis that she had to be taken to the vet for treatment. My other cat handled it just fine. (They are 8 lbs and 10 lbs.) I would say if you do it, watch him SUPER closely and be ready to take him in to the vet if necessary. Good luck!

Scottsworld
Scottsworld

Why the hell are you asking this question to the internet?!
ASK YOUR VET!

Melorna
Melorna

Im not a vet but i do have an opinion. If you dont know which dog vomited i wouldnt give them another pill. You can use a topical flea treatment along with comfortis if you need extra help. This is what i would do. I wouldnt chance over dosing your little one. Just an opinion. Good luck