Commonwealth Bank Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Incompetent

Forget trying to call for a quote. Their Australian contact centre is severely understaffed. They will call you back. You suffer their rubbish IVR. Advertising. They can’t call you back at all at a prearranged time. They can’t email you anything. Has to be by post. Any issue and it’s 10 days + before you find out there is an issue with your cover. There is absolutely nothing these people get right and this is sales! Their communication fails to advise vehicle details. They just provide a policy number. When you have multiple vehicle policies you have no idea which one they are communicating about. So hard to give them business I can’t imagine what their actual claims process is like. In any event they can be trusted so taking 7 policies elsewhere. Not worth the risk. And there is absolutely no point promoting your all Australian call centre when you don’t staff it! Go to Manila or somewhere. Better yet, sack your useless executive team and get people who understand communication and sales. You have lost my business purely out of arrogance and stupidity.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Third Party Property Damage
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim MadeNo

Most useless insurance company i have EVER dealt with!!!

Setup fine. Value WAS good. Online claim system is pathetic, get's lost in commbank account. Cannot make a claim over the phone unless it's an emergency.

I was lead to believe that my excess was a tad higher at $1050 because of my increased monthly premium. I made a claim around a month ago, and had to request/pay/submit my 'official vic roads driving history' (have never had to do this in the past with any other insurance company). CommInsure turned around and said that by me driving my own car, my excess was $2650!!! (Apparently this was agreed to over a 'web chat', which they have failed to provide the transcript for after 3 separate requests) It would be cheaper for me to respray the other persons entire car!!!
Considering the money at stake, Commbank has still not contacted me about the claim. Worst customer service ever! Cancelling my policy, insurance and taking my loan/banking elsewhere!!!

Make sure you read Comminsure's shonky fineprint!!!

Cheers CommInsure!

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Incompetent and horrible communicators.

Had an accident that was not my fault.
Called to find out the easiest way to deal with it and they suggested they do the claim and waive the excess. They will "deal with the other party" and let them do the heavy lifting.
1 month of me calling they still hadn't contacted the other party. left multiple messages.
from what i could tell they never even googled the company name to find an alternative number or email.
After 1 month of me calling and them telling me nothing changed, I called the person who seemed to have zero clue that comm insure was even trying to contact them . After talking to me they called comm insure directly.
Comm insure didn't contact the person. I Did.
NOW they tell me to contact the person directly to organise a hire car with a generic " Not our problem response." After at the very least implying that if they got in contact with the person they could organise it for me.
No reason to use Comm insure. might offer you cheaper rates, but you get better quality and customer literally anywhere else.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Comprehensive is a Joke

Got rear ended (not at fault). Gave CI the others driver's registration and driver's license details. After replacing the rear bumper by their approved business, When I picked up my car the next day I was told to pay the $600 excess. CI charged me the excess because the driver doesn’t have a phone number. On closer inspection of his licence it shows it expired 14 month ago! He operated the vehicle with no valid driver’s licence rear ended me!!! I have “comprehensive” car insurance. Definition “comprehensive” Cambridge Dictionary “Comprehensive insurance will also cover you against theft, and against any damage done to your car…”
Definition “comprehensive” CI “We will….. bla bla bla….. I think their insurance offices is on the c/r of Screwyou Rd and Thanksmate St. Record phone conversations for training purposes, thhh it’s easier to train a monkey to do show jumping with a donkey. Cheers CI no more.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateApril 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Definitely not worth the price you pay for it

Car was broken into leaving front passenger window smashed, dinted door and stolen items.

-no option was given to tow the car to the mechanics even though the car was unroadworthy. Had to ask for it and had to justify why I was unable to drive it myself. Reason provided was that they don’t usually send out tow trucks for broken windows.
-did not even ask if a hire car was required. Had to ask for it
-beware of the ‘imposed excess’ charges when you claim. It’s in the PDS but not clearly visible or explained in detail. Very misleading to a consumer and in my opinion is definitely an unjust cost.

Comminsure is definitely not value for money and I would take my business elsewhere.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car Model2017 Mercedes Benz amg a45
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible experience. Don’t go with them

I had compressive car insurance with them. In Mar 2018, I made a claim of car accident. The driver didn’t stop and tried to escape. I followed the driver to his place and he refused to provide his driving license and details. So I had a police report. But I was unable to apply for the police report and camera footage by myself therefore I could not provide the evidence to insurance company to prove it’s not my fault. Police said the insurance company can access the report with police report number and required the footage. However, the comminsure states that it’s their policy that they don’t obtain the police report and it’s my responsibility to get it and provide to them, which I could not get it from the police. In the end they made the decision of equal liability for the accident which is totally not fair to me. As the comminsure lower my rating and increased the premium by over $500 and add a imposed driver excess of $1200 on top of the basic excess I chose $850 (total $2050 for the future claims till 2050). I called police today Mar 2019 to try whether I can get the report and footage and police said they can only provide the report number and insurance company can get it with the report number. Police said the only reason they have this policy that the costumer should provide the police report etc which I am unable to get it even I pay for it is because it does cost insurance company to do it. So they just simply identify and decide it’s my fault and increase the price and add imposed excess on my car insurance. I tried the communicate with comminsure many times and even their senior manger and I just have the repeated answer that they don’t obtain and investigate what truly happened - it’s their policy! They won’t truly care who’s fault it should be by getting further evidence and simply make you to pay higher next year. So why should customers stay with them who don’t really care about the best interest of customers! And their customer service is really bad, they only know what the system tells them which I can get all information online myself, they don’t the critical questions that customer asked. So they transfer you to claim department and the transfer the line to the policy department and in the end I still don’t get the answer I want to know. Extreme terrible experience with them!

Claim MadeYes

100 percent happy with Comminsure car insurance.

Had a nose to tail car accident, called Comminsure the following day and made a claim. Repairer emailed quote to Comminsure, and within 4 days had the approval to go ahead with repairs. Very happy with the whole transaction. I am staggered to read all the negative reviews.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2019

NO NOT USE!!!

4 months. Had an accident. They're only open 8 to 4 Monday to Friday. Your tow cover i valid after you get a tow pay and they reimburse "reasonable" expenses. Car should have been a write off they called it a repairable right off. Six month later car is still not running well.they refuse to have it sent back to mechanic.

Cannot fault comminsure

I am not insured with comminsure but was involved in an accident with someone who is. As it was the other partys fault i cannot stress that the service we have received as a non customer was fantastic. From the day of accident 4 weeks ago until now we received a loan car, great customet service, and a payout of my car as a total loss and didnt get ripped off in any way. The payout ammount was within the range we were seeking.

Insurance claim madeYes

Terrible beware do not use

We have made a claim on our home as or house went on fire 11 weeks later still nothing done still no money for our belongings we are living in a rental with nothing no communication always making excuses for why no work is done and trying to prove about what we had ie furniture clothes etc they want receipts how do we have receipts when our house went ok on fire.DO NOT use comminsure terrible company a nightmare.

hopeless customer service

4 weeks with no response on our claim .... and 1hour + waiting on the phone to their claims department - with out being answered . Clearly the Banking Royal Commission should extend its enquiry into the off shoot businesses run by the Banks.

Insurance claim madeNo

Appalling. Why cant I rate No stars - they dont deserve any!

I have banked with Commbank for over 16 years. Comminsure service has continually deteriorated over this time. They dont know what customer service is! I lodged a claim, and all I have received is a text message with the claim number and bank details for me to pay the excess into. How do I even know this is genuine? Why have they not responded through Netbank or email or by letter? They have all my details! Why do I get follow up texts that I cannot reply to? Why is there no contact phone number with their texts? When I found the phone number and rang they dont answer. Wait on hold for over 30 mins before giving up. Simply woeful..

October 27th 2018 Update: Appalling. Why cant I rate No stars - the saga continues

... the saga continues from since my last review on 26 Oct.
I rang Comminsure during business hours and was informed there was a high volume of calls, however I could request a callback and retain my place in the queue. Well, this is an improvement since a prior claim in 2016, things are looking up. Some 45 mins later I received my call back, BUT, I then had to wait on hold for 20 mins to be connected to a person - go figure.... When I finally spoke to someone I explained I has lodged a claim online (through Netbank) and had not received any further contact, other than a text message giving me bank details I could pay the excess into. How do I know its legitimate? I asked for a letter to be issued, with details of the claim that I had lodged, and for it to include the bank details. Not an unreasonable request surely? I was advised that he would send me an email with the banking details, but could not issue a letter with the claim details. Really? What sort of organisation is this? Anyway, I agreed, and told him that as soon as the email was received I would pay the excess. The email has still not been received.
I have banked with CBA for over 25 years. Everything is with them. Not for much longer. If you are thinking of entering into an insurance policy with these guys, think again!

Insurance claim madeYes

Car accident resulting in vehicle replacement

Wow, where to start. The worst experience I've ever had to endure. Dealing with CommInsure was worse than accident itself. A bunch of programmed muppets who can't think for themselves or do anything other than what they've been trained to do. And even that left a lot to be desired. Did not follow up on anything, did not contact me and did nothing that I asked them to do. I did all the chasing up, and I had to chase up AAMC (their vehicle replacement team) myself and make sure they were onto the job as there were some specifics that needed to be communicated to them. They were supposed to source the last manual car that I found at a dealership, instead they ordered it from another dealership where I would be waiting 6 weeks and didn't even bother to tell me. Useless. Will be canceling all my insurance with them after this (still waiting for my car and it's been over 5 weeks). Very very disappointing to say the least.

Insurance claim madeYes

Our car was hit by a truck in parking area,, on the Vedio footage number can’t be seen of truck,, th

This year we started our commonwealth bank insurance, not sure about the exact month. Over all experience so far is terrible and nightmare , they are for ripping off.

Insurance claim madeYes

What's the point of having insurance with CommInsure

Got rear ended (not at fault). Gave CI the others driver's registration and driver's license. CI wanted to charge me an excess even if not at fault, as they did not have the driver's phone number. I had to drive to the other driver's residence to get his phone number in order for me to avoid paying an excess.
CI also did not at any stage inform me I was entitled to a rental car, which I was.
A few months later CI sent me a letter wanting me to pay for the repairs.
In short, they are quick to get your money but you still have to do the hard yards if you need to make a claim, while they sit on their butts doing sweet FA.

CommInsure - Stay Away! Expensive and Restrictions

CommInsure offers options for cheaper premiums (age restriction, etc) but it is deceitful and not cheap. Do not fall into this trap, it is 20-40% more expensive compared to other companies and your circumstances may change. This happened to us as our no-fault claim has been denied due to age restriction. Reputable companies do not offer any age etc restrictions as an option.

CBA also charges the old customers higher premiums compared to the new ones. Our old "age restricted policy" was 30% higher than a new policy, and 15% higher than a new "unrestricted policy". Get new online quotes each year, it is very easy.

We have switched to RAC for a policy without any restriction. It is 40% cheaper in the first year and 30% cheaper thereafter. It includes my son as a registered driver and it has open driver policy so anyone can drive but regular drivers need to be registered.

CBA dispute resolution is terrible. Do not trust their website, they even do not observe their own resolution procedure.

CommInsure going down

After comminsure there customer is the worse driver , islander with a passion just be brand out traffic , my ccv tv shows a lot more and my kids were in the car, they never cared see there safety my barrister is looking into them after 5 months they give me the same scenario as my barrister said get your witnesses on the Stand there screwed stuff commonwealth we are customers we changing any dollar a dollars to them (y) too bad we have it on we got on record good on commbank we been longer me my wife stuff you

Insurance claim madeNo

Let's create a platform and take legal action!

I have had a terrible experience with CommInsure. Same experience as many others I have read in these pages. When you make a claim they don’t even bother replying. I would like to get in touch with as many of you as possible, and develop a plan to take serious legal action and take CommInsurance to their insurance watchdog. There is a code of practice they are obliged to follow which they systematically breach and ignore, and only through serious organised actions we can make our voices heard. Other options could involve a media campaign and others.

I am confident that most of the people affected by CommInsurance malpractice will end up in this page reading this. Not only that, but I will be forwarding this message directly to as many people as I can in online forums. It will take a while until we can gather enough force to make a change, but together we can really do a lot of damage.

Please contact me [contact details removed]

Cheap but Extremely Unreliable - Save $70 Today, Lose $700 Tomorrow

If you don't expect to have a not-at-fault accident in the next 10 years, then CommInsure offers great prices. But if you're unlucky enough to be in an accident, it'll be cheaper to go with a more reliable and reputable insurance company. CommInsure will charge you excess up front - regardless of fault, and then will do nothing more on the case.

My case was a clear-cut case: my vehicle was parked and another driver reversed into it. I exchanged details with the other driver and passed them onto CommInsure.

After my car was repaired, I was required to pay the $700 excess before the car was released, even though they agreed that I was not-at-fault in this accident. They then told me I will get this back when they recover it from the other insurance company. It has been 5 months since the accident and they still have not recovered the money.

Since paying that excess, there has been no progress on the case. Each of the 9 times I've call up, I'm told someone will "look into it and call me back". I have never received a call back. The damage on the vehicle may have been less than $700 to fix, so they are content taking the money and calling it a day.

Additionally, their PDS states that excess will be waived in accidents where the vehicle is parked and details are provided. When I brought this up with them, I was told it doesn't apply to my specific case and the excess still applies.

very helpful staff

A lot of bad reviews here, so i thought i write something because honestly i dont get it,, the staff was very helpful in filling out the claim form, Smash Coopers their Repairer was very helpful and polite as a Aboriginal that doesnt read or write well i needed all the help i could get and that what happen, Anyway i a am real person you can find me on Face Book, Michael Jungura Aboriginal thank you.