Commonwealth Bank Car Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Car Insurance Questions & Answers

Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage, Fire & Theft, Third Party Property Damage

11 questions from our users

Kristina N.

Kristina N.asked

Does CBA comprehensive car insurance cover for damage done to your car whilst parked when you do not know who caused the damage?

unhappy
unhappy

Hi Kristina,
Not 100% sure as I was never in that situation, but it should be covered. best bet is to call them up and get them to answer these questions

Jo B

Jo Basked

Do I have to add a person's name and details to my car insurance if they are over 35 and will be only driving my car very occassionally?

CLR

CLRasked

Who is the underwriter

It’s mee

It’s meeasked

Do comminsure cover cost of baby capsules?

george
george

You will have to ask comminsure that question or check your policy

aziz

azizasked

my friend has his car insuured with common wealth bank 3 party he had accedent but he is not at fault should he pay access fee??

Andrew

well if your friend wasn't at fault then they shouldn't have to
but if the Insurance company they're with says they're at fault ( some companies do that ) then yes they'll have to pay the excess fee

If they say it's their fault then the other person gets the car repaired there's a chance the repair company will declare it a write off ( because logic and now a small bump is a write off )

Methu

Methuasked

In my case, I am the only person that claim for a payment, and the driver that hit me won't claim, so this company decided to reject my payment requirement by adopting that driver's description. I provide all the information and video record, but that driver provides nothing just description in the phone passively(police officer called her and the insurance company called her, she actually just hit and run)
Is there a way to indict this company to any organizations????

pillze80
pillze80

If I ever had to deal with this company again, I would sue instead. I wish you all the best and would recommend you contact the Financial Ombudman or a lawyer tomorrow. This company will try and screw you otherwise

hey Methu
the reason cominsure refused to believe you when you provided proof is because the excess for making a claim is higher than average
they always side with the person with no proof
In short they're a scam company

Jeanyasked

Hi,
I'm the third party insurance. It was happened on 9th July. I have been waiting until now to get pay off. They just delay for paying off and i ask why....???? It said the guys hit my car has not pay the access fee for them so they won't pay off for me. That's so ridiculous!!!! What i am going to do now...????

Sandra

Hi Jeany. My case was bit diffeerent so i am not completely sure. I think, if another party doesn't admitt that he was in fault and pay acess you won't be able to get any repair or money. Unfortunately if you don't have comprehensive car cover noone will fight for you. I hope i helped. Regards Sandra

Hi,
He addmit his fault and my car was valuated at $6000. It's also have my bank account and just wait for paying off. But i have been waiting but they have not process the payment. I keep asking and they asked because the guy hit my car has not paying the access fees..... Is it their responsibilities to do it or .....???

The Little One

Hi Jeany, If it is just payment that you are waiting for then, Yes the at fault driver has to pay their excess before you can even get your money.. The most stupidest rules some insurance companies have even we we do all the right things and not at fault. If you want some more professional info I would contact the FOS Financial Ombudsman Services and they will guide you in the right direction. It took 7 months for me to get my car back and I had the driver pass away in my front garden whom was under the influence so their insurance told me pretty much sue the family???? I am still fighting through FOS 10 months later as they undervalued my car with the wrong model and on Gumtree!!! not a viable site to have car valued on. Hope this as helped you , good luck and hope you get your payment soon :)

Jeanyasked

Hi guys,
My cas was total lost after investigating. They did already told me how much they will pay for my car instead. They said it will need to reach obligation policy...and pay money for my car after that. I have been waiting for a month and no responses. I was calling to them so many times and just said waiting!!!!
What should i do now????

The Little One

I would contact the financial ombudsman, they can advise you

The Little One

Hi Jeany this is the web site you should be able to contact FOS through here. https://www.fos.org.au/

Sandraasked

Insured with Comminsure, Third Party Insurance. I had car accident 3 weeks ago. Not my fault. Another driver uninsured. Under my policy I could be covered for up to $4000. Took me 3 weeks to get another drivers details (Name, address and car rego) and now Comminsure don't want to help me because I don't have his phone number. Is that possible?

The Little One

I am led to believe that as long as you have the other drivers rego and or drivers licence number that should suffice

p davis

p davisasked

Tried apia they are $300 dearer than comminsure how come?

ERose

I don't know why, I only gave you my opinion, based on my and others friends experiences. Ultimately it is your choice, but you will have much more than $300 worth of headache with comminsure, based on my experience with them.

p davis

p davisasked

Has anyone got any idea who is a trust worthy and safe company to insure with?Open for suggestions.

ERose

If you are over 50 I believe APIA is great, a family member had reason to deal with them - no fuss no hassle. I also beleive AAMI arent too bad.

The Little One

After such a bad experience with Comminsure I am now with Elders and am very pleased with my insurance policy. EG: I pay an extra $3 per month and I have a policy for agreed value with a free windscreen

Get an answer from our members and Commonwealth Bank representatives