Commonwealth Bank Income Protection Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Income Protection Insurance

See the Best Income Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6

ive never made a claim but its impossible to get through to them

I tried to call comminsure to just change the direct debit details on my monthly payment. i sat for 30 mins in a phone queue then scheduled a call back from someone. The SAME THING happened on the call back, i sat in a long queue for a long time. What is the point?? I never got to speak to anyone, and so sent a msg on the facebook site and got nowhere too. Now im ringing another company that can answer the phone and send emails. I would hate to be making a claim with comminsure if they are this hard to get onto.

Took to long.

Took too long. I lodge it in September 2018 and now it’s 21/12/18 and just found out that the manager won’t look at it till January 2019. So disappointed no money for Christmas.

Steven
StevenBrisbane

A total rort, don't bother

I have had a "level" policy for a few years, sold to me by a CBA adviser as being more affordable in the long-term as premiums will not increase like a "stepped" policy would. This year the premiums are increasing by 21.4%. By any real world definition I know of, that is NOT a level premium. Probably buried in the t&c's it says they can do this but this behaviour is just another example of the totally unethical and morally bankrupt behaviour of this bank.

Income Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Income Protection Insurance compares to other Income Insurance

Trauma

I lost an eye to cancer and they are still playing me around I sent them all the medical information plus a big list of things the doctor gave me of everything they did to me during surgery and what type of cancer I had. They are still trying to get the hospital to send them more info. They are saying that it might not be covered that my trauma and cancer claim might not fit there definition of trauma or definition of cancer.

Jay.C
Jay.C

Disgusted

Never use comminsure, you won’t get paid and they will do anything not to pay a claim. I know I’ve had to endure not being able to work since August 2016 and I had an income protection policy, but because I didn’t disclose that I suffered from depression many years ago they declined my claim and cancelled my policy. Now myself and my family have had to suffer because of this.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ash
Ash

Very difficult

They want you and doctors to fill out an unbelievable amount of paperwork. They accused me of seeing too many doctors and making it hard for them when my normal doctor was off sick. Accepted finally, quiet disappointing experience, from a bank I've always used, but not much longer.

Saint
SaintSydney, NSW

Income protection

Recently received a letter for my insurer, same one you would get from any of them I am told. That as reached 65 I am no longer able to have income protection insurance. I am not retiring, in good physical and mental health but the cover will end. In an era where the next generation can't retire till 70 I find this disappointing.
The service has been excellent over the years and I have no real complaint except it is ageist and makes a lot of assumptions about people.
I write the review to inform other who make get such a letter.

Scam

I was unemployed when I took out a 5000 dollar loan and they said i need to take out income protection to get the loan. I also took out life insurance. When I refinanced my loan they said to get it I would have to cancel both income protection and my life insurance. I will be changing banks for sure.

Rip offs

Paying for this is a total waste of money. Off work for 6 weeks without pay due to injury and it takes 30 days for claim to be processed and not even sure will pay 2 loan payments. Beware this has to be a money grabbing scam

Lys
LysSydney

Waste of money

Total waste of money. Will do anything not to pay out on policy. Basically I've been giving them free money as I am not covered under my policy for Illness.

Loan Protection: Government approved scamming

I paid for loan protection for 6 years and despite believing I would never have to make a claim, that changed when I became too ill to work and was eventually 'let go' from my position. I never once missed a payment on either the loan or the loan protection. Regardless, my claim was refused on the grounds that I had managed to secure a single shift in 3 months to help me get by.

Loan protection is a scam.

Johnny
JohnnySouth Australia

Really, really bad.

julianHobart, TAS

inadequte protection

i have bben injured and unable to work as a nurse since april 2014,it took 90 days to get any income from cominsure and centrelink no one would help its vital that people get help earlier.also i still have to attend a doctor to fill in a claim form every month even though they know i have numerous conditions and have had surgery to replace my knees that was problematic and is now the main reason i cannot work again .centrelink agreed i am disabled permanately now but the forms keep coming and i am paying a premium for loan protection but getting no protection don,t understand that one.just a foot note i have a sub form of ms ms and motor nurone is not recognised as causes of death so none is covered .

julian

read the fine print it will save you a lot of money and grief remember ms and motor neurone is not a cause of death in cba eyes. oh and i am still paying for a policy that ran out after 12 month loan protection

Daniel
DanielPerth, WA

CommInsure are homophobic and send endless irrelevant "questionnaires". Canceled my application.

Terrible company

ok to take monthly payments but when you claim it takes months to come back in 5 months to say you didn't fill out original application correctly and insist on a home interview.
I would never go near them again.

grace
graceasked

How can I claim the loan protection insurance please?

george
george

for a quicker & more accurate response you will have to contact the bank direct they dont monitor this site

4woolies
4wooliesasked

To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Christine Kennedy and I've had an income protection policy with u for several yrs. Due to a work place accident I've been unable to work since last November. My inquiry is about applying for a claim on my policy to help me financially. Could u please advise if I am eligible for a claim at this time. I'm sorry where I am at present I don't have my policy number available.

steve64
steve64

Hi Christine I'm not an employee of CommInsure sorry, just a would have been customer.

bam bam
bam bam

you will have to contact the bank direct they do not monitor this site

Accounting 101asked

When is income generated?
I receive monthly fees as well as a fee on completion of a professional advisory service provided. The completion fee is payable upon the execution of the contract. My business accrues the income from an accounting perspective on the issue of the invoice. The taxation of the invoice is a separate matter and depends on if you lodge on a cash or accrual basis. The taxation returns do not measure income generated, but rather measure taxable income.
CommInsure argue unequivocally that income is not generated until payment has been made for those services. This is despite an indisputable legal obligation arising from the execution of the contract and issue of the invoice (which was paid in the next financial year). Their monthly claim form also states that if you are self employed that you must provide details "..the gross income before tax & GST that has or will be invoiced by your business for work performed during the claim period"
So what is it?

Accounting 101

Definitely income is generated when the services are provided from personal exertion