Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Credit / Debit Card Insurances, Comprehensive, Essentials, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (2) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No
Mark I.

Mark I.Sydney, NSW

I'm impressed by how smooth the handling of my claim was!

I lost my $2000 phone whilst travelling, and when I came back I made a claim. Although the police report was in another language, and the ink was very light among other details that insurances might argue about, still my claim was approved without any questions or arguments in the predefined timeframe, despite being in the middle of the coronavirus crises. I think I'm going to stick with them for good.

DestinationSouth America
Insurance Cover ForAdult
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Honoured 100% of my claim without debate

While others have criticised this insurance, I only have high praise. I travel frequently and always read the PDS carefully whenever I purchase insurance. This time I took the free travel insurance as it offered everything we needed. When my father sadly died requiring a sudden return from our trip the call centre staff were sympathetic and helpful. Yes you have to book and pay your own way home, but I expected that, and yes the claim form is a little arduous to complete, but they did not dispute any of my expenses and paid promptly once the death certificate was provided. If you read the PDS and it has what you need then I highly recommend this travel insurance.

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateOctober 2019
Erskie

ErskieBrisbane

Thankful for them..

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateJuly 2019
Travel Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance reviews

Viktor Supranowicz

Viktor Supranowiczasked

Travel Insurance

To activate our overseas travel insurance on our Platinum Credit Card do we have to pay for the trip with this card please?

Kate R

Kate Rasked

Travel Insurance

We paid a deposit of $8000 (50% of cost of tour). This was for a 20-day tour of Russia and the Scandinavian countries commencing on 22 July 2020.
We have a Diamond Awards credit card which we use for all our travel insurance.
Because of the Coronavirus we will not be undertaking this trip this year.
Please advise if we are entitled to claim refund of deposit.

terrym

terrymasked

are flights covered

Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and Contents
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 100 years old100 years old100 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$50,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,500$1,500$1,500Unlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000$5,000$5,000$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$100 per 24 hours up to $10,000$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$50 per day up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$7,500$7,500$7,500 (up to $750 per week for a maximum period of 3 months)$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$750
Credit Card Fraud$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Travel Documents / Passport $500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000$5,000$3,000$500
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$15,000$5,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $2,250$2,250$2,250$6,000 plus up to an additional $3,500 as an optional extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccOptional cover for unlimited engine capacities
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance