Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance (page 2 of 3)

Credit / Debit Card Insurances, Comprehensive, Essentials, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (1), 1-2 weeks (3), 2-4 weeks (3), 1-2 months (1) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (7)
Jeff

JeffMelbourne

Surprised

We needed to make a claim as a result of a kidney stone attack in Japan with my partner, we had had a previous attack in August 2017 and I was worried it could be considered as pre existing, but to our surprise it was fully paid. Was very happy

jezzamo

jezzamoBrisbane

Worst travel insurance ever!! Do not use

These guys claim you get travel insurance as part of your Credit Card. It's all a big con.. I had heard of insurance companies that find any excuse or clause not to pay you but hadn't experienced it until now. Both claims we had for flight delays and medical were declined for some random fineprint clauses they make up so they don't have to pay you.
Do NOT ever use these guys or assume your credit card insurance will cover you.

Deb

DebCanberra

over 1 year to get my claim

Travel Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Joh Snow

Joh SnowSydney

Cover for Electronics lost while snowboarding

I have managed to lose backpack with my electronics gear in (phone, camera... etc) while snowboarding. I have made a call while overseas and started a claim. When I got back to Australia, I Have received the email with an online claim, where I had to add description and photos/receipts etc to support claim. Claim was approved within 10 working days period and paid out minus the excess. Everything went smooth and easy and the online claim, as well as being updated via the phone. Thanks CBA/Allianz.

Joe M

Joe MPerth

The initial contact with CBA travel insurance, was scant on detail of what they required for the cla

The policy was good value and was comprehensive. It was easily set up and verification documentation was prompt. The initial issue was the generic information sheet which was difficult to relate to my claim.
Once some specific requirements were advised the process improved to a suitable outcome.

Gus

GusMarsfield

Ineffective Support

After my wife had an accident that required urgent surgery, you guys wanted to fly us back when she was in no conditions for that. After finally agreeing to pay for the surgery, the hospital requested the payment of an initial fee which you denied. I end up having to pay for the surgery myself, over 10 grand, and only then I was reimbursed when back in Australia. After the accident I was in a period of much distress and although your team kept in touch I was disgusted with your attitude to want to fly us back to Australia and not pay for the surgery on the spot in that critical moment which we needed your support.

Took 3 months for medical reimbursement

Insurance claim madeYes

Don’t bother it’s not real insurance

Surely you would have thought by having a diamond MasterCard that you would get premium travel insurance...wrong, our flight was delayed by 10hrs which allso meant we lost our pre booked first nights accommodation. Made a claim and guess what.. wasn’t insured because they don’t cover delayed flights due to mechanical issues. Hahaha what a joke!!

BrianW51

BrianW51SA, 5159

Looks good on the surface but watch out for the detail

Marty D

Marty DWarrnambool

Exceptional Free Product

I must make a delayed review regarding CBA/Allianze Travel Insurance to help balance the register of negative comments. We travelled to Italy last year - April/May. While away I had a health episode requiring medical attention forcing cancellation of prebooked activities and trips. Upon contacting the insurers to make a claim, I was amazed at the helpful supportive and timely manner in which my needs were met. All moneys were refunded without hesitation. I absolutely recommend this product!

LEE

LEEsuffolk park

DEBACLE - THIS IS A RORT! SHAME ON COMM BANK

CBA Travel Insurance - Stay away

They are the only bank that require you to go out of your way to activate your insurance. Activation is not automatically done by purchasing airline tickets; so many people are caught out. It’s basically not worth the paper it’s written on.

Tam

TamPerth

Excellent Travel Insurance CBA/Allianze

Had to cancel our holiday booking and flights at short notice due to a medical emergency and once we had provided the information requiested by the insurer CBA/Allianze Travel Insurance, they managed the claim in a very professional and timely manner.

Very satisfied customer.

Insurance claim madeYes

I wish i read these reviews before I used this "free" insurance policy

Not free at all

Definitely not good value have used a number of times, but when you try to claim good luck. Have been dealing with CBA for decades but seriously thinking of moving, did not even have the courtesy to answer an email

George V

George VMelbourne

I had a great experience with them

Insurance claim madeYes

Don't bother the free insurance. Extremely difficult to make any claim

Before you make a claim alliance they think you are making a false claim. One missing proof of evident is deem rejected and some proof can never be obtained. It just a scam

We were misled

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance reviews

Viktor Supranowicz

Viktor Supranowiczasked

Travel Insurance

To activate our overseas travel insurance on our Platinum Credit Card do we have to pay for the trip with this card please?

Kate R

Kate Rasked

Travel Insurance

We paid a deposit of $8000 (50% of cost of tour). This was for a 20-day tour of Russia and the Scandinavian countries commencing on 22 July 2020.
We have a Diamond Awards credit card which we use for all our travel insurance.
Because of the Coronavirus we will not be undertaking this trip this year.
Please advise if we are entitled to claim refund of deposit.

terrym

terrymasked

are flights covered

Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and Contents
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 100 years old100 years old100 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$50,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,500$1,500$1,500Unlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000$5,000$5,000$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$100 per 24 hours up to $10,000$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$50 per day up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$7,500$7,500$7,500 (up to $750 per week for a maximum period of 3 months)$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$750
Credit Card Fraud$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Travel Documents / Passport $500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000$5,000$3,000$500
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$15,000$5,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $2,250$2,250$2,250$6,000 plus up to an additional $3,500 as an optional extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccOptional cover for unlimited engine capacities
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance