Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance

Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance (page 3 of 3)

Credit / Debit Card Insurances, Comprehensive, Essentials, etc...

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (1), 1-2 weeks (3), 2-4 weeks (3), 1-2 months (1) and 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (7)

Read the Commbank Travel insurance on this company

Received my new CBA card which included item on travel insurance, as I am traveling a lot thought I would look at it. Well to my surprise it had a one star rating from EVERYONE that had made a claim. They mainly blamed the underwriter who are Allianz so I looked at this site and its all 4 & 5 star ratings. fun thing these people had not tried to claim. go figure.

Insurance claim madeNo
thommo

thommoMelbourne

Comm bank travel insurance 10 months of nasty people

Jetsetter

Jetsetter

DISGRACEFUL!!!!.......WARNING..........JUST STAY AWAY!!

Travel Insurance

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

vijaySydney, NSW

Insurance claim

Hi!

The complementary insurance issues by Com Bank with Allianz does not carry any value and if something goes wrong with the travel, they just keep on asking the same questions and paper work again and again as I had put in the claim on 21st of December 2016 and three months on I am still chasing them for answers. After sending reminder on the 10th of March they informed me that they will get back to me by 17th of March and have not received any communication so far regarding the claim and had to send another reminder today.

Paulsydney15

Paulsydney15Sydney, NSW

CBA Complimentary Travel Insurance with Allianz

Poor customer service for starters! These guys have no people skills and seem to work like robots.
I have activated my insurance through the Comm Bank website over a month ago only to find them rude, inexperience, inflexible and unwilling to help with changes and this is prior to me going on the trip! This is the second time I have had issues with CBA-Allianz Complimentary Insurance. CBA who are normally good to deal with, are making themselves look bad having Allianz as their insurance provider.

vijaySydney, NSW

Insurance claim

Mags

MagsBrisbane

Insurance HA! who are they kidding? Stay away.

Tony E

Buyer Beware

Insurance claim madeNo
Sam

Sam

CBA Credit Card Travel Insurance - DO NOT TAKE IT!

marz

marzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Steer clear of CBA credit card travel insurance

We have used the complimentary travel insurance for over 10 years and have made claims which were well handled (Zurich). The Bank changed their insurance provider to Allianz who have just refused a claim, much to our surprise.
I always read insurance policies carefully but in the change major exclusions came into play. In my case no claim can be made for anything associated with mental health. So when my son suddenly had a problem (after I had booked my trip) I can receive no coverage. When I tried to complain to the bank they put me through to "Commonwealth Travel claims Manager" who was an Allianz employee, not a bank employee.

12 months earlier the insurance covered mental health issues.

Stay clear of CBA.

Terrible

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance reviews

Viktor Supranowicz

Viktor Supranowiczasked

Travel Insurance

To activate our overseas travel insurance on our Platinum Credit Card do we have to pay for the trip with this card please?

Kate R

Kate Rasked

Travel Insurance

We paid a deposit of $8000 (50% of cost of tour). This was for a 20-day tour of Russia and the Scandinavian countries commencing on 22 July 2020.
We have a Diamond Awards credit card which we use for all our travel insurance.
Because of the Coronavirus we will not be undertaking this trip this year.
Please advise if we are entitled to claim refund of deposit.

terrym

terrymasked

are flights covered

Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and ContentsCar and Home and Contents
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 100 years old100 years old100 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$50,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$1,500$1,500$1,500Unlimited
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000$5,000$5,000$3,000
Hospital Cash Allowance$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$100 per 24 hours up to $10,000$75 per 24 hours up to $7,500$50 per day up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$7,500$7,500$7,500 (up to $750 per week for a maximum period of 3 months)$10,400
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Travel Documents cover)$250
Delayed Luggage $500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$750
Credit Card Fraud$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Travel Documents and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Travel Documents / Passport $500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$500 (combined with Credit Card and Theft of Cash cover)$10,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000$5,000$3,000$500
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$15,000$5,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000A$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $2,250$2,250$2,250$6,000 plus up to an additional $3,500 as an optional extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional between 51cc and 250ccOptional cover for unlimited engine capacities
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Adventure Optional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 9 Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance