Commodore Homes Questions & Answers

18 questions from our users

Dimuasked

Thinking of building with Commodore Homes. We saw an amazing 'Full package' inclusive of flooring, internal paint, AC and blinds. Went to see a display home, but it has got many upgrades. Wonder if we get to see what are the inclusions (esp. flooring, sinks etc.) in the standard full package before we sign the contract.

Yokine
Yokine

Hi Dimu they have an showroom at BGC housing group in Osborne park where you can view inclusions to your package. Alternatively you can view tiling , carpets and window treatments directly from the suppliers. Tiling they use Crosby tiles and imported ceramics. Carpets - Trevors carpets and window treatments- ABC blinds. I was impressed with the tiling and carpets which was included in the package. I did upgrade window treatments but that’s a personal thing when decorating your home.

Dimu

Yokine, That's helpful. Thanks! I will request a visit to their showroom before contrat signing. Are you currently building with them?

Kaylar B.Commodore Homes

Hi Dimu,

I will send you a private message.

Sara Hassan

Sara Hassanasked

Hope that you can help.
Do you have any contacts for customer's complains and problems?
As we do not want to leave any bad reviews or negative feedbacks before discussing it with the management.

Alicia
Alicia

Hi Sara
Sorry I don't have any contacts for customer complaints or problems.
Depends on the problem should discuss with your site supervisor and the admin person.
Sorry I can't help any much.

Rickasked

Hi, just wondering is there any difference between Go Homes or commodore Homes ? Both of them are part of BGC company, also located in same building. TIA.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your question!
We offer unique housing solutions that appeal to a different demographic than GO Homes. This is because we have different home designs, specifications, price lists and inclusions.
We hope this helps answer your question.
Thanks,
- Commodore Homes Team

Rick

Thanks for reply back, just wondering which one is best one for quality wise ? TIA.

Admin T.Commodore Homes

Hi Rick, the quality of our homes are exactly the same – whether you purchase your dream home through GO Homes or Commodore Homes, and BGC Residential is dedicated to providing the highest level of quality inside and out. – it all comes down to the specification e.g upgraded items etc and the price point.
Thanks,
- Commodore Homes Team

Single mum

Single mumasked

I received an email with my written report named ‘ Single mum’ to show that it’s been published. I’ve also bee promised if I write a review I’ll be receiving a Westfield gift voucher. I just need to know when my voucher will arrive? Thank you.

Hi Inge,
We have posted your voucher out now and it should arrive very soon.
Please us know if you don't received it by the end of next week.

Charlotte W

Charlotte Wasked

Hope you can help us. We bought a modular home (model Astro3A177A7,size 28x56 )on Aug 18,2017 in Biddeford, Maine. It is in Granite Estates, a 55 plus community. Our Commodore agent is [name removed]. We have some issues and have asked several times if he would take care of them and he has told us that he has contacted Commodore homes as the issues may be in the construction. We are trying to find out if in fact anyone at Commodore knows about this. We would like to get this settled soon, as we have been waiting since August to have them resolved. If [name removed] is representing your company, he is not doing a good job. Several other families at Granite Estates are upset also. We are told that things will be addressed and than we do not hear from him again. We would appreciate a reply .
Sincerely,
Charlotte Warner & Lee Krapovicky

Hi Charlotte,
Thank you for your question. We're happy to follow this up with construction on your behalf.
Please send an email to productreview@bgcresidential.com explaining the correspondence to date and the problems you are having.
Thank you.

Mojy

Mojyasked

Hi everyone,

I noticed that most of the questions here are a year old at least. I wanted to know how reliable Commodore homes are in regards to their construction deadlines and also what quality material they use?

I'd appreciate some detailed answers if anyone could put in the time.

Kind regards,
Mojy

Tania T
Tania T

I can not fault the communication and construction time we had when we built our home with commodore. We started our journey last year in October, had Prestart in December and our build time was to be finished August, but we had early completion and got keys in July, that was a bonus!! Would have no problems recommending commodore homes, and we had the best site supervisor Ray, good luck with your decision.

Simmo

Simmoasked

Is it normal for the soakwell to be in the middle of the garage and look absolutely horrible and dirty? (Building with commodore homes)

Wan Lee

I have requested to move it out from my house during the 2nd meeting. By the way, where are you building?

Peter
Peter

I have never seen this before and would not accept this - if it ever needed maintenance then it would be an absolute hassle.

Hi Simmo,
We're more than happy to query this with the Construction Team on your behalf. Can we please grab your job number so we can look into this further?
Thank you!

Mike

Mikeasked

We have lost electrical power to half of our commodore Brookwood home. Our electrician does not know where the 2 halves of the house
Are connected at . He wants to check the connection there. Could you tell us where to look for that?

Hi Mike,
Thank you for contacting us about this. Could you please provide your job number in a personal message so we can look into this for you?

Wan Leeasked

Hi commodore Home, do you guys always list something is included in addenda and remove it during the prestart meeting without giving a good explanation?

Hi Wan Lee,
Commodore Homes always follows the best practice and this is definitely not something that we do. However, if you have experienced any issues we would like to look into this further for you. If you could please send your job number and more information to productreview@bgcresidential.com we will follow this up for you.

Wan Lee

Hi, when we want to build our house last year, we met up with commodore sales person and she referred us a house design of our neighbor who has the same corner block and block size with us. She offered us the same inclusions and also same price if we pick the same floor design with neighbor and we accepted that. Therefore, we we had the same house design, outdoor space and also block size with our neighbor.
The solar hot water unit was originally included in my addenda. During the prestart, the consultant said that it is not standard which make us thought that it is not one of the inclusions. We have emailed her afterward to double make sure before we signed the amended addenda. Then, her reply was that solar HWU is not fit for us without given the clarification. That time, we thought that might be similar case for our neighbor that they was not given with Solar HWU by Commodore Home since the prestart consultant has mentioned that it is not standard.
Recently, we go visit our house and passby the neighbour house. We find out that solar panel for HWU was installed for them. I was feeling disappointed and angry that why Commodore Home didn't clarify to us that Solar HWU was standard during prestart and said we only have one option. I am now trying to contact with commodore Home and they said that the Solar HWU cannot be installed due to the size of the window.
I had email to productreview@bgcresidential.com this monday and still haven't heard back from them. I will resend an email with our Job Number and hope to get your reply as soon as possible. if possible, I want to stick to my original option which what is the Solar Hot water Unit.
Thanks.

Hi Commodore Home, I am wondering if you guys have received my email? Thanks
By the way, I remember that my sales consultant told me that solar hot water unit is included for my house. If the reason of unfit is caused by drafting, I would be questioning about the reason why my sales consultant change my house design to unfit for that.

AnLasked

Hi Commodore Home, I am planning to build a house with you in South part of Perth but I am worrying due to the bad reviews of commodore home. The sale person told me that if there is a delay in building (more than 6 months), BGC will pay us 300 aus dollar a week which I was not really trust about that. Could you tell me that the info i received from the builder is correct or not? and also, why so many people complain about the quality of the house built by Commodore?

Daniel and Erika
Daniel and Erika

I'm unable to answer the question about "trust" as it was not something that arose during our build, that is, our build was timely and efficient. I would encourage you to have this point about payment for delays written into your contract if you're unsure about whether or not you can trust Commodore. As noted in our review, our build was a smooth process with only minor glitches that were rectified immediately after our request. I cannot speak to the essence of the other reviews on the site.

Lee
Lee

In my case, I think management of commodore was very poor for me. Supervisor was replaced 2 times during construction. Handover was not done proferly so major delay happened. Most trady they used was cheap and low quality people so was my home. They dont let you do prestart seletion before title come out so I lost 3 month again. Also lots of delay on every stage brick, roof, kitchen. It took total 20 months for my home with lots of complaint and push about delay. And their reponse on complaint was not very good either. So I lost time and money on delay and got low quality home and very stressed. Now it is been 6 month they dont fix the draining problem in shower. So floor is wet all the time and very slippery.

AnL

Hi Thanks for your answer (Daniel and Erika and also Lee). Where are you guys building your new house? I heard that building quality is depend on the site supervisor. If Commodore Home have put a irresponsible site supervisor in your area, the quality of the house will be poor.
Lee: Do they pay you for the delay?

Amiasked

Why Commodore homes Sales man gave us misleading info regarding the build time, he said it will only take 6 months for Construction?

Walks14
Walks14

The salesmen informed my husband that we would be moved in within 12 months of signing, this was in 2013 and we are still waiting, cannot get an actual confirmed finish date but it certainly won't be this year. their salesmen Are just as full of sh!t as the rest of the team at commodore homes.

Ami

I am in same boat, each stage of my building took four months and only brick stage SIX month to complete that's a joke and we are also still waiting for the keys , they don't care how their suffering financially, this company should be shut down.

Stevica Petrovic
Stevica Petrovic

They handed me over an UNFINISHED house just before Christmas...Commodore Homes is not only incompetent but downright unethical and their business practices embarassing and deceitful, customer service non-existant.

Amiasked

Why construction only taking more than one year still not finish WHY?

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Simple answer is...they just can't be bothered. They'll finish it when they finish it.

Ami

I think you are totally right.

Dylan28

Dylan28asked

I am thinking of building with Commodore homes, but it is very worrying to see so many bad reviews. Does anyone have any advice, warnings or positive comments? How bad is bad?

Sue M.Commodore Homes

Hi Dylan, thank you for your enquiry. We did experience delays during the height of the boom within administration and construction.
There has been an industry wide shortages of bricklayers and land title delays so understandably clients that had excessive wait times
were disgruntled.

I can assure you existing time frames in our administration system are very good and we have a written guarantee to support that.

Commodore build many hundreds of homes a year, and unfortunately people that are not happy seem to be more motivated
to post reviews on social media, rather than clients that are happy with their new home.

If you would like to discuss further, I am more than happy to have a chat, you can call me on 9261 1866. Thank You Sue Marshall

I

In my opion AVOID THEM!!

Khushnaz Gill
Khushnaz Gill

Hi Dylan

If you can send me your E-mail address I can send you all the pics and E-mails send to them.
We were two houses together but
Both have got very hard time with this builder.
Delays and mainly for me it's poor quality of work.
I mean we are giving them our hard money and they give us poor quality and makes us fool in all issues.
I hired an inspector and got the report yesterday and the inspector picked up 91 mistakes .
I have told them that you have 10 working days to rectify otherwise I will hire the inspector again no matter it will cost me but I don't have any faith in this builder .
I have also posted some pics of poor quality weeks ago on the master builder's Facebook page.
Not at all happy with them.

insaniacasked

Why is Commodore Homes taking 18 months to get to the brick stage and then only having bricklayer 1 day per week? If you doubt what i say take a drive past 86 Kandimak Boulevard Byford. The builder never gets back to you and doesnt care at all. I challenge Commodore (BGC) to prove me wrong, at the rate they are building it will be over two years to build a house. I guarantee no onw from the builder will follow this up.

W&M
W&M

We built our house in the southwest

S Brar
S Brar

BGC group is so big with different sort of businesses, so they don't care whats happening at down level. They are busy with their big commercial investments. They don't give a shit to anyone who complains about the delays or rude staff. They don't care much about the small residential customers.
Talking about the delays , its everywhere around Perth where ever this Company is building houses because they don't have enough brick layers and some other trades people.
The BGC staff can't understand the pain and stress we go through with these sort of long delays and not giving any final date for handing over the keys .

dissapointed
dissapointed

Agreed maybe different in Southwest but metro be prepared for a 2 year wait to bring your home to completion. My daughter signed two months before us she has been in the house since beginning of february, that was a none BGC bulder. Disgusting Commodore Homes

Still waiting

Still waitingasked

Commodore homes

How come you don't reply to any of your customers or potential customers questions on Product Review ? Nor a response to any of the reviews ? Very curious.

Shep

I'm not Commodore homes. I'm a customer of theirs. Not a happy customer either and I have replied to any questions I have received such as yours.

Janet

Janetasked

I just met your sales representative today. He is very professional and pleasant to talk to about what we want to build our investment houses. Since reading those reviews that worried me a lot. Why your company has so many those bad reviews?

Shep

Sales Rep is great. I thought they were very professional and helpful but he assured me we would be in our new home within 12 months and here we are 19 months later and the roof isn't even on the building. The sales reps job is just to get you to sign up and then the trouble starts when the planning starts and you wait and wait for anything to get done. Try Content Living instead.

insaniac

Anyone that says Commodore is great would have to work for the company, selling and signing is one thing delivering product in a timely manner is another, buyer beware of false promises by reps that just want their commission then hang the customer out to dry.....,.

Peter Grizzly

Peter Grizzlyasked

Good afternoon Commodore Homes. I have been told that your company takes 5 weeks to do a pre start meeting.
I have also been told by other people that it is a one day process and not 5 weeks or 35 days. Would appreciate your reply to satisfy my self?

Bonneville
Bonneville

Our pre-start meeting was 3 weeks after we submitted everything needed. It started at 9am and we were finished at 1pm.

Baddogjay
Baddogjay

We had our pre start pack end of nov and sent all our choices back by 11th dec, our pre start meeting wasn't until the end of jan. so nearly 7 weeks. Then slab in April and noting else yet

JimmyP
JimmyP

I am building with national (BGC) and I have been reading all the reviews on this site, all I can say is what a lot of whingers we have in perth! if you count Pre start pack, time to fill out and return it, time to get to meeting, meeting time, plan adjustments and variation then 5 weeks is nothing, most of the people crying probably took 6 weeks to fill out their pre start forms with 100% of the items outside of the builders range and then when it took 2 weeks to go to meeting and 2 weeks for docs returned with a variation cost they were shocked.......
myself, I took 3 days to do the pre start pack, 2 weeks for meeting then 1 week to do the variations and I knew what was included and not included because I read the contracts I sign, perfect 10/10 experience

Ashley B  M

Ashley B Masked

We are having problems with Commodore. We have only paid our $3000 deposit and still no word on when we will be able to go to pre start they are saying January at the earliest. The customer service has been terrible so far and we are looking at pulling out. Has anyone else tried to pull out?

Avon Lee
Avon Lee

If you pull out before the contracts and the drawings are prepared, you should get a full refund, if you do that after they are prepared, they are entitled to deduct some costs from your deposit. You are not bound by any contract until you sign the HIA contract, so you can pull out anytime until then ( with consequences as noted above)

JAMES BULLEN
JAMES BULLEN

agree with avon

Ashley B  M
Ashley B M

We did end up pulling out but lost $3000. Well worth it big loss but they weren't willing to help us out when they stuffed our house plans up. Definitely never ever go with this company.

Get an answer from our members and Commodore Homes representatives