Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Wetwork65
Wetwork65Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Does what it is meant to.

Have used this card for many years and it just works. I have had to get a chargeback done once, due to problems with a dishonest business and it almost worked properly. Qantas points have been halved in last couple of years and interest rates still very high.

J and T Smith
J and T SmithSouth West, WA

Easy to use, with great awards system!

I have had a Commonwealth Bank Awards Credit Card for over 6 years. It has been very easy to use within Australia and also overseas. I have used it multiple times overseas and never had any issues. Very easy to see your available balance and make payments to the card via netbank and online banking. I mostly used the cash bank for my awards from the card, which I really liked that I could use it towards the purchases made on the card. It was easy to redeem points, as each purchase earns you points. Redeeming the points was always a fast and easy process to follow. The yearly fees on the card werent bad compared to what other banks are offering. Would highly recommend this product.

Heather
HeatherPerth, WA

35 years with my CBA Credit Card :o)

No problems using my credit card in Indonesia or New Zealand :o)
Very easy to transfer money into this credit card from my other accounts
Good reward system - I love the petrol/fuel cards!

September 4th 2019 Update: Worry-free Transactions with my Commonwealth Bank MasterCard

I've banked with the Commonwealth for 40 years!! I highly recommend their MasterCard credit card as this Bank take honesty and security seriously. They are right up there with their services on fraud and illegal users gaining access and have helped me out on several occasions when my card has been accessed - which was a godsend as it was them who contacted me within minutes of the transaction taking place. Thank you Commonwealth Bank credit card staff!!

Sue
SueTerrigal

Easy to use, great protection options.

have had this card for a few decades, the best bit is being able to control how it is used via netbank, i can turn tap on and off, i can disable international payments in store and online, if anything looks fishy they call me up to ask, I pay the whole balance off every month so don't have interest charges, overall happy with the service.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

amsam_16
amsam_16Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worth it

I am glad I obtained this. This bank provides the best customer service. It's easy to do transfers, provides benefits such as no interest on purchase and annual fee waive off. I will continue to use this product.

Tyrone
Tyrone

Very good bank card

The only bank I'd use as customer service is really good and available for 24 hours. Rewards points aren't the best and I wish it could be better, transaction may sometimes sit at the pending section for a couple days before its cleared

S San
S San

Easy to use

Easy to apply, only took less than a week to complete the application. It also can be used when you travelling overseas, but be aware of the administration fees and currency rates.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Zuwei C
Zuwei CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good service!

very very easy to use especially with the phone app which tells you exactly what you bought and when from notifications. The customer support is also very professional when it came to fixing problems.

Duong N.
Duong N.

RELIABLE!

No issue with the card itself. Easy to transfer and check balance. CommBank always update their software and banking apps so it is secure and ready to go. More rewards would be good.

Bruce H.
Bruce H.

Reliable

I have used it in several other countries, and found it accepted with no issues. The rewards are satisfactory and we use the gold card for overseas travel insurance, which has saved us a lot of money, when compared to most other travel insurance options. Redeeming points is mostly done, but sometimes the product has taken a long time to be delivered.

Rates and Fees
Rewards

Hards84
Hards84Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good deal - for me

I have a Diamond Card which fortunately I do not have to pay for (free through an affinity program). The travel insurance feature is excellent and provides significant savings. The rewards feature is satisfactory as we use our cards a lot. I now take my rewards as gift cards for supermarkets. Again I extract good value from this card feature. The big negative is the foreign transaction fee on credit card transactions overseas so I have a secondary card from another bank which I use overseas to avoid these foreign transactions fees. I have always had good service when problems arise and would recommend this card if you can get a deal to avoid annual fees.

Kym
KymSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

I've been using CBA for several years and haven't has any problems. Have used card when travelling overseas without issue. The rewards side of things is not that great but good to receive something for nothing. Easy to redeem points.

Barb
BarbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't fault

Have been very pleased with this card have had no trouble overseas the card has always worked with no hiccups my husband and I would recommend this card. We have never had any trouble wherever we have used it Thankyou

Bob
BobHunter Region, NSW

Have been with bank for years

Don’t use much mainly for online purchases and hotel bookings .Doesnt earn any points but have all my a/cs with this bank so find it easier to have it there

Fani
FaniFawkner

Low rate Excellent reliability

Quite happy with this card as it has very good reward program. I used in Europe and Asian trips and some of purchasing done on that never had any issue. Highly recommend based on my 10 year with this card.

Diego Palmisano
Diego PalmisanoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No much issues...

I am a credit card customer that pays the card every month on time so haven't had to interact with CBA much about the credit card. I like it because:
* Paying the credit card is automatic
* Resolution process is fast
* Netbank is a great as a tool as well as CommbankApp. I can track where my money is going and detect opportunities to save. Also, very simple to change limits and international usage using the app or online.
* I don't pay a cent to renew it as I have a mortgage with them.
* Just by using it I get $600 / year in rewards (spend around $7k per month)

CDH
CDHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great card if you just want "simple"

This is a great no frills card. I just needed a simple card to pay bills with. No over the top extras. It is what I will keep for now.

Angela
AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a credit card person

Melissa5555
Melissa5555Sydney, NSW

A go to Card when have a few bills to pay

Great credit card which has an annual fee of $59.00 but a low rate credit card. Convenience to temporary lock the card of you have lost it and in the process of searching for it.

Spurwing
SpurwingNortheast, VIC

Excellent card, low fees

The only card I use.
Card is well accepted overseas.
Transferring to this card was a simple process, can be done online.
There are many options in which to redeem your points, very easy to use points
The card allows you to earn reward points with every spend, points can be converted to Qantas frequent flyer points.

graham h
graham hGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic

Fantastic card to use took it over seas could use it at any atm great rewards and really Easy to accumulate points also very easy to transfer balances from one account to the other very happy with this card would recommend it to anyone cheers

Bruce Simpson
Bruce SimpsonCentral Queensland, QLD

The Best one for ALL my needs.

Transferring balances is simple. I recently was overseas on a 28 day holiday, visiting 11 Countries, I used my CBA Credit Card often with NO Problems. I am more than satisfied with ALL aspects of this Credit Card.

Duo
DuoSouth East Queensland, QLD

My one and only card used and needed in Australia

This is actually my only bank card in Australia. Straightforward to use and transfer between accounts. Rewards are of great value. Also can be used oversea, no cash needed anymore!

Carol Qld.
Carol Qld.South East Queensland, QLD

Use this Card for Every purchase i can

Perfect for my needs. I use it for EVER purchase & pay it each month so incur no interest. I use awards with Flight Centre so works well. I also use free travel insurance. Have never had to claim but have known others who have and have no problems with claim.

Seamus
SeamusIllawarra, NSW

expensive to operate

Hi,

What can I say, double the interest rates of my Westpac card, gives rewards so that is good, but definitely the bottom of the pack when you consider other offerings. Looking towards getting rid of it when I change my home loan over (in progress). If you can't pay it off in full when it becomes due please think again and look at what else might be available to you.

Positives works every time even OS