Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $10 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramCommBank Awards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Awards point per $1 spent using your Mastercard.

This is capped at 50,000 points per year.

You can opt to automatically transfer your Awards points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points. The conversion rate is 2.5 Awards points for 1 QFF point. Additional fees may apply.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

nothing special!

I find The awards program really isnt very exciting as you need to spend a fortune to get anything, I spent ALOT of money and for barely anything in return!!! The redemption process is simple once you finally work up enough points, but again, not worth the time! Not worth it, I feel theres a lot of better deals on the market!

Moh A.
Moh A.Sydney, NSW

Commonwealth credit card

You would pay Standard fees.
Easy to transfer balance to credit card
Rewards given by commonwealth credit card are minimum
Not very satisfied with rewards and points scheme.
Try getting offers from other banks

urqle
urqle

Terrible customer service

Redeemed a Coles and a Myer voucher for $250 each back in September. Received 2 cards with $0 on them. After calling their Awards Customer Service department, I was told that I would receive replacement cards quite quickly. Weeks and then months went by, and each time I called or emailed to chase up the status of the cards I was told they were coming and would be there by tomorrow.

After spending almost 3 months, 5 phone calls and 8 emails to their customer service department, I finally got my points returned.

Don't bother becoming an Awards member at the Commonwealth Bank, you are just a number to them and won't feel like the valued customer they want to portray.

Jackie_Mech
Jackie_Mech

Bad

CBA's credit card is a standard bank credit card. it's not so great compared to a number of other offers on the market.
Customer service
fees and charges

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 3724

Bad

I originally had the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard (issued by the CBA) and when that got phased out in OCT 06, I got onto this one.

I am not really a fan of this card. I am not really interested in the rewards that are on offer, none of the them really interest me at all. The "cash-back" option is the only one but I find it awkward and complicated to redeem.

I don't really use this card anymore, it just sits in my wallet doing nothing. I will probably cancel it in the next few months.
55 days interest-free...that's about it.
Rewards partners where you can redeem points are not that thrilling. High annual fee. High interest rate.

lgordon9
lgordon9VIC, 3196

Bad

This card replaces the "EZY Mastercard" where I could redeem points for cash vouchers so that I could purchase what "I wanted" at Woolworths stores. The "cash back" redemption is too complicated to understand, as it can't be use to pay your credit card debt, so what use is it? A point system that appears to deliver but is of little value to the "average" person
55 days interest free
Award point partners do not suit where I shop.Places to redeem my points is too limited and I don't fly on planes very often.