Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum
Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)
Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Jackie_Mech
Jackie_Mech

Bad

CBA's credit card is a standard bank credit card. it's not so great compared to a number of other offers on the market.
Customer service
fees and charges

pnasca
pnascaNSW, 2061

Good

Overall, a credit card is a credit card at the end of the day. I chose the Commonwealth Bank of Australia card as it’s internet site is state of the art and I can monitor all my accounts from the 1 website, it has a Secure Internet shopping site online, good reward program, 55 days interest free and CBA is has a good reputation for security.
Commonwealth bank has a very easy internet website and it is so user friendly and easy to access and view all transactions. The points program is excellent and it has a reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest free.
It does have higher interest rates than other cards, and I know that some other cards have a $0 annual fee.

muslaw
muslawQLD, 4171

Good

I've had this card for a few years now and made good money of the rewards program. the staff on the phone are australian in my experience which is a nice touch these days. they have a good variety of people to redeem with, and a great array of bonus partners that can be used. it can be connected to your netbank so that you can manage it with your bank account very easily.
Overall i've been very impresed.
excellent points program for what you pay.
reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest fee.
higher interest rate then my other cards. Not as much choose for redemtion as my other cards.

lillybell
lillybell

OK

fees were high after the interest free period so it worked out better to get a a gold card. the gold card offers alot more features, larger credit limit & easier to get rewards so i canceled this card and opted for visa gold card.
handy
fee's after intial free period

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

OK

It is useful to have a credit card as you don't have to carry cash in order to make purchases.
My rewards were paid to me in cash off the credit card recently instead of buying something I didn't really want.
Its easy to spend too much and not be able to pay it all every month.

JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 3724

Bad

I originally had the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard (issued by the CBA) and when that got phased out in OCT 06, I got onto this one.

I am not really a fan of this card. I am not really interested in the rewards that are on offer, none of the them really interest me at all. The "cash-back" option is the only one but I find it awkward and complicated to redeem.

I don't really use this card anymore, it just sits in my wallet doing nothing. I will probably cancel it in the next few months.
55 days interest-free...that's about it.
Rewards partners where you can redeem points are not that thrilling. High annual fee. High interest rate.

sarah1131
sarah1131Western Australia, 6027

Good

This is my first credit card and it was easy to get (easy approval, fast, easy access to internet banking). It's so much more useful then just carrying cash around, now you can just use it (fast & easy) to buy something.
55 days interest free, easy to be approved, nice layout, aesthetic, can easily access internet banking, good credit card limit and awards range, fast and easy approval, from a well known bank, reliable, cash back award.
Limited reward options to redeem your points, its hard to obtain the rewards and keep your credit to a minimum, sometimes the credit card limit is too low (just depends on who you are), the annual fee is too high.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Kryska
KryskaWA, 6065

Good

As a member of the Commonwealth bank I was offered one of these credit cards. There is no reasonable points scheme on any of the cards offered by the Commonwealth bank. The main thing that I do actually like about the Commonwealth bank credit card is that if you have a home loan with them, you can buy a package where you get lower rates on your home loan, and you get a lot of extra benefits with the credit card. If we get a home loan with them, I will definately be getting this credit card with the package because it is really good value for money.
fees
points

Alicia
Alicia

Terrible

I was approved for a 4000 credit limit while I was studying full time and working about 10 hours a week, being young and stupid I maxed it out within a few months and it took me years to pay off. I think there credit approval criteria should be more strict
Easy to be approved
Easy to be approved, Hi interest rates compared to other banks

clintj01
clintj01Queenshand, 4034

OK

Well the Commenwelth credit Card overall is pretty average. no real biggies in it but it's still not bad becasue well- iknow bad. If you don't know what credit card you want pick this one and then go searching for others because it is really hard to find the right credit card early on. so take my advice will ya
It's very limiting (which is good because i am a credit frak) but you can still buy the things you want.
The interest rate is a bit high and really puts a toll on ya $$$ so please please don't spend too much.

sylvanaerends
sylvanaerends

OK

I have had my ccard for about 5 years now, and the thing I like the best is the rewards program. However, I believe I am paying for this with the high interest rate ??? They even let you go over your limit by a little, if you have been a good customer! The customer service team is pretty good, but you have to get onto it fast if you want anything done.
Easy access to internet banking.
High interest rate

kerrygt
kerrygt

OK

It's an average card, pretty much on a par with National standard visa card,but without the Fly Buys advantage.
The interest free period is okay for these types of cards
Rewards are difficult to obtain if you try and and keep credit to a minimum.

mrsdutchy
mrsdutchyGooseberry Hill

OK

I did have the Woolworths Ezybanking Mastercard which was what this card replaced. I much prefered the Ezybanking card as the points could be redeemed as Woolworths vouchers to spend at any of their stores. Although our points mount up pretty quickly we're limited as to how we can redeem them. The goods aren't that great and I don't like the cash back idea as it doesn't feel like a reward. We always pay our account in full anyway so just having the cash put back onto the card as credit doesn't make any difference to us. We'd much prefer store vouchers.
55 day interest free and good rewards points.
Limited reward options to redeem the points.