Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum
Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)
Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Carol Qld.
Carol Qld.South East Queensland, QLD

Use this Card for Every purchase i can

Perfect for my needs. I use it for EVER purchase & pay it each month so incur no interest. I use awards with Flight Centre so works well. I also use free travel insurance. Have never had to claim but have known others who have and have no problems with claim.

Seamus
SeamusIllawarra, NSW

expensive to operate

Hi,

What can I say, double the interest rates of my Westpac card, gives rewards so that is good, but definitely the bottom of the pack when you consider other offerings. Looking towards getting rid of it when I change my home loan over (in progress). If you can't pay it off in full when it becomes due please think again and look at what else might be available to you.

Positives works every time even OS

USELESS CBA credit card Purchase Security Insurance!

Commonwealth Awards - Village gift cards

Just purchased a book of 6 village gift cards for my son for Christmas and they only last 6 months. Just crap, I would have thought to have an expiration date of at the very least 1 years worth. When I called them about it, they just didn’t care, nothing they could do about it.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Hotline 132221 - impossible to get through

On all occasions, been on hold for 20 minutes or more. Hang up in vain! and to top it off, online inquiry send me off to their phone hotline.

sam
sambrisbane

worst customer service

please be carful with commbank credit cards showed me different due date and minumum payment amount and the charged me 3 late payment fee.Rang to customer care to get refund and said they can only do one refund because of system .

There system is ripping you off.please be careful.

urqle
urqle

Terrible customer service

Redeemed a Coles and a Myer voucher for $250 each back in September. Received 2 cards with $0 on them. After calling their Awards Customer Service department, I was told that I would receive replacement cards quite quickly. Weeks and then months went by, and each time I called or emailed to chase up the status of the cards I was told they were coming and would be there by tomorrow.

After spending almost 3 months, 5 phone calls and 8 emails to their customer service department, I finally got my points returned.

Don't bother becoming an Awards member at the Commonwealth Bank, you are just a number to them and won't feel like the valued customer they want to portray.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer
Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020

CBA Matercard Diamond Awards fails basic levels of customer service and communication

TonyLaunceston, TAS

Great for earning back some cash from your spending but there is a limit.....

If you spend less than 25 grand a year on this card, it would be excellent, however, should you have larger spendings, say paying off something or buying something, then, upgrade to the gold or platinum card asap as this particular card will only give you 50000 points, ie. 25 grand spendings.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Most ridiculous credit card I had to deal with

Have applied for a reward card and an additional card as well (held an everyday account with commbank for 20 years), was told to go to the branch for identification, took 4 weeks to receive cards, then for an additional card pin they sent me back to the branch for identification (again) and pin set up. When contacted Commbank on the phone they said there is no master card account under my name. Cancelling account without even using it, can only imagine the hassle with the rewards and other.
Citibank, ANZ banks send cards in the mail within 7 days following by pin, don't know why Commbank makes it so difficult.

Bilbo
Bilbo

Rewards Program Downgrade

Once again CommBank is changing its rewards program to the detriment of its customers. The conversion rate for Qantas points is getting to the point it is not worth having.The Woolworths experience has taught them nothing.

Im cold
Im cold

They changed the rules - It must have been in the fine print!

They changed the rules and now I can't transfer my points balance to qantas, only new points.
The program and the bank are very disappointing.
The person I spoke to said I can use Flight Centre but I do not want to use Flight Centre, dealing with Qantas is much easier and less costly.
I have transferred points before and had no idea that the rules had changed.
It must have been in the fine print!
I will be transferring my credit cards and bank accounts to a bank that makes changes very clear to customers.
I have had accounts with the CBA for 45 years. This week that will cease.

tweettee
tweettee

Good

After taking the annual fee into consideration, this card delivers the best rewards program of nearly all credit cards as far as a return goes (my husband crunched all the numbers!)
Decent interest rate if you don't pay it off on time. Probably the best thing about the card is the rewards program. There is a number of really great awards and they accrue quite quickly. We use the card for everything and pay it off monthly so the rewards are completely free.
I wish you could get rewards for Coles Myer and not just David Jones. Card has an annual fee but most credit cards do these days.

willma
willma

Good

It is a good card with some good features. It will be even better if it has lower annual fee and interest rate.
Great awards system
Amex card makes topping up points easier
Interest free days
High interest rate
High annual fee &89 for non-qualified customer

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Overall, the card has give me much pleasure and convenience. I haven't had a chance to use the PayPass™ feature that my MasterCard comes with, but the basic features of a credit card are all you really need or even expect.

The card itself is sturdy. The magnetic strip is also scratch-proof, though in some grocery stores the card readers seem to have problem with this new design, but not older cards. No fees for students an added bonus.
Good rewards system, redeem points quickly through everyday shopping and use
takes a while to increase limits (no access online), to add additional card holders

Roronoa
RoronoaVictoria, 3106

onyak23
onyak23

Good

Its handy card to have specially for reward purpose. I really like more when they still linking with Ezy Woolworth. Because i got the woolies voucher automaticly when i have enough reward and the reward seem to accumulate faster because they have extra reward/bonus point for shopping at the Woolies group shop.
Now days we seem to accumulate the point bit slow to get.
Its great card to use anywhere, the reward system have plenty of choice to choose. Its reputable company. the card appearance quite simple
The $49 fee and i can not access my saving account with the card for withdrawing matter since they cancel the Ezy banking link.

Jackie_Mech
Jackie_Mech

Bad

CBA's credit card is a standard bank credit card. it's not so great compared to a number of other offers on the market.
Customer service
fees and charges

pnasca
pnascaNSW, 2061

Good

Overall, a credit card is a credit card at the end of the day. I chose the Commonwealth Bank of Australia card as it’s internet site is state of the art and I can monitor all my accounts from the 1 website, it has a Secure Internet shopping site online, good reward program, 55 days interest free and CBA is has a good reputation for security.
Commonwealth bank has a very easy internet website and it is so user friendly and easy to access and view all transactions. The points program is excellent and it has a reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest free.
It does have higher interest rates than other cards, and I know that some other cards have a $0 annual fee.

muslaw
muslawQLD, 4171

Good

I've had this card for a few years now and made good money of the rewards program. the staff on the phone are australian in my experience which is a nice touch these days. they have a good variety of people to redeem with, and a great array of bonus partners that can be used. it can be connected to your netbank so that you can manage it with your bank account very easily.
Overall i've been very impresed.
excellent points program for what you pay.
reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest fee.
higher interest rate then my other cards. Not as much choose for redemtion as my other cards.

JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 3724

Bad

I originally had the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard (issued by the CBA) and when that got phased out in OCT 06, I got onto this one.

I am not really a fan of this card. I am not really interested in the rewards that are on offer, none of the them really interest me at all. The "cash-back" option is the only one but I find it awkward and complicated to redeem.

I don't really use this card anymore, it just sits in my wallet doing nothing. I will probably cancel it in the next few months.
55 days interest-free...that's about it.
Rewards partners where you can redeem points are not that thrilling. High annual fee. High interest rate.

sarah1131
sarah1131Western Australia, 6027

Good

This is my first credit card and it was easy to get (easy approval, fast, easy access to internet banking). It's so much more useful then just carrying cash around, now you can just use it (fast & easy) to buy something.
55 days interest free, easy to be approved, nice layout, aesthetic, can easily access internet banking, good credit card limit and awards range, fast and easy approval, from a well known bank, reliable, cash back award.
Limited reward options to redeem your points, its hard to obtain the rewards and keep your credit to a minimum, sometimes the credit card limit is too low (just depends on who you are), the annual fee is too high.

Kryska
KryskaWA, 6065

Good

As a member of the Commonwealth bank I was offered one of these credit cards. There is no reasonable points scheme on any of the cards offered by the Commonwealth bank. The main thing that I do actually like about the Commonwealth bank credit card is that if you have a home loan with them, you can buy a package where you get lower rates on your home loan, and you get a lot of extra benefits with the credit card. If we get a home loan with them, I will definately be getting this credit card with the package because it is really good value for money.
fees
points

Alicia
Alicia

Terrible

I was approved for a 4000 credit limit while I was studying full time and working about 10 hours a week, being young and stupid I maxed it out within a few months and it took me years to pay off. I think there credit approval criteria should be more strict
Easy to be approved
Easy to be approved, Hi interest rates compared to other banks

lgordon9
lgordon9VIC, 3196

Bad

This card replaces the "EZY Mastercard" where I could redeem points for cash vouchers so that I could purchase what "I wanted" at Woolworths stores. The "cash back" redemption is too complicated to understand, as it can't be use to pay your credit card debt, so what use is it? A point system that appears to deliver but is of little value to the "average" person
55 days interest free
Award point partners do not suit where I shop.Places to redeem my points is too limited and I don't fly on planes very often.