Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $10 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramCommBank Awards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Awards point per $1 spent using your Mastercard.

This is capped at 50,000 points per year.

You can opt to automatically transfer your Awards points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points. The conversion rate is 2.5 Awards points for 1 QFF point. Additional fees may apply.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Channa
ChannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service

I ordered garden equipment using my award points. All items arrived except the leaf blower. When I inquired, to my surprise, i was told the item was delivered 10 days back to my address. As I did not get it, I asked for the acknowledgement for the delivery. I was then told due to the current epidemic deliveries are not acknowledged and I almost lost hope of getting it. However, the awards team within two days arranged the delivery and I received it yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the way they handled my case.

Sal
SalSydney, NSW

Great. Love the rewards program

Great card. Always pay by the die date, therefore no interest charges plus the benefit of rewards. Benefit of supplementary card for an additional $10 and only $59 annual fee

MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

nothing special!

I find The awards program really isnt very exciting as you need to spend a fortune to get anything, I spent ALOT of money and for barely anything in return!!! The redemption process is simple once you finally work up enough points, but again, not worth the time! Not worth it, I feel theres a lot of better deals on the market!

Dabas
DabasSydney, NSW

Decent Card

I have been using the CBA card since 2013. It's quick in transferring money to this credit card and the customer service is impeccable. Its a decent card to have .

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Moh A.
Moh A.Sydney, NSW

Commonwealth credit card

You would pay Standard fees.
Easy to transfer balance to credit card
Rewards given by commonwealth credit card are minimum
Not very satisfied with rewards and points scheme.
Try getting offers from other banks

Ivanna
IvannaPerth, WA

Fantastic Awards

Been with Commbank my whole life and would never change.
Based on my experience using Commonwealth Awards creditcard makes it easier. The cons would be the international fee charge which is quite high!
I find it relatively easy to transfer my balance to the creditcard. The app is super!
Satisfied with the costumer service (answered all my queries), conveniency with Commonwealth bank (branches nearby), getting rewarded for using it and claiming the awards made easy.
It is easy to accumulate points and simple to redeem them.

Ajay S.
Ajay S.Sydney, NSW

Reliable and instantaneous response when used

Works well in multiple scenarios such as for eftpos machines or vending machines using PayPass application of payment in addition to the standard swipe or insert and pin method of use.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Anne
Anne

Easy to use

I have been using this card for years and find it simple to use. The bank app makes it very convenient and it is easy to transfer money to the card and do your banking. I like the points, good way to treat yourself.

Eraj
ErajMelbourne

Great card from a great bank!

I've been banking with CBA for all of my financial life and my awards card has helped me reward myself with a range of different items! App is user friendly :)

Reliable services

Good bank with a lot of youth incentives that help you manage your money more efficeiny. As a result I am able to manage and finance my money now at an important age

StevenL
StevenLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No frills Basic Credit Card

Had this card for almost 10 years.
No frills and hasn't failed me once.
I use it for convenience so I pay up when the statement comes.
I once missed a payment because I didn't receive the statement but CBA was kind enough to waive the interest penalty and charges. I have used it overseas and the exchange rate is typical of Aussie Banks-lousy.
Plus there is a charge for using the card-so I don't use my CBA card overseas.
Like I say-this is a no frills card so no reward points.

Saurav S.
Saurav S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Accrue points for everyday usage

I simply use the Awards card for my everyday grocery to apparel shopping. The amount that I would have spent from my Debit card , I spend the same with my credit card and accrue points for the usage.

Its a pretty good card for me till now.

Mohamed H M Yoosuf
Mohamed H M YoosufGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A simple and beneficial CBA Awards MasterCard

I used this card with $5000 limit to pay all my bills and purchases. Initially a bonus reward of 30,000 points was given which I used to purchase $150 worth of Caltex fuel cards. Every month I have been given more reward points to purchase many gift cards. Annual fee also low and have a 55 days interest-free period.

Sandra R.
Sandra R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good card for Lots if Rewards

My Commonwealth Bank Rewards card is easy to use. I have had this card for many years. All you need to do is pay for anything every time you shop and watch your points accumulate on your card. These points are great for all sorts of rewards and are very handy when you want to redeem for different things. I particularly like to redeem supermarket vouchers like Coles and Woolies. These rewards are also handy for special occasions like Birthdays and Christmas. The supermarket vouchers are available straight away via e-gift cards. Other rewards such as electrical, outdoors and more generally take between 2-4 weeks to arrive depending on their availability and where they are coming from.

Maggie
MaggieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love CBA standard Visa

How good are CBA ... they send me a text three days before my payment is due reminding me to pay on time and if that is not enough I have been informed that they have waived the annual fee this year. No complaint from me. And I don't even have a CBA bank account.