Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum
Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)
Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Zuwei C
Zuwei CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

good service!

very very easy to use especially with the phone app which tells you exactly what you bought and when from notifications. The customer support is also very professional when it came to fixing problems.

Bruce H.
Bruce H.

Reliable

I have used it in several other countries, and found it accepted with no issues. The rewards are satisfactory and we use the gold card for overseas travel insurance, which has saved us a lot of money, when compared to most other travel insurance options. Redeeming points is mostly done, but sometimes the product has taken a long time to be delivered.

Rates and Fees
Rewards

Hards84
Hards84Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good deal - for me

I have a Diamond Card which fortunately I do not have to pay for (free through an affinity program). The travel insurance feature is excellent and provides significant savings. The rewards feature is satisfactory as we use our cards a lot. I now take my rewards as gift cards for supermarkets. Again I extract good value from this card feature. The big negative is the foreign transaction fee on credit card transactions overseas so I have a secondary card from another bank which I use overseas to avoid these foreign transactions fees. I have always had good service when problems arise and would recommend this card if you can get a deal to avoid annual fees.

Kym
KymSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

I've been using CBA for several years and haven't has any problems. Have used card when travelling overseas without issue. The rewards side of things is not that great but good to receive something for nothing. Easy to redeem points.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Barb
BarbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't fault

Have been very pleased with this card have had no trouble overseas the card has always worked with no hiccups my husband and I would recommend this card. We have never had any trouble wherever we have used it Thankyou

Fani
FaniFawkner

Low rate Excellent reliability

Quite happy with this card as it has very good reward program. I used in Europe and Asian trips and some of purchasing done on that never had any issue. Highly recommend based on my 10 year with this card.

Diego Palmisano
Diego PalmisanoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No much issues...

I am a credit card customer that pays the card every month on time so haven't had to interact with CBA much about the credit card. I like it because:
* Paying the credit card is automatic
* Resolution process is fast
* Netbank is a great as a tool as well as CommbankApp. I can track where my money is going and detect opportunities to save. Also, very simple to change limits and international usage using the app or online.
* I don't pay a cent to renew it as I have a mortgage with them.
* Just by using it I get $600 / year in rewards (spend around $7k per month)

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
CDH
CDHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great card if you just want "simple"

This is a great no frills card. I just needed a simple card to pay bills with. No over the top extras. It is what I will keep for now.

Angela
AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a credit card person

Melissa5555
Melissa5555Sydney, NSW

A go to Card when have a few bills to pay

Great credit card which has an annual fee of $59.00 but a low rate credit card. Convenience to temporary lock the card of you have lost it and in the process of searching for it.

Spurwing
SpurwingNortheast, VIC

Excellent card, low fees

The only card I use.
Card is well accepted overseas.
Transferring to this card was a simple process, can be done online.
There are many options in which to redeem your points, very easy to use points
The card allows you to earn reward points with every spend, points can be converted to Qantas frequent flyer points.

graham h
graham hGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic

Fantastic card to use took it over seas could use it at any atm great rewards and really Easy to accumulate points also very easy to transfer balances from one account to the other very happy with this card would recommend it to anyone cheers

Bruce Simpson
Bruce SimpsonCentral Queensland, QLD

The Best one for ALL my needs.

Transferring balances is simple. I recently was overseas on a 28 day holiday, visiting 11 Countries, I used my CBA Credit Card often with NO Problems. I am more than satisfied with ALL aspects of this Credit Card.

Duo
DuoSouth East Queensland, QLD

My one and only card used and needed in Australia

This is actually my only bank card in Australia. Straightforward to use and transfer between accounts. Rewards are of great value. Also can be used oversea, no cash needed anymore!

Carol Qld.
Carol Qld.South East Queensland, QLD

Use this Card for Every purchase i can

Perfect for my needs. I use it for EVER purchase & pay it each month so incur no interest. I use awards with Flight Centre so works well. I also use free travel insurance. Have never had to claim but have known others who have and have no problems with claim.

Kaiandace1
Kaiandace1North Queensland, QLD

Perfect for my family

Rewards that are offered are fabulous. Used over seas without any hassle at all. Just told them I was going so they didn’t block it. Easy to redeem ur points. Lots of items to choose from. Easy to see credit points

Grumpy
GrumpySydney, NSW

A great product easy to use

We have used the credit card for over 20 years
and in comparison to other cards we have enjoyed the benefits that it gives. It is aligned with other cards through netbank and it's makes it so easy to watch and top up

urqle
urqle

Terrible customer service

Redeemed a Coles and a Myer voucher for $250 each back in September. Received 2 cards with $0 on them. After calling their Awards Customer Service department, I was told that I would receive replacement cards quite quickly. Weeks and then months went by, and each time I called or emailed to chase up the status of the cards I was told they were coming and would be there by tomorrow.

After spending almost 3 months, 5 phone calls and 8 emails to their customer service department, I finally got my points returned.

Don't bother becoming an Awards member at the Commonwealth Bank, you are just a number to them and won't feel like the valued customer they want to portray.

TonyLaunceston, TAS

Great for earning back some cash from your spending but there is a limit.....

If you spend less than 25 grand a year on this card, it would be excellent, however, should you have larger spendings, say paying off something or buying something, then, upgrade to the gold or platinum card asap as this particular card will only give you 50000 points, ie. 25 grand spendings.

Pepolar
Pepolar

For purchases over $1,000.00 can ring CBA and request great rate of 0.99% for three months. This was the deciding feature for us, it enabled us to throw away GE card and save money. Award points add up quickly especially with American Express card. Staff at CBA are very nice and always helpful. Accidentally left my purse in supermarket on weekend. After the manager couldn't find my number, he rang the CBA, who in turn, contacted me on the Saturday. Couldn't be happier.
Great rate, Great rate and the Great rate.
Had to request not to be allowed to over draw the credit card, after the let us by 25%. This made very hard to repay in full to avoid interest.

tweettee
tweettee

Good

After taking the annual fee into consideration, this card delivers the best rewards program of nearly all credit cards as far as a return goes (my husband crunched all the numbers!)
Decent interest rate if you don't pay it off on time. Probably the best thing about the card is the rewards program. There is a number of really great awards and they accrue quite quickly. We use the card for everything and pay it off monthly so the rewards are completely free.
I wish you could get rewards for Coles Myer and not just David Jones. Card has an annual fee but most credit cards do these days.

willma
willma

Good

It is a good card with some good features. It will be even better if it has lower annual fee and interest rate.
Great awards system
Amex card makes topping up points easier
Interest free days
High interest rate
High annual fee &89 for non-qualified customer

kfmcnm
kfmcnm

Commonwealth offers many rewards to choose from including appliances, vouchers, subscriptions, holidays and more. The rewards are so varied that I believe it would suit anyone. It has a really low yearly fee and you have 55 days to pay back the amount on your card. Redeeming rewards is easy as you can do this online and they offer the rewards catalogue online as well as in the post.
The Commonwealth Credit card is awesome as it has a decent rewards program. I love having a pin now for my card.
Like any bank Commonwealth can be difficult to deal with at times but since using the credit card we haven't had any problems.

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Overall, the card has give me much pleasure and convenience. I haven't had a chance to use the PayPass™ feature that my MasterCard comes with, but the basic features of a credit card are all you really need or even expect.

The card itself is sturdy. The magnetic strip is also scratch-proof, though in some grocery stores the card readers seem to have problem with this new design, but not older cards. No fees for students an added bonus.
Good rewards system, redeem points quickly through everyday shopping and use
takes a while to increase limits (no access online), to add additional card holders

Roronoa