Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

willma
willma

Good

It is a good card with some good features. It will be even better if it has lower annual fee and interest rate.
Great awards system
Amex card makes topping up points easier
Interest free days
High interest rate
High annual fee &89 for non-qualified customer

Josie_9
Josie_9New South Wales

Good

Overall, the card has give me much pleasure and convenience. I haven't had a chance to use the PayPass™ feature that my MasterCard comes with, but the basic features of a credit card are all you really need or even expect.

The card itself is sturdy. The magnetic strip is also scratch-proof, though in some grocery stores the card readers seem to have problem with this new design, but not older cards. No fees for students an added bonus.
Good rewards system, redeem points quickly through everyday shopping and use
takes a while to increase limits (no access online), to add additional card holders

Roronoa
RoronoaVictoria, 3106

onyak23
onyak23

Good

Its handy card to have specially for reward purpose. I really like more when they still linking with Ezy Woolworth. Because i got the woolies voucher automaticly when i have enough reward and the reward seem to accumulate faster because they have extra reward/bonus point for shopping at the Woolies group shop.
Now days we seem to accumulate the point bit slow to get.
Its great card to use anywhere, the reward system have plenty of choice to choose. Its reputable company. the card appearance quite simple
The $49 fee and i can not access my saving account with the card for withdrawing matter since they cancel the Ezy banking link.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Jackie_Mech
Jackie_Mech

Bad

CBA's credit card is a standard bank credit card. it's not so great compared to a number of other offers on the market.
Customer service
fees and charges

pnasca
pnascaNSW, 2061

Good

Overall, a credit card is a credit card at the end of the day. I chose the Commonwealth Bank of Australia card as it’s internet site is state of the art and I can monitor all my accounts from the 1 website, it has a Secure Internet shopping site online, good reward program, 55 days interest free and CBA is has a good reputation for security.
Commonwealth bank has a very easy internet website and it is so user friendly and easy to access and view all transactions. The points program is excellent and it has a reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest free.
It does have higher interest rates than other cards, and I know that some other cards have a $0 annual fee.

muslaw
muslawQLD, 4171

Good

I've had this card for a few years now and made good money of the rewards program. the staff on the phone are australian in my experience which is a nice touch these days. they have a good variety of people to redeem with, and a great array of bonus partners that can be used. it can be connected to your netbank so that you can manage it with your bank account very easily.
Overall i've been very impresed.
excellent points program for what you pay.
reasonable annual fee for 55 days interest fee.
higher interest rate then my other cards. Not as much choose for redemtion as my other cards.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 3724

Bad

I originally had the Woolworths Ezy Mastercard (issued by the CBA) and when that got phased out in OCT 06, I got onto this one.

I am not really a fan of this card. I am not really interested in the rewards that are on offer, none of the them really interest me at all. The "cash-back" option is the only one but I find it awkward and complicated to redeem.

I don't really use this card anymore, it just sits in my wallet doing nothing. I will probably cancel it in the next few months.
55 days interest-free...that's about it.
Rewards partners where you can redeem points are not that thrilling. High annual fee. High interest rate.

sarah1131
sarah1131Western Australia, 6027

Good

This is my first credit card and it was easy to get (easy approval, fast, easy access to internet banking). It's so much more useful then just carrying cash around, now you can just use it (fast & easy) to buy something.
55 days interest free, easy to be approved, nice layout, aesthetic, can easily access internet banking, good credit card limit and awards range, fast and easy approval, from a well known bank, reliable, cash back award.
Limited reward options to redeem your points, its hard to obtain the rewards and keep your credit to a minimum, sometimes the credit card limit is too low (just depends on who you are), the annual fee is too high.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Kryska
KryskaWA, 6065

Good

As a member of the Commonwealth bank I was offered one of these credit cards. There is no reasonable points scheme on any of the cards offered by the Commonwealth bank. The main thing that I do actually like about the Commonwealth bank credit card is that if you have a home loan with them, you can buy a package where you get lower rates on your home loan, and you get a lot of extra benefits with the credit card. If we get a home loan with them, I will definately be getting this credit card with the package because it is really good value for money.
fees
points

lgordon9
lgordon9VIC, 3196

Bad

This card replaces the "EZY Mastercard" where I could redeem points for cash vouchers so that I could purchase what "I wanted" at Woolworths stores. The "cash back" redemption is too complicated to understand, as it can't be use to pay your credit card debt, so what use is it? A point system that appears to deliver but is of little value to the "average" person
55 days interest free
Award point partners do not suit where I shop.Places to redeem my points is too limited and I don't fly on planes very often.