Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $10 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramCommBank Awards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Awards point per $1 spent using your Mastercard.

This is capped at 50,000 points per year.

You can opt to automatically transfer your Awards points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points. The conversion rate is 2.5 Awards points for 1 QFF point. Additional fees may apply.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Channa
ChannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service

I ordered garden equipment using my award points. All items arrived except the leaf blower. When I inquired, to my surprise, i was told the item was delivered 10 days back to my address. As I did not get it, I asked for the acknowledgement for the delivery. I was then told due to the current epidemic deliveries are not acknowledged and I almost lost hope of getting it. However, the awards team within two days arranged the delivery and I received it yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the way they handled my case.

Sal
SalSydney, NSW

Great. Love the rewards program

Great card. Always pay by the die date, therefore no interest charges plus the benefit of rewards. Benefit of supplementary card for an additional $10 and only $59 annual fee

MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

nothing special!

I find The awards program really isnt very exciting as you need to spend a fortune to get anything, I spent ALOT of money and for barely anything in return!!! The redemption process is simple once you finally work up enough points, but again, not worth the time! Not worth it, I feel theres a lot of better deals on the market!

Dabas
DabasSydney, NSW

Decent Card

I have been using the CBA card since 2013. It's quick in transferring money to this credit card and the customer service is impeccable. Its a decent card to have .

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Moh A.
Moh A.Sydney, NSW

Commonwealth credit card

You would pay Standard fees.
Easy to transfer balance to credit card
Rewards given by commonwealth credit card are minimum
Not very satisfied with rewards and points scheme.
Try getting offers from other banks

Ivanna
IvannaPerth, WA

Fantastic Awards

Been with Commbank my whole life and would never change.
Based on my experience using Commonwealth Awards creditcard makes it easier. The cons would be the international fee charge which is quite high!
I find it relatively easy to transfer my balance to the creditcard. The app is super!
Satisfied with the costumer service (answered all my queries), conveniency with Commonwealth bank (branches nearby), getting rewarded for using it and claiming the awards made easy.
It is easy to accumulate points and simple to redeem them.

Eraj
ErajMelbourne

Great card from a great bank!

I've been banking with CBA for all of my financial life and my awards card has helped me reward myself with a range of different items! App is user friendly :)

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Mohamed H M Yoosuf
Mohamed H M YoosufGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A simple and beneficial CBA Awards MasterCard

I used this card with $5000 limit to pay all my bills and purchases. Initially a bonus reward of 30,000 points was given which I used to purchase $150 worth of Caltex fuel cards. Every month I have been given more reward points to purchase many gift cards. Annual fee also low and have a 55 days interest-free period.

Maggie
MaggieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love CBA standard Visa

How good are CBA ... they send me a text three days before my payment is due reminding me to pay on time and if that is not enough I have been informed that they have waived the annual fee this year. No complaint from me. And I don't even have a CBA bank account.

Canberra Daddy
Canberra DaddyKingston 2604, ACT

This is my everyday credit card

Partner and I have 2 COMBANK Mastercard Diamond cards on the one account with a large limit. I pay all bills and spend about $5,000 per month, converting all award points to QANTAS. After 5 years I have accumulated enough Qantas Points to buy 2 around the world business class tickets, mostly as a result of this card. I did not transfer any balance to this card but very satisfied with the rewards and the ease of transfer to QANTAS. I pay card off in full every month. The NETBANK App and website are very easy to use.

TeaH
TeaHCanberra 2600, ACT

Really reliable

Commonwealth Bank has been the most reliable bank. The app is very easy to use and they are very good at letting you know when the app will be down. The Mastercard has some good benefits as well.

J and T Smith
J and T SmithSouth West, WA

Easy to use, with great awards system!

I have had a Commonwealth Bank Awards Credit Card for over 6 years. It has been very easy to use within Australia and also overseas. I have used it multiple times overseas and never had any issues. Very easy to see your available balance and make payments to the card via netbank and online banking. I mostly used the cash bank for my awards from the card, which I really liked that I could use it towards the purchases made on the card. It was easy to redeem points, as each purchase earns you points. Redeeming the points was always a fast and easy process to follow. The yearly fees on the card werent bad compared to what other banks are offering. Would highly recommend this product.

Heather
HeatherPerth, WA

35 years with my CBA Credit Card :o)

No problems using my credit card in Indonesia or New Zealand :o)
Very easy to transfer money into this credit card from my other accounts
Good reward system - I love the petrol/fuel cards!

September 4th 2019 Update: Worry-free Transactions with my Commonwealth Bank MasterCard

I've banked with the Commonwealth for 40 years!! I highly recommend their MasterCard credit card as this Bank take honesty and security seriously. They are right up there with their services on fraud and illegal users gaining access and have helped me out on several occasions when my card has been accessed - which was a godsend as it was them who contacted me within minutes of the transaction taking place. Thank you Commonwealth Bank credit card staff!!

amsam_16
amsam_16Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worth it

I am glad I obtained this. This bank provides the best customer service. It's easy to do transfers, provides benefits such as no interest on purchase and annual fee waive off. I will continue to use this product.

Tyrone
Tyrone

Very good bank card

The only bank I'd use as customer service is really good and available for 24 hours. Rewards points aren't the best and I wish it could be better, transaction may sometimes sit at the pending section for a couple days before its cleared