Commonwealth Bank Essential Super

Commonwealth Bank Essential Super

See the Best Retail Superannuation Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.6
  • Rates and Fees
Jennifer
JenniferSydney, NSW

CBA OSF balanced fund advised by government as sub performing fund and recommend moving.

Today. I and all CBA OSF balanced fund members received a letter advising they were one of 13 funds identified by the government as below acceptable performance even though they had been given ample warning. Significant investment in amp, commercial property. I can imagine the men in these positions are the most highly paid in the super business and aren't invested in their own fund. They should be removed.

Zan R.
Zan R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Long time with them - 50% Increase on LIfe Insurrance after COVID

Jose Carrillo
Jose CarrilloSouth East Queensland, QLD

They lost almost 30% of my funds with the Covid 19 pandemic

Everyone could see what was about to happen. I even switched my investment option to cash, however, it took 4 days for these clowns to make the switch. I guessed they were sleeping while the whole economy was falling apart.
In those 4 days, I lost about 600 dollars. Most super funds were losing 10% or 15%, but this one was losing 30%. To summarize, they have no idea about what they are doing, just incompetency at its highest level. After seeing my losses, I made an inquiry asking for the list of stocks where the funds were invested, they did not share it.
Fortunately for me, I only have 13000 AUD atm of the pandemic, I pity the ones that have all their life savings in this circus.

Nick
NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just useless

Absolutely terrible communication, been trying to change my super from personal non concessional to employer concessional and has been the biggest nightmare waiting weeks for them to not do what they did they would do. just contacting them is difficult and to end up talking to someone who is clueless about what I’m requesting which was already processed. What seems like a simple thing to change has been jumping thru hoops having to prompt them to send out confirmation time and time again

Insurance Options
Retail Superannuation Funds

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Essential Super compares to other Retail Superannuation Funds

Timothy C.
Timothy C.

How are they capable of losing so much?!

Over the past 6 months (to June 2020) Commonwealth Bank Essential Super has lost more than 10% of my super amount. Additionally, in the 12 month period before this they lost 2.5% in what should have been a moderately stable market. I have placed the majority of my funds in more conservative areas too.
Don't invest your future with them.

John O.Wheatbelt, WA

So good You may as well place all your savings on Red and see what Happens

Narinder
NarinderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lost money

Iaround actually lost around $ 15600 with Esssential super in two months. I called them and they said they have invested my moniey in share market which went down. I am still loosing money every day from my super account. I dont where to seek help

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Trav
TravMelbourne

Very good so far!

After being with two separate industry funds for many years I decided to consolidate my Super and open a Commbank Essential Super account. The main reason I chose CommBank was the convenience of having my Super and everyday banking in one place. The process of consolidating was very easy.
I had been told I would not get as good returns with CommBank as my previous funds but so far that is not the case.
Highly recommend, especially for current Commonwealth banking customers for the pure convenience.

Biggest nightmare and won’t accept responsibility for their own mistakes.

Retail Superannuation Funds