Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

Commonwealth Bank Low Fee (page 2 of 3)

Pros

• $150 cashback if you apply by 30 June 2021 and spend $1,000 on purchases by 30 September 2021

• $0 Annual Fee in the first year and waived in subsequent years when you spend $1,000 or more on purchases or cash advances in the previous year

• Minimum credit limit of $500

Cons

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsCashback Offer, Introductory Interest Rate and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.74% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$29 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Rate 0% p.a. for the first 15 months
Introductory Offers

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Does everything I need it to do.

We needed an emergency credit card for bills mainly & this suited my needs. No annual fee if you spend over $1000 in the year. But no perks unfortunately which may be a problem for most.

Rita

RitaNewcastle

It is a good option for students

The bank low fee card is definitely a good option for students as CBA waives the fees. However, the drawbacks are also obvious. No reward points, high cash advance fees, high exchange rates. It is a good choice if you use it for daily purchase, online shopping in Australia. Their customer service is also pretty good. They will get your money back if your card is stolen and used by others. NEVER use it overseas. DON'T use the travel money card of CBA neither. The exchange rates in CAB suck and it is not easy to transfer the money into another account if the money is less than 10. I cancelled this card as soon as I graduated.

Goldberg

GoldbergMacGregor 2615, ACT

Commonwealth credit card

This card suits me down to the ground as it is easy to track types of expenditure to see where my money is being spent. I would definitely recommend this card.

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Good no issue so far

My credit card got compromised once somehow, lodged a claim/report and CBA refunded straight away so, so far so good. Also forgot to make my repayment once and CBA was understanding enough to waive the late fees.

Random P.

Random P.Sydney, NSW

Really awesome

This credit card has really LOW rates and I moved all my money to westpac but kept one account with commonwealth because of the really low rates and I mainly use it for cheap purchases

Ravi

RaviSydney, NSW

Its a good credit card but needs to be used properly.

I have been using this card over a period of time and has found it very handy,But unfortunately have never used this card overseas.I have only used this card for my flight ticket bookings and to pay the bills.

Fisher

FisherGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This card is good to use.

Whenever I used this credit card for payment, I transfer back the amount I used from the CommBank app immediately. It is good that sometimes I do not have enough money on the debit card and lazy to transfer the money on the spot, therefore this is an alternative way to use it.

Heath

HeathGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you're already with Commbank, it's the best card to get

I moved most of my accounts over to Suncorp, however kept just one Commbank account as an everyday saver (used for basic cheap purchases and transfers). I got offered the low few credit card via mail and went for it just last month. Much lower fees and MUCH easier to handle when you already have an account with Commbank, especially if you use the Netbank app. I haven't done a heap of research on other cards, but the CB Low Fee card easier makes the most sense from a savings perspective over other companies.

Luke95

Luke95South East Queensland, QLD

Great option for students

I've been using this card for quite a number of years as CBA waive the annual fees for university students. It is a good no-frills credit card that would suit the needs of most people. The experience I've had with CBA fraud watch has also been very positive. On 2 occasions, they have contacted me about suspicious transactions on my card, 1 of which turned out to be someone fraudulently using my details. This transaction was promptly rejected and my card reissued. Overall would recommend.

Rajina

RajinaSydney, NSW

Love the credit card and the low (or no) annual fee

Lavanya

LavanyaGippsland, VIC

This ia a perfect card for day to day activities

We use Common wealth Bank credit card for everyday routine transactions and we found it really usefull. We highly recommend this card to everyone. A simple low fee card to maintain our routine shoppings.

Sahejin S.

Sahejin S.Sydney

Long term user. The best thing is the app - it makes it super easy to manage the card.

Zara Z

Zara ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

The fee is not that LOW

The exchange fee when using it abroad when traveling is not as LOW as other card like INGs Direct card. Also the currency exchange rates is on the higher side of other credit cards I have.

jackieduong

jackieduong

Great card, great app, service meh

Abishek B.

Abishek B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Basic credit card

The card offers basic services like 55 days interest free payments, payment protection, overseas service and an application where you can monitor your purchases. They could have added an awards program with it.

Chloe J

Chloe JSouth East Queensland, QLD

They are alright, But if you overdraw and cant pay back straight away you get harassed with an automated robot.

Overdrew my card by accident when i was struggling over Christmas since then i can receive upto 3 calls a day from a private number which is commonwealth banks automated robot calling me Sometimes it can be more.
When i first applied it was because I was told it was the only way to actually get a credit rating. I just wanted $1500 i wasn't even going to use it. Then all of a sudden they had applied for another credit card for me and cancelled my other application. I was like okay because i went in and talked to someone. Anyways it was approved and they had given me a $5000 credit card. Being a 19 year old mum with 2 kids i thought that was ridiculous.

birdman

birdmanBoyne Island

Good card but be careful of fees and online fraud

LBmmmr

LBmmmrQueensland, Australia

Works for me.

Easy to use. Love the online and feel secure and love there fraud squad. I am a Google play user and purchase a lot of things with this card on Google Play. I was buying a family member some Apple credit online via iTunes. Within 60 seconds of the transaction clearing I received a phone call from a Commonwealth bank fraud squad member enquiring if I did the purchase. I advised yes. And enquired what prompted the call. She advised systems flagged it as I purchase from Google and never have from Apple. I was impressed

tjayz

tjayzPORTLAND

Check your statement carefully!

chriharr

chriharrAU

Good

Overall this product is a great everyday credit card, wish it had a rewards program though, seems to be the only thing lacking with this card
* Accepted Everywhere
* Contact-less payment support (paypass)
* very sleek transparent design
* low annual fee (waived if you spend over $1,000 a year) basically no annual fee for most who use it
* No hidden costs