Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

Pros

• $150 cashback if you apply by 30 June 2021 and spend $1,000 on purchases by 30 September 2021

• $0 Annual Fee in the first year and waived in subsequent years when you spend $1,000 or more on purchases or cash advances in the previous year

• Minimum credit limit of $500

Cons

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsCashback Offer, Introductory Interest Rate and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.74% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$29 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Rate 0% p.a. for the first 15 months
Introductory Offers

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent card for the budget conscious

Monica

MonicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for salary packaging purposes, but keep in mind no rewards

Essentially a no-fee credit card for me as it's easy to spend $1000 per year and have the fee waived, but it doesn't come with any rewards schemes. Useful for salary packaging living expenses on credit card repayments. I don't use this card overseas because it'd incur 3% international transaction fees. I did not transfer my balance to this card.

Sare

SareMelbourne

Good value

Like other reviews, there are not fees if you spend over $1000 and like the name suggests it is low fee credit card. The app to navigate this card to check balance and usage is simple. Have not used it overseas, however I use it for slightly bigger purchases rather than my debit card as you get 55 days interest free period. Downside is you can't earn rewards for spending, however works out if you don't have to pay an annual fee.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Low Fee compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

sugardumpling_90

sugardumpling_90Sydney, NSW

I had this for a year and it was great

I've always banked at Commonwealth and I often get emails about their low free credit card. I signed up when they had $300 cash back offer. Since I am banking with CBA, it is very easy to pay the credit card. I can transfer the money and it's deposited right away into my credit card. Customer service care is excellent, I love their online chat.

SABS

SABSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

love it, so handy

It is a very handy card, with no annual fee (spending $1000 a year is just too easy), I use it for every day purchases. It's very useful to monitor my spending, and I can accumulate some interest in my savings account before I pay off the bill. When I got a charge I did not recognise I got my money back easily, within a couple of days after I made the complaint.

Rob Hinkley

Rob HinkleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best value card I’ve found!

It doesn’t have any rewards program, but does have 55 days interest free on purchases and the $39 annual fee is waived if you spend more than $1000 each year.

Santi R.

Santi R.Perth, WA

Great card, have no complaints!

the card does what u need it to do, no problems inside or outside Australia. Transferring money is also perfect. I've had it for 3 months now, got it just before travelling and haven't had a single issue.

Karun G.

Karun G.Perth, WA

Great Value Card

Great Card for daily activities. Low Fees makes it better. Have this for last 3 years and never changed the mind to go with any other provider. Now with Apple Pay, it is even better

Goldberg

GoldbergMacGregor 2615, ACT

Commonwealth credit card

This card suits me down to the ground as it is easy to track types of expenditure to see where my money is being spent. I would definitely recommend this card.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Low Fee compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Fisher

FisherGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This card is good to use.

Whenever I used this credit card for payment, I transfer back the amount I used from the CommBank app immediately. It is good that sometimes I do not have enough money on the debit card and lazy to transfer the money on the spot, therefore this is an alternative way to use it.

Rajina

RajinaSydney, NSW

Love the credit card and the low (or no) annual fee

Lavanya

LavanyaGippsland, VIC

This ia a perfect card for day to day activities

We use Common wealth Bank credit card for everyday routine transactions and we found it really usefull. We highly recommend this card to everyone. A simple low fee card to maintain our routine shoppings.

LBmmmr

LBmmmrQueensland, Australia

Works for me.

Easy to use. Love the online and feel secure and love there fraud squad. I am a Google play user and purchase a lot of things with this card on Google Play. I was buying a family member some Apple credit online via iTunes. Within 60 seconds of the transaction clearing I received a phone call from a Commonwealth bank fraud squad member enquiring if I did the purchase. I advised yes. And enquired what prompted the call. She advised systems flagged it as I purchase from Google and never have from Apple. I was impressed

starflyy

starflyy

I was very impressed with the reliability and interest rates and they offer you small and large limits so it suits everybody. I think it is a really good card.
The annual fee is amazing I can't believe how cheap it is and it is a great first credit card because it comes with no hidden catches what you see is what you get. You can also have an additional card holder for no extra charge so if you both use it then you can save on the annual fee for one of you.
It does cost extra to get the second card user a card and it makes it a little to easy to spend money.

See all Commonwealth Bank Low Fee reviews