Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver

Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

tsetse

ReviewPrincessNSW, 2340

jgeagea

jgeageaNSW, 2161

Good

This account is great and suits me well. The interest paid is quite high and compounded monthly. The money is also accessible when desired. This account is very generous and provides for my needs. I would recommend this account to other people who want high interest but also accessibility to their money. Other people may have other accounts which better suit them but this account is very appealing with what it offers.
This account pays high interest and is very convenient being online meaning yo can bank when ever you want without having to queue.
You must transfer from accounts to make withdrawals.

cityofbluemtns

cityofbluemtnsNSW, 2786

Good

I have had Netbank Savers now for about 6 months and I like the concept of them, having funds cleared from linked accounts to the Netbank Saver, however as I have formally been a customer of ING and ANZ I really do think that the interest rate needs to be higher as a constant instead of having it as a bonus interest rate. It's great now that the Commonwealth Bank has a new Netbank page instead of the old outdated interface that previously existed.
It's easy to transfer money from my transaction account to my Netbank Saver
The interest rate could be higher and scheduled transfers from the Netbank Saver to a transaction account would be nice

marchiano

marchianoAU

cookie91

cookie91

OK

The NetBank Saver account used to only be available to certain people, and as a result it had a higher interest rate, I remember it being up around 7% at one stage. At the moment it is about 3%, and I know part of that is the economy but right now I think there are better bank accounts to put your money in. I like the fact that all the telephone banking is free, which makes it cheap and easy to transfer money between accounts, but the fees on the streamline account are quite high and it isn't really worthwhile.
Higher interest rate than standard accounts, telephone banking and internet banking.
Need a streamline account to set it up, used to be a lot better than it is now.

karenfff

karenfffnsw, 2323

justsaz

justsazAU

sunshine263

sunshine263

Good

It is a good account with no account keeping fees, good for saving money that you need to access and you can access it, the interest rate is a little low compared to other banks.
You can access your money when ever you need it online without loosing your monthly awarded interest.
There is no fee on the account so you can direct debt money from one account to it if your saving for example $20 a week for Christmas presents and you don't have to pay an extra monthly account keeping fee for having an extra account.
My local branches Warwick, Joondalup and Wanneroo all the customer service tellers and account keeping people are fantastic to deal with.
The interest rate is low compared to other banks such as bankwest.

neodymium

neodymiumAU

Daniella21

Daniella21

I like my Netbank Saver account, it has helped me to save my money much easier than a normal bank account. My account fees are not to high, all their staff are helpfull. i have since changed all my bank accouts to commonweath bank because i like their good and helpful service. When i went to get my personal loan, the staff members made it really easy for me, they helped me to work out all the documents and information i needed, they were patient with me and helped me out when i needed the help with it.
Makes it easier to save. Cheap fees
You can only access the netbank saver via the internet.

globug

globug

Bad

Super_Sue1

Super_Sue1

Good

I am happy with this account. It is a good way to continue saving and is easy to use. It has encouraged my use of account transferring and the internet banking rather than branch banking. It is worth a try. I think the CBA has definately picked up the service provision and this is a product that supports their endeavour to keep customers happy. I have all my accounts with CBA now, and having been through the GFC I can say that my funds are well parked.
I like the way I can transfer from other accounts to this one and the money is not accessible. Good for saving..
Bank charges

gizette

gizetteSydney

Good

this is the only joint bank account i have with my husband, it's a great account to have to pay all our bills from and as you can't access it when your out and about you can't spend the money on impule's purchases so we know the money will always be there for the bills, there are also no account keeping fees which is great. i would recomend this product to others.
it can not be accessed directly so if your tempted to take some money out to impluse buy you can't. good interest rate. easy to use and set up.
you can only access this online or over the phone.

happytime

happytime

I have to say that I do like the set up with Commonwealth bank. Their website is easy to navigate and all of my accounts are linked, my home loan and credit card. My husbands card was skimmed OS and they were right onto it and alerted us.
I know we all hate banks but this one works well for us.
Easy to use Website, lots of branches.
interest rates

johndurrant11

johndurrant11

Good

it is a very good and easy institution to bank with , and the interest given in the netbank saver is quite good, compared to other banks.Definetely this is one of my favorite banks.
the interest rate is very good compared to other banks,The staff are very good, polite and most of all very helpful. Also I have taken a home loan and the it was granted with minimal difficulties to us.Also I got a loan amount that other banks did not offer.ATM's are also situated all over Australia, so there is no issue in getting cash out anywhere.
bank charges are a bit too high

topblueangel

topblueangeltasmania, 7310

It is a great bank for home loans,personal loans and banking.It is a very caring atmosphere and the managers are easy to get along with.The tellers are also very helpfull in any problems you have.
the friendly personal service is great
not enough ATMs in smaller towns

drifand

drifandWA, 6112

Good

I have setup a commonwealth bank account with netsaver just for the purpose of my home loan. The fess were reasonable as I have a debit card free of charge. I like to think that is an edge over anz bank. The down fall of this net saver is that the transactions shown are not up to date. I hope they can improve on this as it is not a bad facility.
Is free, good reasonable interests. For some who dont need a full bank services this would be good enough.
The updates on transactions are not real time and takes a while to process unlike ANZ.