Commonwealth Bank Online

KAP2034

KAP2034Sydney, NSW

Commbank is a Failure

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Very bad Pending service.

Been with comm bank over 20 years. If you tap and pay or pay by PayPal or Afterpay, the money sits in Pending for over a week and then overdraws your account. Other banks like ING and ANZ take it out of your funds straight away so you are aware of what your spending. Then comm bank will charge you $15 overdrawn fee which is more charge then things your actually spending. I have no made the switch to ANZ and couldn’t be more happier.

Jeff Beaumont

Jeff BeaumontPerth, WA

A Bank that Cares

I recently experienced frustration with Apple billing my card even though a subscription was cancelled. Plus the card was locked for online payments but Apple it seems store your card and process it as a store transaction. Not good. Anyway, being under financial pressure I was delighted that Comm Bank refunded some of my transactions fees to assist me! So big shout out to a Bank staff member who took the time to help. Cheers Cameron!!

Penny

PennyPerth, WA

Warning mobile transfer

I recently transferred funds on CBA app using mobile Pay ID. I checked number that I was transferring to and it was correct. Transferred funds and it was never received at other end. CBA did a trace and said funds went to an Adelaide Bendigo Bank but we're not recoverable. I relied on the CBA transfer app to transfer fund securely. CBA has refused to help, simply suggesting that I seek legal advice.

Syed A.

Syed A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4+ years of banking, no complains. Topnotch customer service.

Commbank was the first Aussie bank I opened an account with when I came here 4 years back. I've had other bank on and off, but have never left commbank - for good reasons.

Their customer service is absolutely fantastic - in branch and online!

I recently had a fraudulent transaction on my account by a shipping company that I had never even heard of. I called Commbank customer service and the person on the other end was super helpful! They not only filed a fraud report straightaway but also offered me to cancel my debit card and send a new one. Of course, I gladly availed the offer.

I got a new card AND Commbank reversed the fraudulent transaction. So I had the money back in my account within 4 days after filing the complaint.

Anastasia P.

Anastasia P.

Protect Criminals!

We accidentally transferred $2135.00 into a CBA account by mistake on 9th July, yet the bank is unable to return our money and worse protect the criminal by saying that they haven't responded and it's all a privacy act. Absolute Joke!!! If it was their money it would be a different story.

Milan Stajic

Milan StajicOfficer

thety dont care about loyal customers.

After 6 years business banking i decided to move on and give my business to anz, terrible personal bankers, I was awarded with personal banker recently and she is the reason i am moving on. unefficient, slow and terrible people skills. If you come across Chelsea Laing run away or else you will suffer.
so We done 6 years with CBA - experience ok average big bank and 1 month with personal banker Chelsea - terrible experience we are out in less then 30days

TopicBusiness Banking
Nathan

NathanPerth, WA

Couldn’t care less about there customers

Terrible customer service, all they care about is making money and looking after themselves. I’ll be changing banks that’s for sure.

25 years of being with the bank and for nothing

sebastian

sebastianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible customer care

I am with this bank more than 4 years, but whenever i tried on phone very hard to get on line. Today i stayed more than 40 minutes on line to speak with some one about my existing home loan but no one answered at last i disconnected. They dont care about our time , absolutely waste customer support.

Bad customer service

Customer service not helpful at all
They are rude
Instead solve the probe they want you leave your job go to them waste your time
Why you have online service if you don’t want solve the probe

Patric P.

Patric P.Perth, WA

Tyrants

TopicCredit Card Application
Shan

ShanPerth, WA

Terrible customer service and complaints handling

Contacted commonwealth as credit inquiries on my credit file under my maiden name, proof I didn’t make it, they stated was branch error but still will not remove them! Terrible customer complaints service to deal with

TopicCredit Card Application and Loan Application
Patrick

PatrickSydney, NSW

On hold for too long

I have been trying to call CBA for closing my personal loan account now that I've fully paid them off. I have been on hold for too long just asking for a closure letter. 5 times in a week. There was once someone answered the phone but she had to transfer me to another person, but got cut off. SO BLOOODY ANNOYING!!!! Had to wait hours and hours again to get in touch with a staff! I just needed that BLOODY CLOSURE LETTER!!! Just send the bloody thing! my goodness!!!

Joe

JoeMid North Coast, NSW

Worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I became a Commonwealth customer when I became Power of Attorney for my Father and later executor of his will. EVERY SINGLE undertaking the bank has given me has been broken, even to the extent of a Branch Manager not showing up to an appointment that he personally requested. It took them four attempts to get Netbank to work and they have given numerous lots of conflicting and erroneous advice about what I could use the account for. They told me there would be no fees and the very first statement included fees. I wasted hours getting them to reverse the fees and next month there was a fee for the transaction in which they refunded the first lot of erroneous fees! I can't wait to finish with them.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
J.h

J.hGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling wait times

I called at 8pm at night and having been waiting now for over an hour to get a simple pay out figure for my personal loan - something that cannot be done online. CBA desperately needs to hire more phone staff. Appalling.

Neo

NeoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Commonwealth Bank always having technical issues

Very unreliable bank. Always having technical issues preventing you from being able to access online banking. When they have issues, your bank cards also do not work. Could be ready to pay for shopping and your card will decline not due to insufficient funds but because the bank is having technical issues. Very bad and embarrassing especially at a time like this too, we are in lockdown and on curfew, if we need food before closing and cannot pay for it due to the banks error, we go without food. Terrible bank.

Online Banking

I have been with Commonwealth bank all my life, but after this bad experience I would have to think twice... I had $500 clearly in my account, but suddenly it disappeared. Yes i do buy online products heaps, but Everytime I made a purchased, very clearly my money will be deducted from my account pretty much immediately. Even though it is on pending, it never came back to my account with one of the staffs tells me. What they were saying was because it's on pending the merchandise company have charge me 3 weeks later. That's why my $500 has disappeared. If so than where is my money from before gone to???? Which they cannot explained.... They would not take a minute to check out this issue further for me...

Business banking

Get with the times and allow electronic signing, there’s plenty of certified platforms and other banks have rolled it out. There’s a pandemic and there are restrictions, yet businesses are expected to get signatures hand signed in person.

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

Commbank Sucks

Worst. bank ever if there’s an emergency to get money to people and you can’t because of this 1st transaction garbage it’s utter crap you should be able to do whatever you like with your damn money dislike this putrid bank with a passion

Shaun

ShaunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great mobile app

I have been using commonwealth mobile app for years, easy to use, with a lot of useful features, seeing it was developed from a bare application to its current state makes me believe it will be even better in the future!