Commonwealth Bank Online

Commonwealth Bank Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Impossible to contact

Have been with Commbank for over 15 years. From my first savings account to then getting my first Homeloan with them. I have three other home loans and have decided not use Commbank due the poor experience and difficulty to make changes and get rates in line with current market. My introductory rate is coming to an end and I have called them 7 days in a row each time with more than a 1 hour wait, making it impossible to do. I was planning to keeping the loan with Commbank but due to the inability to have the conversation I have since contacted Lendi and they were able to get me a much better offer with ING. Discharge form already downloaded

Review TypeCredit Card Application and Loan Application

Poor loan rates, poor deposit rates, poor service

Deposit rates: For years I have been getting and comparing deposit rates for amounts over a certain amount, from the big 4 . The NAB always gave me the best rate, I spoke directly to their team that handles treasury rates, they issue you with a reference number and you go to the branch and invest it. The CBA did have someone we could email and even after speaking to her boss she could not get better rates.

Loan rates: it's just laziness on our part that they are even able to issue loans. If we spend a morning speaking to a broker, we will save thousands.
We have found a broker that deals with the Macquarie bank and she gives us the best rates,

Service: Whenever I go to my local CBA branch, a few steps into the door I am accosted by an employee that suggests I put my cheque in to my account using the ATM. Even if there is no one in the queue.

When it comes to rules and regulations, they are inflexible, their managers are rude, even if you have been with the CBA for 50 years. It's a brick wall
Across the road at the NAB, we are treated differently. It's pleasant, the bank manager will go out of his way to help us, so we felt comfortable that if there were any problems in the future we wouldn't be running into a brick wall.

Little by little , my family and I have drifted away from the CBA to other banks. I feel that people who started with the CBA, till they have the time to look at other options will just stay with the CBA. This is what happened to us , we were too busy to take the time to look into things.

So what are they offering :
Are they offering good deposit rates?: NO
Are they offering good loan rates?:NO
Are they offerings a bearable service?:NO
I am wondering whether they only exist because traditionally people banked with them years ago.

I wouldn't bother with the ANZ either , they are more hopeless than the CBA.

The only good thing about the CBA is their share price.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Warning - Unreliable

Our company's money was easily taken out by scammer via online system. We reported the crime withing 12 hours. Commonwealth bank has no control who even does not care. Our 2 accounts were frozen for their investigation. We are advised the investigation can take up to 45 days and no guarantee for the lost money. This let our management with no choice but change the bank immediately.

on call for 29 minutes no answer

on call for 29 minutes no answer, a simple travel card enquiry. it's not a great prodct the travel card but I would at least expect someone to answer the 1300 number, had to hang up in the end. called during office hours

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Scammers use commonwealth bank as favourites

Have been scammed by commonwealth bank account and they have no control over any thing like that
Person controls multiple commonwealth bank accounts and scam people
Bank has nothing to do with the security of people money
They also charged me $800 interest from my credit card by pressing it by mistake on my transfer into my accounts when transferred straight back to credit card
Off course they don’t care they just want to rob your money by them or the scammers

Thanks for ripping us off

Review TypeBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

One Hour On Hold And Still Waiting !!!!

For an institution that make billion dollar profits I think you can afford to hire more staff to answer calls. i began being patient..but now im cranky ...over one hour and ten minutes now...still on hold

Review TypeLoan Application

Thank you for waiting, we'll be with you as soon as possible....57 minutes later, still hearing the same message!

Seriously, how can a bank that posts billion dollar profits not have enough staff to answer a call within 10 minutes? I understand there are quiet and busy times, but honestly, expecting customers to wait an hour is atrocious!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

You will be answered shortly... 45 mins and still holding!

So someone has been trying to use my banking details in the USA and I contact CBA to shut down the account and bounce the two transactions that have hit my account, 45 minutes I'm on hold waiting for someone to actually answer the "Lost or Stolen" cards dept. It's great that they have all their call centres in Australia but I cant help but think things might be faster if they went off shore or just employ more people!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

CBA complaints handling re Netbank issues is rude and unhelpful

Got in touch by phone with CBA re Netbank issues. They took ages to answer, the person answering was rude - telling us there was no problem when there was - and unhelpful - refusing to transfer us to her supervisor. Then got in touch with CBA customer service - after another long wait - to find another arrogant and unhelpful employee. Did the CBA learn nothing from the Royal Commission?

Deep low

They state they will give a discount it you do online insurance care and home/contents insurance. When l tried to do it online some of the questions were worded in such a way that your claim could possibly be declined,if you ticked the wrong box by mistake. Pretty slick. I phoned up to do all my car, home and contents. I was cold called by another provider who could offer a much better deal for combined i.e. at least 3 policies, they could give me a better rate on my cash investments and my home loan. When l phoned the CBA today to ask them to see if they could offer me an incentive to stay with them, a girl named Rachel told me no, they are not able to, and by her attitude and the way she hung up on me nothing has changed in the CBA since the Royal Commission.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Do not go with this bank!

Do not go with this bank. We have our mortgage with commbank and recently have been through financial hardship as my soon to be wife was on maternity leave after our first born daughter was born and we were relying on savings and my income alone. We explained our situation to the bank and asked we be given a little time to get back in front as my partner had to go back to work full time after 5 months. I am in the construction industry and the Perth market is still very stagnant so my income isn't constant at the moment. It was a huge issue with the bank to let us miss one payment. As soon as that period was up they basically demanded the missed payment back straight away and made us feel like criminals and second class citizens that we had even missed a payment. I have my business account with them too and they told me they could take the funds from there even though I explained that money was put aside for gst and material bills. We had to borrow money from a friend to pay it back to them immediately. Not to mention through the whole process myself and my partner spent endless hours on the phone to them with each phone call making us feel worthless. Please stay away from them at all costs there are plenty of other banks out there plesse shop around!

IM FINANCIALLY RUINED!!!.

Took too long for them to give me my loan. Now I cant afford the shares I wanted to buy. Never have I needed to wait soo long for a loan. Its Generally instant. Always was is and will continue to feel let down by the bank. I prey that crypto currency closes your freaking doors and ypu rot in hell.

Review TypeLoan Application

This bank is a complete embarrassment

CBA was the partner bank for my superannuation fund and they are utterly incompetent. Their customer service is non-existent, their account fees are everything but transparent, their constant emails offering products are tiring, their slow payment procedures are outdated and their fees are outrageous. I will never bank with these clowns ever again. They are an embarrassment to the banking industry in Australia.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Netbank Saver Account

Just opened (online) new Netbank Saver account and transferred my funds.
The funds are not available, blocked by the bank for 2 days for security reasons without any warning.
The money came from my other account and I need the money tomorrow morning. Just spoke to CBA, it's 9pm, and they can not help me and they will release the fund on Thursday. If there was a warning I'd not do the transfer. :( not happy!

Phone-in Service is as miserly as their investment rate

Phoning the Commonwealth Bank on 13221 is always annoying, inconvenient to use and makes one think it’s designed to make most people hang up out of frustration.
After you have already invested quite a few minutes navigating and fielding the if you "want this press such and such a number”, you get the usual cop out for bad management and bad service when
the voice over invariably spews out the usual preamble that staff have an unusual number of calls to answer on the particular day you ring and it’s going to take longer than usual for you to get to a person. So the “usual’ is about 20 minutes listening to the CBA sick jingle interrupted by a bombardment every 30 seconds or so with a voice alternating between trying to get you to find your own answer on line, apologising again for keeping you waiting, pushing some other service for which you have not expressed a need and lastly, are you sure you don't wish to go online and find the answer yourself.

If the CBA knows they need more staff to service their customers, they should just hire more staff not waste their customers' time. Customers already do most of the Bank’s work on a self service basis. All the banks have to do is count their astronomical profits.

Anyhow, when finally I did get through, I asked why the investment rate on my Net Bank Saver went down. Ah! Because the 5 month introductory offer had expired. Silly me, I expected a note telling me the offer was about to expire - ha! ha! - that would be like a pickpocket ringing a bell before he picks your wallet. Not good enough - the CBA has a duty of care to warn you if it is about to reduce your investment rate.

So, very slow service, pitiful bonus investment rate and bad customer care - they want you to forget to ring when due so they get a few days grace not paying you the bonus rate. Kachink!

Unauthorised transactions

Unauthorised transactions - After going to use my card on Friday I found that my account was empty. I’ve had 5 unauthorised transactions go through as pending and my balance was 0.00 .. As a low income family I went straight to the bank and reported this only to be told as this is pending nothing can be done until this goes though. This is now the 3rd day and still pending.. Comm bank watching over your money is a load of rubbish .. I’ve now had my card hacked twice and the process in getting your money back seems extremely slow and frustrating

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

after several long waits and promises impossible to get problems solved

Iam a customer for over 3 decades. Recently found my Commbank phone app update was not automatic (why not?), so am unable to pay anyone.The tech person I finally got through to after a long wait talked me thru to the app update, which would not install after several tries. She promised to send my problem up to their real tech team , who would ring me back. That was over three hours ago. Meanwhile my payment is urgent. I cannot get to a bank branch, either, which she knew.

Why does this bank make it so difficult to contact them?

Ceba is the worst service ever. Why can't you put normal online chat people on to help us out and why do you make it so hard for us to find your customer service if you're making so much profit from the people?

Make it easier like the other banks!!!

Good luck for anyone trying to call the bank

Good luck for anyone trying to call the bank, u can talk to centerlink or other gov institute faster than that. Worst service ever. I wonder why they keeping these jobs to australia?

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Incredibly poor service, shocked at how uneducated and rude the staff are!

I have been with commonwealth for over 4 years. I have found the experience to be good up until the point of a disputed transaction. They have been very unwilling to assist me in the matter and have been “complying with there policies” doing nothing about the matter. I’ve been going around in circles with then contacted them since January 2019 it’s now April. Still have no gained any clarity or assistance. Choose another bank!