Commonwealth Bank Online

No Care For Their Customers

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Credit Card Team- Hopeless Financial Assistance Team Hopeless

Had two loans with this bank, personal and car, paid off both about a week ago and they cancelled a credit card without leniency because of me not meeting their minimum requirements in repayments, despite both loans being paid off early, and not being at the limit of the card.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

Ethan C

Ethan C

Call centre wait times are ridiculous.

Everytime I need to call them I need to be on hold for minimum 1 hour. I don't care whether we have a pandemic or the world is coming to an end. If they want to keep operating, they need to hire more call centre staff! Thank goodness my home loan is going to be refinanced with another bank in a couple of days. Sick of dealing with this lousy bank with terrible customer service.

Julia W.

Julia W.South East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

I’ve been with commonwealth for over two years, as they are pretty much the only bank that offers a student credit card. Every interaction I’ve had with commonwealth has been great! I had to cancel my card in 2018 due to fraud, and again earlier this year after I lost it, and they were amazing to deal with both times. No long phone holds, onshore call centres and dealt with the fraudulent money very quickly and without hassle. The app has never been an issue, and I love the notifications to my phone anytime I purchase anything.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Customer care

Called and hold for 2 hrs not respond at all. Second day same.
Doesn't matter what day or time you calling always on hold for alteast 1 hr. At last lost hope.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
John

JohnGippsland, VIC

Had to change my BAD review to Good.

Jim

JimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waited 90 minutes on the phone & still waiting

Tried to solve an issue online. The systems chat is a robot and was told to talk to a human - still waiting after 90 minutes. Many years as a loyal customer counts for nothing.

Jen

JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Closing a credit card

Norrial

NorrialSydney, NSW

Over 2 hours waiting, and still not getting through!

How can it be possible that you put your customers on hold for 2 and a half hours before being answered? Hire more staff!! bad customer service ever I have

Maisie

MaisieSydney, NSW

Lengthy wait time, but great service!

Wait times are a pain. But, considering the coronavirus, a 25-minute wait isn't too bad I guess. Also, the rep was great! I didn't catch her name, but whoever you are, you saved my life! Thank you!!!

Marilyn C.

Marilyn C.

bad customer service on the phone

very rude and unprofessional customer service on the phone.
I been waiting for 2 hrs on the phone, then could not help then asked me to go the the branch. It just checking the account issue that has closed.

Alan

AlanIllawarra, NSW

Credit card early repayment

Donna Lloyd

Donna LloydSydney, NSW

Get with the times CBA

We are in the midst of a global pandemic, all told to self isolate and I've just been informed by that despite having numerous accounts for many years I cannot open a new Term Deposit online for my elderly parents who I Am Power of Attorney for and who already have accounts. I can open any other account but not Term Deposit I need to go to a branch and the only way to get the special interest rate of 1.7% is to physically go to a branch. Good self isolation practices!

tigre

tigreAU

Card gets blocked for no reason

john 1604

john 1604sydney

They listened and helped

Having held my current visa card for almost 40 years i phoned to the call centre as i am expecting overseas hotels to refund my account due to the virus problem. I explained that i had all ready paid heavy transaction fees when i purchased the accom. in November and now would be charged again fees for the refund as i felt it unfair. The customer service man listened carefully and much to my shock waived the previous fees. Not what i was expecting but great service even thank me for being a long time loyal customer. Makes you feel like a human.

Jerldwyn B.

Jerldwyn B.Sydney, NSW

Unacceptable customer service

Scott S.

Scott S.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service, don’t admit their own mistakes

Been with CBA for 24-25 years. Over the past year I’ve been astonished by the things that seem to go wrong or occur. Bank made an error and deposited $16k into my account when my mother tried to deposit a cheque to her own, then withdrew the funds. All while not speaking with me once to ask my authority of what is happening with my account.

Multiple errors with loan applications where CBA at fault, though they have an attitude of “that’s your problem” and rejecting their mistakes.

Also requesting multiple documents which were not relevant and or required. Multiple requests to phone (generally on hold 45+mins) to be told there’s nothing wrong or that I didn’t need call.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
William

WilliamHobart, TAS

Terrible! !

Despicable customer service.. only to lend your money out to Adarni or to dredge the great barrier reef. Thanks Commbank staff and policy; you helped me decide to change banks and I urge all Commonwealth customers to do the same. CANNOT RECOMMEND

Alan B.