Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card (page 2 of 2)

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (0)
Brad18

Brad18South East Queensland, QLD

No problems again

Purchased new Travel Money Cards for another trip to the US. Probably didn't really need to but it I did. Loading was quick and easy. Website was easy enough to change PINs. Had a small issue initially since it still had the old cards associated with it as well.
The strange thing about the US is that PINs are never needed unless getting money from an ATM. Restaurants, hotels, theme parks, bars, and shops, not a problem.
Simple to use and never had a problem.

LouPerth, WA

The trick is to do your research... take the bad reviews with a dose of salt

Jon
Jon

This does not reflect my experience. Believe the bad reviews

Lou

Take responsibility for reading how to use the card

Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Fantastic for the USA - If you use it right.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Pleasantly Surprised

Nomad99

Nomad99Glasgow

Does exactly what it says

JB3
JB3

Do you work for cba?

erol
erol

Most of these comments are from other banks or other card companies marketing team... don't forget its a tough market....best is to load aussie dollars and not lock in the exchange rate if you want of another currency

gailipoo

gailipooAU

We had no problems

I was very hesitant about this card after reading some of the reviews. The teller at the Bank advised me he'd not had any complaints - and also a friend who had come back from the USA had no problems either. I got us 2 cards to go to Hawaii with last month. I found it convenient and it was accepted everywhere. I used it to pay for meals, buy clothes etc and I also took money out from the ATM's. the ATM's limited us as to how much we could withdraw [$200 max or $300 max] unfortunately - so I will take lots of cash and use the card to pay for larger items and meals next time. We even used it on our Hawaiian Airlines flight home.
Convenient and accepted everywhere we used it

Karen95

Karen95Corowa, New South Wales

Loved it

Used in Thailand and Signapore. Better and cheaper than Debitcard. My family have also used the card all over UK and Europe and the USA. Easy to check online to see where you are at. Am top up on card is easy too. Hwere able to change left over curency to remaining ones so I could continue to spend up big
inexpensive

pacttrek
pacttrek
Brumim
Brumim

So u say its ok to be charge $30. For a $300 cash withdrawal . Withdrew 10000 baht and was debited 10799 baht. You must have to much money

Best way to access money overseas

I have travelled through the UK and Europe number of times over many years always finding it a pain to easily access my money and often quite expensive. In 2010 I carried a travel card with 2 currencies and thought it was fantastic. Everyone is familiar with using credit cards and ATMs, this is just the same. Iwas able to use everywhere even paying road tolls throughout Europe. If one currency ran out it simply started withdrawals from the other currency until I topped up. I have just got new cards for a trip this year and look forward to the ease of carrying just another card.
Easy to use
Top up should also be free

tk

tkPerth

Excellent card, not a single problem!

harvey stubbings
harvey stubbings

We went to Norway for 5 weeks no problem with tyhe travel card

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card reviews

Javeria H.

Javeria H.asked

can we transfer money overseas (India) through travel money card by using money gram.

Kit Sheung Lai

Kit Sheung Laiasked

How to renew my travel money card with commonwealth bank while I’m overseas ? Do I have to be physically present in Australia in order to renew it? Is there any other way to renew it while I’m overseas?

Dorothy
Dorothy

Hi Kit. Check out all the reviews before you renew the card.

Noelia P.

Noelia P.asked

Hi, the card was used to withdraw $100 USD from an ATM in Walmart in Kentucky USA. Was charge $2.50USD by the Commonwealth , but then charged an additional $18.36 USD. So a $100USD withdrawl cost $20.86USD , About $30 AUS. Is this right? How do we avoid this.

John
John

It was probably a private ATM. Always use recognized banks. I would suggest only withdrawing when you need cash and don’t do this often. Use the cash card to pay for as many of your transactions as possible as there is no fee for payments.

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card questions