Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (0)
theloneranger1988

theloneranger1988Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Amazing !!

I've just returned from a 2 month trip to Europe during the height of COVID19 and if wasn't for this card i wouldn't have been able to do so much stuff in the limited amount of time that i had. In addition to that it's awesome for online shopping since there's no minimum charge and the transfers are instant.

Love it !!

oreillysmission01

oreillysmission01South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and effective

Strange to see so many poor reviews for this card - I have found it to be excellent through South America, Bali, Asia etc. I haven't had a single issue with it. Transferring funds is immediate on the app, and its nice and safe. Loading up with another currency, and withdrawing in that currency is a good idea to avoid extra fees.

I was only charged $3.50 for (ATM) cash withdrawals - pretty reasonable I thought. Beyond this card, its always good to have an international credit card (like 28 degrees) which can be used as back up.

you don't pay any transaction fee if you withdraw in the currency loaded on the card. I.e Load up with Euro, and withdraw in Euro and you will only pay with withdrawal fee.

AJ59

AJ59Geelong

No Problems at All

Having not travelled for 20 years I was not sure what the best option for money in Europe.
I finally decided on the CBA Money Card, glad I did as I had no issues at all.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Alicia

AliciaPerth

Exactly what I needed

KirstenZ

KirstenZSydney

My experience with CBA travel card account.

Had EXACTLY the same thing happen with my account. It disappeared from my netbank app. 2nd Jan 2018 I'll be in the branch, and have had 3 days to get nice and angry. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CHECK YOUR EXPIRY DATE

Kurt.J

Kurt.JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked Fantastic

As a individual who had problems with my last travel card through another company this Travel car came with no problems. I used this card in 13 countries and when I finished it was an easy process to close.

Side note, always look away at the reviews from private messages. Only trust reviews from Members!

Stevie890

Stevie890

Honestly I hesitated yet I tried and I was happy

Been from US and I would say I'm so glad I used it. I didn't withdraw from Atm , i used it to purchase on shops, resto and pay accom and there were no charges. Also i just transferred money from my savings to my travel card via online and it was so convenient and fast. Btw select credit if asked coz it is not savings. Hopefully it would work the same for all travellers going to other countries

Lisa D

Lisa DMelbourne

No issues at all with this card

I've been using this travel card for 6 years. I've traveled most of Asia and the USA with it. I've never had a problem in any country with it working. The exchange rate is ordinary but then most cards seem to have that issue. I try to avoid taking out cash anywhere and use eftpos/credit which keeps the fees down. I love the fact you can transfer money on to it instantly from the commbank app. Most of the others you have to wait several hours for your money to go onto the card. My daughter also has this card and has traveled extensively with no issues at all.

Great in Bali

It was my first time using this card and I didn't actually convert from AUD to IDR I let the atms do it for me! I would transfer from my everyday bank account to the travel account and left it AUD then just took it out of an ATM as I needed it. The only reason you need to convert it beforehand is to lock in a great rate. The ATM fees were $3.5 each time but that's not huge.
Will be using again for Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand this year, hopefully I can write a good review afterwards.

Mvik

Mvik

No worries.

We have used a number of travel cards over the years but this is the one we use all the time. We bank with Comm Bank so the ease of transfering money across instantly is great. No more being stuck for days waiting for money to transfer over. Have used it as a credit card and at ATM's throughout Europe, UAE, US and most recently in Vietnam with no problems.

Quickest and most efficient

I used the CBA travel card all over the states and through Canada and it couldn't have worked better. I am a commonwealth customer so I am able to transfer money through NetBank INSTANTLY which is a massive bonus compared to other travel products. The exchange rate was competitive to the current market and the fees were very minimal. Both friends and family love this product. Highly recommend!!!

Aussiegirl

AussiegirlSydney, NSW

Had no problems

J B

J BMelbourne

No problems. So easy to use...

We used this card as a back up card to our cash as we dont have a credit card. It was great we were able to use it for our hotel security bond and car rental security bond. Also if we didnt take enough money out with us for the day we used this card.
It was very easy to use and we werent charged any hidden fees.

Fantastic - the card did all the work for us.

The card(s) were issued to us through the CBA at Charlestown, NSW. Advice and information on its use was great and informative. We loaded it up with Aussie dollars and used it from Singapore and right throughout Europe. Cash withdrawals and card transactions were never an issue although the PIN number was only used for ATM withdrawals, although payment via the card, we had to sign for - not very secure as the signatures were never checked on the back of the card.

Amazing! I Am Happy :)

Honestly, it is very helpful. Just load Australian Dollar and use it as a normal card overseas. They usually exchange it automatically in current exchange rate and yah, spend overseas with no fees at all. So far I am really happy with the service. Thanks Tara from Auburn branch. :)

yogisummers

yogisummersMelbourne

Used these cards for a long time, always really happy!

I've had travel money cards for the last 5 years when traveling, from remote places like Tanzania to Italy, and I honestly couldn't travel without them. The fees are relatively low (in comparison to other banks) and I've never had a problem using them in an ATM

Kenobi

KenobiSydney

Good way of saving for my trip

I thought this card was super useful, I loaded the money on (GDP) for a couple of months before my trip - kinda like saving, but in a way that I know I won't touch since i can see it's defo GDP in my netbank! Using it was easy, since you get two cards I kept one card in my suitcase and one on me just in case I loose my purse (happens more often than i'd like!)

Also, i put a bit of aussie dollar on and used it at one of those expensive ATM's in multistory carparks/convenience stores and it didn't charge me like it would a normal card - not sure if it was a one off thing? But surprisingly useful when i ran out of available money on my debit card and my mobile was dead so i couldn't transfer money from my savings.

William O H.

William O H.Townsville

Can't understand the critics

Easy Peasy

I used CBA travel money card recently in northern Europe/Scandinavian and UAE without a problem easy at ATM's and great for purchases cafes/shops etc
I loaded with A$'s there were no charges for currency conversion.
Would highly recommend if you're traveling to many countries with different currencies.
Users critical of this card must work for opposition banks lol

Update:
All I can say is don't travel overseas if minor costs and charges bother you, it's a small price to pay for experiencing different cultures and countries.
Everything!
Nothing!!

I may have just been lucky but I was not charged "local" ATM fees anywhere and I went to slightly obscure countries like Latvia, Estonia etc

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card reviews