Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (0)
theloneranger1988

theloneranger1988Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Amazing !!

I've just returned from a 2 month trip to Europe during the height of COVID19 and if wasn't for this card i wouldn't have been able to do so much stuff in the limited amount of time that i had. In addition to that it's awesome for online shopping since there's no minimum charge and the transfers are instant.

Love it !!

oreillysmission01

oreillysmission01South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and effective

Strange to see so many poor reviews for this card - I have found it to be excellent through South America, Bali, Asia etc. I haven't had a single issue with it. Transferring funds is immediate on the app, and its nice and safe. Loading up with another currency, and withdrawing in that currency is a good idea to avoid extra fees.

I was only charged $3.50 for (ATM) cash withdrawals - pretty reasonable I thought. Beyond this card, its always good to have an international credit card (like 28 degrees) which can be used as back up.

you don't pay any transaction fee if you withdraw in the currency loaded on the card. I.e Load up with Euro, and withdraw in Euro and you will only pay with withdrawal fee.

AJ59

AJ59Geelong

No Problems at All

Having not travelled for 20 years I was not sure what the best option for money in Europe.
I finally decided on the CBA Money Card, glad I did as I had no issues at all.

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Don’t forget

Check your expiry date before travelling again and renew otherwise you’ll have to pay for the card again. After travelling for one month through Asia my wife had a Citi bank card which ended up being $50 better off and no cost for the card but Citibank isn’t available for all countries.
When you use travel money card at a restaurant you find yourself signing the receipt all the time instead of pin which becomes a bit annoying. Never had a problem getting cash just remember your slugged with a fee every time you use it at atms so limit withdrawals.

Alicia

AliciaPerth

Exactly what I needed

KirstenZ

KirstenZSydney

My experience with CBA travel card account.

Had EXACTLY the same thing happen with my account. It disappeared from my netbank app. 2nd Jan 2018 I'll be in the branch, and have had 3 days to get nice and angry. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CHECK YOUR EXPIRY DATE

Walton

WaltonRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Used this card in Spain and Portugal

Kurt.J

Kurt.JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked Fantastic

As a individual who had problems with my last travel card through another company this Travel car came with no problems. I used this card in 13 countries and when I finished it was an easy process to close.

Side note, always look away at the reviews from private messages. Only trust reviews from Members!

Traveller

TravellerDarling Downs, QLD

Be Careful

Card was very easy to use and performed well. However be aware that pin may not be accepted for goods and services and you will need to sign your docket and that your signature will not be checked which means do not lose your card. (used in Canada).

Stevie890

Stevie890

Honestly I hesitated yet I tried and I was happy

Been from US and I would say I'm so glad I used it. I didn't withdraw from Atm , i used it to purchase on shops, resto and pay accom and there were no charges. Also i just transferred money from my savings to my travel card via online and it was so convenient and fast. Btw select credit if asked coz it is not savings. Hopefully it would work the same for all travellers going to other countries

Lisa D

Lisa DMelbourne

No issues at all with this card

I've been using this travel card for 6 years. I've traveled most of Asia and the USA with it. I've never had a problem in any country with it working. The exchange rate is ordinary but then most cards seem to have that issue. I try to avoid taking out cash anywhere and use eftpos/credit which keeps the fees down. I love the fact you can transfer money on to it instantly from the commbank app. Most of the others you have to wait several hours for your money to go onto the card. My daughter also has this card and has traveled extensively with no issues at all.

Great in Bali

It was my first time using this card and I didn't actually convert from AUD to IDR I let the atms do it for me! I would transfer from my everyday bank account to the travel account and left it AUD then just took it out of an ATM as I needed it. The only reason you need to convert it beforehand is to lock in a great rate. The ATM fees were $3.5 each time but that's not huge.
Will be using again for Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand this year, hopefully I can write a good review afterwards.

Damo

DamoIndonesia

Average

Harold

Haroldmelbourne

Warning: you must be extremely scrupulous when using these cards!!!

Mvik

Mvik

No worries.

We have used a number of travel cards over the years but this is the one we use all the time. We bank with Comm Bank so the ease of transfering money across instantly is great. No more being stuck for days waiting for money to transfer over. Have used it as a credit card and at ATM's throughout Europe, UAE, US and most recently in Vietnam with no problems.

Quickest and most efficient

I used the CBA travel card all over the states and through Canada and it couldn't have worked better. I am a commonwealth customer so I am able to transfer money through NetBank INSTANTLY which is a massive bonus compared to other travel products. The exchange rate was competitive to the current market and the fees were very minimal. Both friends and family love this product. Highly recommend!!!

Aussiegirl

AussiegirlSydney, NSW

Had no problems

J B

J BMelbourne

No problems. So easy to use...

We used this card as a back up card to our cash as we dont have a credit card. It was great we were able to use it for our hotel security bond and car rental security bond. Also if we didnt take enough money out with us for the day we used this card.
It was very easy to use and we werent charged any hidden fees.

Insecure travel card

The travel card used in European Union was ok, however, it was compromised in South Africa. Thieves were able to get access to the information on the card, after it was used at an ATM, with a security guard at the bank. Card is still in my possession and they were able access the funds.

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card reviews