Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No
theloneranger1988

theloneranger1988Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely Amazing !!

I've just returned from a 2 month trip to Europe during the height of COVID19 and if wasn't for this card i wouldn't have been able to do so much stuff in the limited amount of time that i had. In addition to that it's awesome for online shopping since there's no minimum charge and the transfers are instant.

Love it !!

CurrencyEUR, GBP and USD
oreillysmission01

oreillysmission01South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and effective

Strange to see so many poor reviews for this card - I have found it to be excellent through South America, Bali, Asia etc. I haven't had a single issue with it. Transferring funds is immediate on the app, and its nice and safe. Loading up with another currency, and withdrawing in that currency is a good idea to avoid extra fees.

I was only charged $3.50 for (ATM) cash withdrawals - pretty reasonable I thought. Beyond this card, its always good to have an international credit card (like 28 degrees) which can be used as back up.

you don't pay any transaction fee if you withdraw in the currency loaded on the card. I.e Load up with Euro, and withdraw in Euro and you will only pay with withdrawal fee.

CurrencyAUD and EUR
AJ59

AJ59Geelong

No Problems at All

Having not travelled for 20 years I was not sure what the best option for money in Europe.
I finally decided on the CBA Money Card, glad I did as I had no issues at all.

CurrencyGBP and USD
Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card reviews

Javeria H.

Javeria H.asked

can we transfer money overseas (India) through travel money card by using money gram.

Kit Sheung Lai

Kit Sheung Laiasked

How to renew my travel money card with commonwealth bank while I’m overseas ? Do I have to be physically present in Australia in order to renew it? Is there any other way to renew it while I’m overseas?

Dorothy
Dorothy

Hi Kit. Check out all the reviews before you renew the card.

Noelia P.

Noelia P.asked

Hi, the card was used to withdraw $100 USD from an ATM in Walmart in Kentucky USA. Was charge $2.50USD by the Commonwealth , but then charged an additional $18.36 USD. So a $100USD withdrawl cost $20.86USD , About $30 AUS. Is this right? How do we avoid this.

John
John

It was probably a private ATM. Always use recognized banks. I would suggest only withdrawing when you need cash and don’t do this often. Use the cash card to pay for as many of your transactions as possible as there is no fee for payments.

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Money Card questions