Commonwealth Bank Questions & Answers

27 questions from our users

WELSLEY HUANG

WELSLEY HUANGasked

Online

l have a idea , l want to make an account , what material should l need to provide

2 meters of denim 4 rolls of cotton. & 6 sewing needles

Alex

Alexasked

Commonwealth Bank

Would like to talk to someone about early withdraw from super dew to my situation of financial hard ship had no income for 3 month

minni

You can talk someone if you contact the bank

badboy12121414

badboy12121414asked

Commonwealth Bank

Their currency exchange rates is way off the limit. Its more like a rip off, but a legal one. It feels like a joke.

Nicky G.

Nicky G.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why do you make it so hard to apply for the streamline basic account? why can't it be done online like everything else? I've recently had to cancel my contents insurance due to my financial situation and I get charged fees still even cancelling one day after it was debited, you charge fees for every little thing and make it so awkward for people to even know the streamline basic account exists!
It ridiculous the amount of fees I have been charged over the years not knowing an account option like this was even available. Not happy!

Choppa
Choppa

That's strange as I opened mine online does it come under transaction account maybe. I have had it with commbank I have cancelled all my accounts with them and so have all my family I recommend opening one with westpac they are all skilled and know what their doing commvank has no idea and their staff are hopeless

ask the bank

Fired Up

But I dont make it hard.

Debra Ratcliffe

Debra Ratcliffeasked

Online

How to log in to my updated app. I know the password but there is no log in button now.

ask the bank

Greg McDonalDasked

Commonwealth Bank

Just following up on my earlier post. I have made for attempts to repay outstanding arrears on four occasions but the bank refuses these offers. Now I am starting to think the bank actually wants the house which is one three acres with lake frontage; five bedrooms, pool, spa, six-car garage etc. I have had been told by several sources that banks often attempt to sell homes as mortgagee in possession situations to either resell at a profit or earmark for bank staff. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this sort of thing? I have also written to three bank representatives from the bank to ask if staff members get a kickback if they are successful in forcing a homeowner to sell up. I only got two replies from the three letters sent and both said there was no financial benefit. Should I believe that no one at the CBA bank would tell an untruth [cough].

Fired Up

Mortgagee sales can be quite cheap. When will it go on the market?
I pray your cough gets better soon.

Greg McDonalD

Have I been scammed; or is this really a reply from someone at the CBA?

john smith
john smith

the cba wont answer you here

eLIZABETH

eLIZABETHasked

Commonwealth Bank

Why don’t staff know what do do with a Bank Guarantee? I have been to 2 banks and they don’t have a clue how to process the paper work

Ask the bank

Lynn Whalley

Lynn Whalleyasked

Do I need a TFN to open an account. I’m a temporary resident

Ask the bank

Johnny K.
Johnny K.

No you don't but you get fees

chidiacmary19asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why is it you treat your customers with outright ignorance and make them feel they are begging when you have their money? All nice until you lure them in ad customers then chew them up and disregard them?

kathy

Because they dont care they use your funds to get high interest and give you lower interest hope the royal commision does its job on all the 4 leading low life banks that ripped customers off

chidiacmary19

Hear hear. With you on that Kathy.

Brad Stephen
Brad Stephen

Yea that didn't happen. All 4 banks gained $21b+ in share price 24 hours after the royal commission.

kathyasked

Commonwealth Bank

How do I remove all my money out of your banks you are a pack of thieves you make more interest on my money than your giving me

chidiacmary19

You probably won’t get a response to that question. Just look elsewhere. Credit unions are great and accomodating. Good luck

chidiacmary19asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why doesn’t the bank respect loyal long standing customers?
It’s shameful.

kathy

Because there not a loyal bank anymore they make billions of interest,and give the customer crap

chidiacmary19

Spot on! The banks are no longer worthy of “looking after the customer”. Looks like it’s credit union time!!

Danial raise

Danial raiseasked

Commonwealth Bank

Y Commonwealth Bank did with me fraud ????

Banking ombudsman.

kathyasked

Commonwealth Bank

So what bank did you get better service from as this bank is making more interest on my money than I'm receiving in my netbank?

Hugh N
Hugh N

I am not putting money into savings to earn interest. I am doing business with CBA in a number of ways: a salaried employee (personal account), manage my employer's CBA bank account and run my own business (business account and EFTPOS facility). They have good system but not people.

kathy

I put my money into netbank to get a good interest rate it has dropped from 2.25 to .50 percent interest I do all my banking through them but it's how there ripping off customers on there savings

brian

I'm seriously considering on changing to saint George bank or perhaps even a local credit union

Michelle P

Michelle Pasked

Commonwealth Bank

I have a refinance settlement date book. How long does it take to get funds? I have read and received conflicting answers. Whole process has taken months.

chidiacmary19

If you can get away with up to 50k, try society one. Money in account 24-48 hours after approval.

Tash

Tashasked

Commonwealth Bank

I have a Streamline Account,I tried to pay a bill and take out cash but declined so I just paid bill then cash out of ATM then received SMS Card cancelled someone accidentley deleted message from my phone can I use my card after 24 hours?

brian

You will likely have to contact the bank directly on telephone number : 132 221 or perhaps try going into your local Commonwealth bank branch

Lyneece P

Lyneece Pasked

Commonwealth Bank

Curious if anyone has a product called Rate Reducer on their mortgage. It is a discount valid for the life of the loan but no longer available to purchase. Just asking because every time my fixed rate term is up I have a monumental battle getting the discount reapplied.

chidiacmary19

Read the actual loan contract. Fine print. If you find they are actually doing you wrong, email the banking ombudsman. Lodge a complaint.

My Perspective

My Perspectiveasked

Commonwealth Bank

Anyone having problems with the Commbank Private Bank at the moment? Didn't have issues for a few years. All my requests were attended to promptly and transactions carried out in a timely manner. Recently I have not been able to even get my emails responded to. I have had to send several emails/reminders to have queries answered and have had no action on some issues although I have authorised certain transactions.

Craig B
Craig B

[email removed] His is my problem exactly. I had good service for years up until mid last year when I applied for a new home loan. I had smooth mortgage loan for my investment homes but this one has been a nightmare. I am currently waiting at a CBA branch at the moment. There were 5 staff at the entrance to greet me but I am am waiting for the past 10 mins to get someone to speak to me about my problem. I decided to come into the beachhead I didn't get any calls back from them for the past 2 weeks.

Len1010
Len1010

What can I say, I still have not heard back from their Com Bank complaints department other than an automated gibberish response claiming they tried to ring my mobile. In fact the complaint form clearly asked how I wished to be contacted and I put my home number in the form (We don't have Mobile Coverage at Home) I replied to their E-mail asking "What Mobile?" I have as this time not received any other communication from them, it's like they don't exist. my latest statement has not yet come also and it was due days ago! Com Bank Sux Full Stop!

VASMAN
VASMAN

It is unfortunate that yes I'm in the same scenario. The bank will ignore you. Then when you do communicate. They will push to get you annoyed and angry. Then once you get angry they will put onto another department to manage your account til they push you out with high rates and no service.

Up and until 2 years ago. They were the best. Now I think they are the bullies and the scum of the earth. Yes the royal commission was required. The only issue is I invested alot of $ in cba shares and now value is not where it used to be.

Cba bank is going down fast. I deal with westpac and I must say it's ok for the moment.

jennnnayyy

jennnnayyyasked

Commonwealth Bank

Anyone else having issues with incorrect charges on their cards and the bank not stopping it?
I used my card in Belconnen ACT at bunnings roughly 10 minutes later my card was used to pay for two seperate Uber trips in Sydney (I don't use uber) and a small charge of $1.70 in overseas in Florida. I check my online bank regularly so luckily I picked it up straight away, my mother and sister had the same experiences only they don't check as often so before they noticed unusual charges my mother had just over $100 taken but my sister had a few hundred missing. We checked all of our transactions and we live in different states the only thing we have in common is we are all with commonwealth bank. I feel like there has been a security breach they have not bothered to make us aware of as my sister was told when she rang to cancel her card that there were others that had called that day with the same issue.

brian

Perhaps you've used a Caltex petrol station or some store that had a cloning machine and they've placed a hidden camera to get your pin - it's similar to credit card fraud
Possibly you should consider getting another card and that should fix the problem

Nat
Nat

I had a CC fraud issue with CBA at the beginning of 2017. I had to have my card cancelled and they replaced it - PITA. But you would think when they know that certain websites are known for fraud that they mmight investigate and alert the customer?? The fact they refunded me the $900 (and over the years it was likely a WHOLE lot more, is the only good thing I can say about CBA.

chidiacmary19

I wouldn’t call it a good thing, the onus is on the bank to inform and he informed. After all that’s what we pay for, I thought anyway. Nothing is good about the banks, moreso the cba.

Pcarter19

Pcarter19asked

Commonwealth Bank

Are they legit as a lender?

brian

I've never borrowed any money but, made inquiries and they're interest rates are high.
I would instead recommend borrowing money from a building society

brian

Or another bank such as saint George or perhaps even try westpac bank

chidiacmary19

I’ve borrowed through Society One and would never look back. Customer service is impeccable, calls answered within 2-3 rings and they do what they say they will. Accommodating if you’re in a little bit is a mess one month and the interest rates are the most competitive I found. The days of banks are numbered!

Jeunesse Craneasked

Commonwealth Bank

can i deposit cash into a commonwealth account without the card in a branch?

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

During open hours, yes if course. If after hours likely card will be needed.

Jeunesse Crane

wow it only took a month to answer this question, glad they weren't dieing waiting for the money

brian

If you've got sufficient identification - yes however, these mob are sneaky so I would recommend to get a receipt