Commonwealth Bank Questions & Answers

1.7 from 1,417 reviews

32 questions from our users

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Frankasked

Commonwealth Bank

The online banking system is a joke... cannot search for past payment details, have to go through all transactions line by line. cannot believe such shxt system still exist in 2020

alan

I can search online banking on my commonwealth account for past payment details just by simply putting in the date i want to search. I have never had a problem

Frank

Their online search says we can search by

1.Using only the last 3 digits of a mobile number - not everyone use payID (mobile number) for payment
2.Using only a first name or a last name - not working
3.Using only the last 4 digits of an account number -not working

As a business account, we have lots of suppliers and cannot/should not rely on remembering each payment's date. What they should have is to click a supplier and search all payment in the past certain time frame, e.g. if I click AGL and search for all transaction in last say.. 365 day, I should get all my past payment (within 165 days) to AGL, rather than click in March/June/Sep/Dec. to search for all the payment details, it is even slower than download all data in excel file and apply a filter.

Commonwealth Bank

Have you all done your research on other banks for better interest on your savings and term deposits ,i have

sam
sam

so what did you find out

kathy

I found out there's better options out there,not from the four big banks,7months term deposit at 1.45 and many more offers,search Google,for better interest on term deposits, and savings,you will be surprised

WELSLEY HUANG

WELSLEY HUANGasked

Online

l have a idea , l want to make an account , what material should l need to provide

2 meters of denim 4 rolls of cotton. & 6 sewing needles

Alex

Alexasked

Commonwealth Bank

Would like to talk to someone about early withdraw from super dew to my situation of financial hard ship had no income for 3 month

minni

You can talk someone if you contact the bank

badboy12121414

badboy12121414asked

Commonwealth Bank

Their currency exchange rates is way off the limit. Its more like a rip off, but a legal one. It feels like a joke.

Nicky G.

Nicky G.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why do you make it so hard to apply for the streamline basic account? why can't it be done online like everything else? I've recently had to cancel my contents insurance due to my financial situation and I get charged fees still even cancelling one day after it was debited, you charge fees for every little thing and make it so awkward for people to even know the streamline basic account exists!
It ridiculous the amount of fees I have been charged over the years not knowing an account option like this was even available. Not happy!

Choppa
Choppa

That's strange as I opened mine online does it come under transaction account maybe. I have had it with commbank I have cancelled all my accounts with them and so have all my family I recommend opening one with westpac they are all skilled and know what their doing commvank has no idea and their staff are hopeless

ask the bank

Fired Up

But I dont make it hard.

Debra Ratcliffe

Debra Ratcliffeasked

Online

How to log in to my updated app. I know the password but there is no log in button now.

ask the bank

Greg McDonalDasked

Commonwealth Bank

Just following up on my earlier post. I have made for attempts to repay outstanding arrears on four occasions but the bank refuses these offers. Now I am starting to think the bank actually wants the house which is one three acres with lake frontage; five bedrooms, pool, spa, six-car garage etc. I have had been told by several sources that banks often attempt to sell homes as mortgagee in possession situations to either resell at a profit or earmark for bank staff. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of this sort of thing? I have also written to three bank representatives from the bank to ask if staff members get a kickback if they are successful in forcing a homeowner to sell up. I only got two replies from the three letters sent and both said there was no financial benefit. Should I believe that no one at the CBA bank would tell an untruth [cough].

Fired Up

Mortgagee sales can be quite cheap. When will it go on the market?
I pray your cough gets better soon.

Greg McDonalD

Have I been scammed; or is this really a reply from someone at the CBA?

john smith
john smith

the cba wont answer you here

eLIZABETH

eLIZABETHasked

Commonwealth Bank

Why don’t staff know what do do with a Bank Guarantee? I have been to 2 banks and they don’t have a clue how to process the paper work

Ask the bank

Lynn Whalley

Lynn Whalleyasked

Do I need a TFN to open an account. I’m a temporary resident

Ask the bank

Johnny K.
Johnny K.

No you don't but you get fees

chidiacmary19asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why is it you treat your customers with outright ignorance and make them feel they are begging when you have their money? All nice until you lure them in ad customers then chew them up and disregard them?

kathy

Because they dont care they use your funds to get high interest and give you lower interest hope the royal commision does its job on all the 4 leading low life banks that ripped customers off

chidiacmary19

Hear hear. With you on that Kathy.

Brad Stephen
Brad Stephen

Yea that didn't happen. All 4 banks gained $21b+ in share price 24 hours after the royal commission.

Commonwealth Bank

How do I remove all my money out of your banks you are a pack of thieves you make more interest on my money than your giving me

chidiacmary19

You probably won’t get a response to that question. Just look elsewhere. Credit unions are great and accomodating. Good luck

chidiacmary19asked

Commonwealth Bank

Why doesn’t the bank respect loyal long standing customers?
It’s shameful.

kathy

Because there not a loyal bank anymore they make billions of interest,and give the customer crap

chidiacmary19

Spot on! The banks are no longer worthy of “looking after the customer”. Looks like it’s credit union time!!

Danial raise

Danial raiseasked

Commonwealth Bank

Y Commonwealth Bank did with me fraud ????

Banking ombudsman.

Commonwealth Bank

So what bank did you get better service from as this bank is making more interest on my money than I'm receiving in my netbank?

Hugh N
Hugh N

I am not putting money into savings to earn interest. I am doing business with CBA in a number of ways: a salaried employee (personal account), manage my employer's CBA bank account and run my own business (business account and EFTPOS facility). They have good system but not people.

kathy

I put my money into netbank to get a good interest rate it has dropped from 2.25 to .50 percent interest I do all my banking through them but it's how there ripping off customers on there savings

brian

I'm seriously considering on changing to saint George bank or perhaps even a local credit union

Michelle P

Michelle Pasked

Commonwealth Bank

I have a refinance settlement date book. How long does it take to get funds? I have read and received conflicting answers. Whole process has taken months.

chidiacmary19

If you can get away with up to 50k, try society one. Money in account 24-48 hours after approval.

Tash

Tashasked

Commonwealth Bank

I have a Streamline Account,I tried to pay a bill and take out cash but declined so I just paid bill then cash out of ATM then received SMS Card cancelled someone accidentley deleted message from my phone can I use my card after 24 hours?

brian

You will likely have to contact the bank directly on telephone number : 132 221 or perhaps try going into your local Commonwealth bank branch

Other Banks