Online, Branches

1.3

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

SO BAD.DISGRACEFUL

If you want the following:-

Shocking rude customer service
Incompetence
Unable to contact them

Then the CAN bank will provide it.

They are probably the worst banking institution I have ever dealt with. How they have any customers is beyond me.

Patric P.

Patric P.Perth, WA

Tyrants

Shan

ShanPerth, WA

Terrible customer service and complaints handling

Contacted commonwealth as credit inquiries on my credit file under my maiden name, proof I didn’t make it, they stated was branch error but still will not remove them! Terrible customer complaints service to deal with

TopicCredit Card Application and Loan Application

Navid S

Navid SSydney

Horrible business banking practices

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Jdm

Jdm

Wish I could give them 0

Took them 3 weeks to do something that should of taken 3 min. Then under charged me and threatened me because I owed them money. Absolute bunch of clowns. Also spent 45min on the phone while I got transferred through 4 sets of hands. Definitely wouldn’t recommend

0 compassion and Rude staff

They cancel my financial hardship and start the collection of my credit card debt even when I'm paying the repayments. The worst bank in Australia. I lost my Job and they don't help.

cathy_healy

cathy_healySouth East Queensland, QLD

Shame on you Commonwealth bank

I have been with this bank 26 yrs and have never asked for any help until now during covid 19 They said I am over committed so will cancel my cards if I ask for a deferral of 2 months at 9 %.
Shame on you, Westpac is a much better bank who actually helps.

Nikolay

NikolayBelconnen 2617, ACT

Will not bother calling them again

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Credit Card Team- Hopeless Financial Assistance Team Hopeless

Had two loans with this bank, personal and car, paid off both about a week ago and they cancelled a credit card without leniency because of me not meeting their minimum requirements in repayments, despite both loans being paid off early, and not being at the limit of the card.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

weziskewl

weziskewlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I can only assume whoever gave you give stars was offered incentives or brain damaged

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
Chris A.

Chris A.South East Queensland, QLD

Still on hold... Has been over 2.5 hours...

Irvan N.

Irvan N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

1hour waiting on the phone

After 1 hour waiting on the phone I need to leave this feedback, thanks for your patience, is there any way they know how long people have been waiting. Ooh I went to branch in Melb and was told cannot serve me, just call. My credit limit application has been delayed, details of my banking is within Commbank and nobody even bother follow up, 20 years now with u I can tell it getting worse.

J.S

J.Ssydney

Credit Card Greed

Had a credit card for $4000 with CBA. Paid it off after bad experience with their excessive force over chasing a missed payment . The staff are trained to simply collect immediately any missed payment regardless of reason or situation. Its all about the money for them and nothing else. There was another 9 cents applied as interest after I paid out the card and I have been receiving collection letters ever since in the mail for this 9 cents.

Mez

MezGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nearly 4 months to receive credit cards!!!!!

The company has been with the bank for many years, there has been a merger and we have been waiting to receive the new company credit cards for nearly 4 months - started the process in November 2019. There is no reason why this is taking sooo long all entities have been successfully identified and verified. I would suggest we move to another bank but I am not the only person involved. This is ridiculous that a company is being limited and controlled by the ineptitude of the team putting this process together.

Kinjal

KinjalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

very poor online service.

i am with bank more than 10 years and this bank can not increase your credit limit.they can not identifiy over the phone and you need to go to bank to identified your self and waiting time in bank is 1 hour and branch is 30 minits far.so just identified your self you need to go to bank.such a time wasting opinion.

LJG

LJGDuffy 2611, ACT

Hard to Contact

So far over 2 hours on hold on multiple phone calls, they assume I have infinate time to waste waiting for them. Website forms don't work which is why I have to call, the message says to call back later because they have a lot of calls (this is a standard message I have received when I have called back 3 times and waiting on hold for 30 + minutes each time without getting through to anyone. No call back facility.

Just dumb, and they charge you if you go into a branch to get anything done!

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and New Account

Hire some call centre staff you please

Waited over an hour and no answer just hopeless service. Someone go out and hire some more staff please please please and I own comm shares will be happy with less profit and more service.

Vietnamese

VietnameseSydney, NSW

Always better to deal with CBA than other banks

I have been with CBA over 16 years. Good and bad experiences i have gone through but at the end they tried to improve it. To compare with other banks, it is way better in term of services, a number of the branches around Australia. I have met many home loan specialists from CBA, some goods and some inexperienced but least they always have specialists available. I had bad experiences with NAB and ANZ. They are quite limited with services compared to CBA. I sold one of my properties because i wanted to release the mortgage with NAB.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Adam M.

Adam M.Sydney, NSW

Long wait times

Stuck on hold for an hour, terrible! For such a simple request I can't do online, they either need online chat or better service, should never sit on hold this long

Moe

MoeSydney, NSW

Slow credit card limit increase application

Been over 3 weeks for a credit card limit increase.
Back and forth providing extra information.
Takes over 3 days to verify each document.
Called 3 times and had to wait an hour each time.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks