Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,414 reviews

1.4

Gillian R.

Gillian R.South East Queensland, QLD

Long wait with staff appearing to do nothing

They have 1.7 stars only because you have to give them one to comment ... time a bank this size got organised and looked after its clients moving my $1.50 to another bank

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Milan Stajic

Milan StajicOfficer

thety dont care about loyal customers.

After 6 years business banking i decided to move on and give my business to anz, terrible personal bankers, I was awarded with personal banker recently and she is the reason i am moving on. unefficient, slow and terrible people skills. If you come across Chelsea Laing run away or else you will suffer.
so We done 6 years with CBA - experience ok average big bank and 1 month with personal banker Chelsea - terrible experience we are out in less then 30days

TopicBusiness Banking

Terrible service, much better go with NAB. So disappointed to have had CommBank for all this time.

- 6.5years
- normal easy bank and app to use, but nothing special and never help when really needed
- customer service and dispute centre one of the worst ever.

Stay away from them.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Cher

CherSydney, NSW

Carnes Hill Excellent Service

I have been with the Commonwealth Bank for over 40 years personally and do the banking every week for work at the Carnes Hill Branch.
I am so happy with the service and the staff are professional but also very caring, nothing is a trouble for them.
I have been in the bank when a customer has shown anger because there has been a line and the bank is very busy, I can only commend the staff on the way they treat some customers even while they are being verbally abused. I must name Lynette, Michelle and Donna on their excellent service, and thank them for being so caring. Cheryl.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions
Joe

JoeMid North Coast, NSW

Worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I became a Commonwealth customer when I became Power of Attorney for my Father and later executor of his will. EVERY SINGLE undertaking the bank has given me has been broken, even to the extent of a Branch Manager not showing up to an appointment that he personally requested. It took them four attempts to get Netbank to work and they have given numerous lots of conflicting and erroneous advice about what I could use the account for. They told me there would be no fees and the very first statement included fees. I wasted hours getting them to reverse the fees and next month there was a fee for the transaction in which they refunded the first lot of erroneous fees! I can't wait to finish with them.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Brent Andrew

Brent AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Losing documents

I have had information lost at the bank I have given information to the bank to ring back and the bank know nothing about the call or info given. Now I have had 2 deductions from my account that are unauthorized deductions 1 is in dispute the other I was told bad luck you lost your money. Rang the bank today I told them that I was taking it to the Ombudsman to look in to this matter. O’no so sorry for telling you that,and now they are looking in to this matter. Why do you have to engage the ombudsman to get things moving. Now the bank is looking it to it again been with them for 18 months

Verra

VerraSydney, NSW

Opening an account.

I have been with commbank maybe 10 years. Commbank is not reliable at all. Came to campsie branch to open an account yesterday. After 1 1/2hours couldn’t open it. Because my passport photo n licence photo doesn’t look the same. Because picachu knows better. Pls tell me if your photo from your passport 10 years ago and 3 years ago would it be the same?? No Commbank.

TopicBusiness Banking

CBA to change to name to cant be bothered CBB.

The CBA have been processing my loan for 6 months now and once everything is all said and done i will be taking my portfolio which is worth a lot of money elsewhere

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
Navid S

Navid SSydney

Horrible business banking practices

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

George

George

Treatment of existing customers

Have been with the bank for over thirty years and its perplexing as to how they offer new customers better investment home loans deals than existing customers. With my investment home loans they kept increasing the interest rate without any movement from the RBA - claiming it's guidance from some sort of government dept.

Business banking

Get with the times and allow electronic signing, there’s plenty of certified platforms and other banks have rolled it out. There’s a pandemic and there are restrictions, yet businesses are expected to get signatures hand signed in person.

Jdm

Jdm

Wish I could give them 0

Took them 3 weeks to do something that should of taken 3 min. Then under charged me and threatened me because I owed them money. Absolute bunch of clowns. Also spent 45min on the phone while I got transferred through 4 sets of hands. Definitely wouldn’t recommend

myredcar

myredcarSouth East Queensland, QLD

It works and then doesn't work

I tried to transfer some money to my teenager, I use an iPhone 7 with a Telstra business sim within direct line of site of a Telstra Tower not 2km from a capital city CBD. Every other app worked fine, I could not log on with my thumb print, nor my access code. An hour later, Commbank returned my call and asked me to delete the app and reinstall. What the hell? It should be fixed from the back end by the developers, I should not have to waste half an hour of my time to delete and reinstall and then reinstall security settings. No happy at all.

TopicBusiness Banking

I will be cancelling my account with commonwealth as soon as I get my money back

steve

steveSydney, NSW

I feel betrayed

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Credit Card Team- Hopeless Financial Assistance Team Hopeless

Had two loans with this bank, personal and car, paid off both about a week ago and they cancelled a credit card without leniency because of me not meeting their minimum requirements in repayments, despite both loans being paid off early, and not being at the limit of the card.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions
cavok76

cavok76South East Queensland, QLD

Useless at every turn

Banker with their products for 30 years, had business accounts for 3. You cannot trust this bank to provide a basic level of consistent Service. In this connected age they will block debit card transactions with fully funded accounts and not let you know until you find out from the merchant it did not work. No apologies. Want to make a complaint, person/department you make the complaint about will take the details. In a word, USELESS.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

MONEY HUNGRY, don't care about customers

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

No customer service, no help whatsoever. People please go nab or westpac .

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

How long is a piece of string? The time it takes CBA to answer your call.

I have been with the bank for 30 years and after waiting for 4 hours and 20 minutes I have managed to finish 3 loads of washing, cleaned the house and still no one has answered my call. If the CBA call centre is closed how about changing your message instead of apologising and telling me I’m in the queue and staff are busy on other calls. There are Australians out there that have lost their jobs. How about employing and training them up as new staff members to take the calls!

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks