Online, Branches

KAP2034

KAP2034Sydney, NSW

Commbank is a Failure

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application

Very bad Pending service.

Been with comm bank over 20 years. If you tap and pay or pay by PayPal or Afterpay, the money sits in Pending for over a week and then overdraws your account. Other banks like ING and ANZ take it out of your funds straight away so you are aware of what your spending. Then comm bank will charge you $15 overdrawn fee which is more charge then things your actually spending. I have no made the switch to ANZ and couldn’t be more happier.

Jeff Beaumont

Jeff BeaumontPerth, WA

A Bank that Cares

I recently experienced frustration with Apple billing my card even though a subscription was cancelled. Plus the card was locked for online payments but Apple it seems store your card and process it as a store transaction. Not good. Anyway, being under financial pressure I was delighted that Comm Bank refunded some of my transactions fees to assist me! So big shout out to a Bank staff member who took the time to help. Cheers Cameron!!

Penny

PennyPerth, WA

Warning mobile transfer

I recently transferred funds on CBA app using mobile Pay ID. I checked number that I was transferring to and it was correct. Transferred funds and it was never received at other end. CBA did a trace and said funds went to an Adelaide Bendigo Bank but we're not recoverable. I relied on the CBA transfer app to transfer fund securely. CBA has refused to help, simply suggesting that I seek legal advice.

Syed A.

Syed A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

4+ years of banking, no complains. Topnotch customer service.

Commbank was the first Aussie bank I opened an account with when I came here 4 years back. I've had other bank on and off, but have never left commbank - for good reasons.

Their customer service is absolutely fantastic - in branch and online!

I recently had a fraudulent transaction on my account by a shipping company that I had never even heard of. I called Commbank customer service and the person on the other end was super helpful! They not only filed a fraud report straightaway but also offered me to cancel my debit card and send a new one. Of course, I gladly availed the offer.

I got a new card AND Commbank reversed the fraudulent transaction. So I had the money back in my account within 4 days after filing the complaint.

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

SO BAD.DISGRACEFUL

If you want the following:-

Shocking rude customer service
Incompetence
Unable to contact them

Then the CAN bank will provide it.

They are probably the worst banking institution I have ever dealt with. How they have any customers is beyond me.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Gillian R.

Gillian R.South East Queensland, QLD

Long wait with staff appearing to do nothing

They have 1.7 stars only because you have to give them one to comment ... time a bank this size got organised and looked after its clients moving my $1.50 to another bank

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Anastasia P.

Anastasia P.

Protect Criminals!

We accidentally transferred $2135.00 into a CBA account by mistake on 9th July, yet the bank is unable to return our money and worse protect the criminal by saying that they haven't responded and it's all a privacy act. Absolute Joke!!! If it was their money it would be a different story.

Bad customer service

Customer service not helpful at all
They are rude
Instead solve the probe they want you leave your job go to them waste your time
Why you have online service if you don’t want solve the probe

Karen C.

Karen C.Sydney, NSW

Too busy for me

I have been with the Commonwealth bank for over 45 years. Always such a brilliant place to bank. Not anymore for me. They are always too busy. I have had an EFTPOS card that needs to be activated. I have been trying very diligently to get some help to do this. No online banking - due to somebody having fun with my card in USA - not me! I won't be staying with the Commonwealth Bank - I just can't get any satisfaction or assistance. I can't wait to start with my new bank!!!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Terrible service, much better go with NAB. So disappointed to have had CommBank for all this time.

- 6.5years
- normal easy bank and app to use, but nothing special and never help when really needed
- customer service and dispute centre one of the worst ever.

Stay away from them.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Cher

CherSydney, NSW

Carnes Hill Excellent Service

I have been with the Commonwealth Bank for over 40 years personally and do the banking every week for work at the Carnes Hill Branch.
I am so happy with the service and the staff are professional but also very caring, nothing is a trouble for them.
I have been in the bank when a customer has shown anger because there has been a line and the bank is very busy, I can only commend the staff on the way they treat some customers even while they are being verbally abused. I must name Lynette, Michelle and Donna on their excellent service, and thank them for being so caring. Cheryl.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions
Laz

LazSydney, NSW

No limit on overdrawing overdrawing on over draw charges

I've being with Commonwealth bank for a great number of years and service is average but, dam lately their fees on overdrawing fees have fees on top of the fee with another fee on top of those other two fees which comes with another fee ...even during this pandemic Commonwealth bank shows no mercy to its clients.... Watch out if you don't have much money be careful Commonwealth bank and their over drawing fees are severe in the last two month alone I've being a victim hit about 4/5 times that's averaging $15 on a overdrawing fee with a fee on the overdrawing fee by the way

Patrick

PatrickSydney, NSW

On hold for too long

I have been trying to call CBA for closing my personal loan account now that I've fully paid them off. I have been on hold for too long just asking for a closure letter. 5 times in a week. There was once someone answered the phone but she had to transfer me to another person, but got cut off. SO BLOOODY ANNOYING!!!! Had to wait hours and hours again to get in touch with a staff! I just needed that BLOODY CLOSURE LETTER!!! Just send the bloody thing! my goodness!!!

Horrible!

I have been with commonwealth bank for over years now. The customer service has been on and off, but that's predominantly due to the poor customer service teams. This bank is not reliable, they won't tell you when your credit card intrest rate is due, they wait so they can charge you extra.

They show no empathy or care when you are behind in payments, they won't even tell you that you are behind they wait till it gets to collections. Dealing with comm bank is like being served by rich selfish un emotional robots.

They don't care about you, they just want to take as much money from you as they possibly can.

Strongly advise to stay away.

Joe

JoeMid North Coast, NSW

Worst bank I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I became a Commonwealth customer when I became Power of Attorney for my Father and later executor of his will. EVERY SINGLE undertaking the bank has given me has been broken, even to the extent of a Branch Manager not showing up to an appointment that he personally requested. It took them four attempts to get Netbank to work and they have given numerous lots of conflicting and erroneous advice about what I could use the account for. They told me there would be no fees and the very first statement included fees. I wasted hours getting them to reverse the fees and next month there was a fee for the transaction in which they refunded the first lot of erroneous fees! I can't wait to finish with them.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

account closure

they have decided to close all accounts ,as they dont make enough money from me, im in 100k credit and dont owe anything to them, dont do business with this bank, this is how they repay loyalty.

J.h

J.hGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling wait times

I called at 8pm at night and having been waiting now for over an hour to get a simple pay out figure for my personal loan - something that cannot be done online. CBA desperately needs to hire more phone staff. Appalling.

Been waiting on hold for 2 and 1/2 hours to speak to someone

Was told at the beginning of the call it would be 90 minutes, now 2 and half hours later still no answer.
Went on Netbank like directed but the robot told me to speak to a human.
With the profit that was just advised this week why cant you get call centre staff to speak to your customers.
Received a letter and was told my overdraft interest rate is being increased and to speak to someone about it… if you are going to send these letters then have someone to take the call in a reasonable time... absolutely disgusting!!!!

Adriana

Adriana

Excellent bank

I have been With The bank for 20 years. Very reliable bank, helpful, excellent customer service specially over the phone from customer service representatives to manager all very professional and friendly. Highly highly recommended.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks