Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank (page 2 of 71)

Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,414 reviews

1.7

1,414 reviews

J.h

J.hGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling wait times

I called at 8pm at night and having been waiting now for over an hour to get a simple pay out figure for my personal loan - something that cannot be done online. CBA desperately needs to hire more phone staff. Appalling.

Switching banks

As a customer myself I opened an account for my son, 8 weeks later still no card. When asked the first time they said they would re send another card, another 3 weeks passed so called again to be told oh they just aren't sending out cards now you'll have to go into a branch and get it sent there?! How about we just switch banks, bye. Terrible service

TopicNew Account
Verra

VerraSydney, NSW

Opening an account.

I have been with commbank maybe 10 years. Commbank is not reliable at all. Came to campsie branch to open an account yesterday. After 1 1/2hours couldn’t open it. Because my passport photo n licence photo doesn’t look the same. Because picachu knows better. Pls tell me if your photo from your passport 10 years ago and 3 years ago would it be the same?? No Commbank.

TopicBusiness Banking

Been waiting on hold for 2 and 1/2 hours to speak to someone

Was told at the beginning of the call it would be 90 minutes, now 2 and half hours later still no answer.
Went on Netbank like directed but the robot told me to speak to a human.
With the profit that was just advised this week why cant you get call centre staff to speak to your customers.
Received a letter and was told my overdraft interest rate is being increased and to speak to someone about it… if you are going to send these letters then have someone to take the call in a reasonable time... absolutely disgusting!!!!

Adriana

Adriana

Excellent bank

I have been With The bank for 20 years. Very reliable bank, helpful, excellent customer service specially over the phone from customer service representatives to manager all very professional and friendly. Highly highly recommended.

Stevo24

Stevo24Queensland, 4000

Sorry for your delay permanently

Every time I try to communicate with a human at the CBA with queries that can not be sorted online or with their online robot or any other means I have to answer about 20 questions before I get the opportunity to go on hold for a ridiculously long time only to be told each and every time we can not help you over the phone you will need to go to a branch, even for the simplest of things! it's amazing! if I had a branch near by I would except the nearest branch is an hours drive away! and you keep closing branches! bunch of idiots.

TopicGeneral Transactions

CBA to change to name to cant be bothered CBB.

The CBA have been processing my loan for 6 months now and once everything is all said and done i will be taking my portfolio which is worth a lot of money elsewhere

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
The B.

The B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Questionable

Allen commenting is accurate. The Cba treats people with disorders very poorly.

The Cba do make errors but they will always blame you for them...and sometimes charge you for them too.

Allen

AllenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cba Aggressive uncaring Bully Boys

Neo

NeoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Commonwealth Bank always having technical issues

Very unreliable bank. Always having technical issues preventing you from being able to access online banking. When they have issues, your bank cards also do not work. Could be ready to pay for shopping and your card will decline not due to insufficient funds but because the bank is having technical issues. Very bad and embarrassing especially at a time like this too, we are in lockdown and on curfew, if we need food before closing and cannot pay for it due to the banks error, we go without food. Terrible bank.

Online Banking

I have been with Commonwealth bank all my life, but after this bad experience I would have to think twice... I had $500 clearly in my account, but suddenly it disappeared. Yes i do buy online products heaps, but Everytime I made a purchased, very clearly my money will be deducted from my account pretty much immediately. Even though it is on pending, it never came back to my account with one of the staffs tells me. What they were saying was because it's on pending the merchandise company have charge me 3 weeks later. That's why my $500 has disappeared. If so than where is my money from before gone to???? Which they cannot explained.... They would not take a minute to check out this issue further for me...

Navid S

Navid SSydney

Horrible business banking practices

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
George

George

Treatment of existing customers

Have been with the bank for over thirty years and its perplexing as to how they offer new customers better investment home loans deals than existing customers. With my investment home loans they kept increasing the interest rate without any movement from the RBA - claiming it's guidance from some sort of government dept.

TopicBusiness Banking

Business banking

Get with the times and allow electronic signing, there’s plenty of certified platforms and other banks have rolled it out. There’s a pandemic and there are restrictions, yet businesses are expected to get signatures hand signed in person.

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

Commbank Sucks

Worst. bank ever if there’s an emergency to get money to people and you can’t because of this 1st transaction garbage it’s utter crap you should be able to do whatever you like with your damn money dislike this putrid bank with a passion

Find out how Commonwealth Bank compares to other Banks

Excellent service mobile loan manager Chris

After a terrible experience with st George loan manager a quick decision to try the commonwealth bank paid off as Chris saved the day. Chris was extremely helpful willing to assist and answer emails and calls at any time. He is also very knowledgeable in providing accurate information. I received amazing support from Chris being that im a first home buyer he made the experience stress free and pleasant to deal with. I received approval within 4 days (oppose to st George over a week and they were still asking for me to provide more information) I would highly recommend all to speak with Chris from Commonwealth bank

TopicLoan Application
Shaun

ShaunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great mobile app

I have been using commonwealth mobile app for years, easy to use, with a lot of useful features, seeing it was developed from a bare application to its current state makes me believe it will be even better in the future!

Srinivas

SrinivasIllawarra, NSW

HAPPY CUSTOMER

1 yr with the bank and am ok with the products. The phone service and in branch service was good. My mortgage lender did a good job in making sure the process was pain free. Decent rstes , not the best in the market , hut def best any CBA cust could get.
The only issue i had was with the credit card disputes team due to which i moved my credit card to Macquarie.
Otherwise would have given a 5 , if card service was good.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Absolutely Appalling Treatment!

TopicLoan Application
Amie

AmieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great customer service

I have been with this bank for 30 years plus. My recent customer service Team was friendly, helpful and Professional. They even expressed gratitude to my loyalty with them. It made me feel good.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks