Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank (page 3 of 84)

Online, Branches

Karen

KarenPerth, WA

Disgusting!

WORST BANK EVER! I will be removing my mortgage and savings in September when my fixed rate expires! We are exemplary clients but they do NOT look after their existing clients!

Michael

MichaelAU

CBA stole my cash deposit and are now refusing to return my calls

A few days ago I deposited $50 with the CBA branch in Rosanna and the money has vanished into thin air. I have left 5 voicemail messages with the branch and been promised I would receive a return call by close of business each day. I have not received one return call.

My belief is that staff at the branch stole my money and I believe this is substantiated as they are refusing to return my calls and explain what took place or provide me with my funds.

gold coast lady

gold coast ladyGold Coast

What customer service

CBA used to be good around 1 year ago and then things start to change. I called last Saturday at 5pm and the hold was 2 hours. I called Monday at 9am and the wait was 1 hour. I called today at 745am and it was a 30 minute wait. As a business owner who has the time to wait. I spoke to a team leader who advised we are training more staff but the wait times wont improve until March or April. I suggested they set up a chat on line where consultants can perform everday banking instead of calling. I was advised there is no timeframe for this. CBA please get with the times and I hope your CEO is reading this

Donna K

Donna KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Australian Bank

I have moved all my banking elsewhere due to some dreadful branch experiences and unwarranted rude treatment by staff
Worst bank ever!!
High fees and dreadful service!
0 stars out of 10

They steal from the poor and give to the rich

BE CAREFUL!
#If you have a savings account you need to put in $2000 per month in order to not be charged fees monthly. They don't tell you they just take your money.
# if you take money out from the counter instead of the machine they charge you fees without telling you and then when they refund it they make it seem like they are doing you favor
# they will take fees for any reason and then find a way not to give it back even though it is their fault.
# don't trust them even if they seem nice and friendly.
# this bank is the worst bank for people who have low income or on Centrelink

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst service of any company I’ve ever dealt with. 2+ hour wait times - and you can’t do a lot online so forced to call

You can’t do a lot online so you’re forced to call up. The wait times have consistently been 2+ hours the past year and there’s been no attempt to make thing easier / better for customers (eg getting a call back rather than having to wait on hold). Absolute joke.

Scott

ScottGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zero customer service via telephone

The CBA has taken the title of the worst customer service in Australia when it comes to on-hold times to get through to them over the phone. I have tried 4 times so far tonight. Calls on hold of 75mins, 50mins, 40mins and 35 mins... and not one of them has been answered before I have had to hang up. It is a disgrace... especially as the CBA and their CEO continue to talk about how their focus is on customer service. The bank promotes that all their call centres are in Australia.... yet this is the service they deliver... that being the case, I'd prefer them to at least move a few call centres overseas so I can actually get through to a person in under 30 minutes just for a change!!!!!!!!

Worst customer service, worst phone banking service!!!

Being with commbank 13 yes. Service has gone from bad to worst beyond words! They have the cheek to ask customers to hold for 2hrs on phone banking unbelievable! Spoken to one of them finally and she promised to call back after 2 days to resolve the issues but never call back. Too bad I can't give a rating of -ve 1000!

sonia s.

sonia s.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Took my money

Went to the Glenroy branch and tried to deposit a few hundred dollars using their machines. It took my money and didn't deposit into my account.. this was on a Friday night. The branch was closed all weekend so I had to wait until Monday to go in. Didn't receive any apology for the inconvenience caused or anything.. too bad if it was the only money I had. Don't use the cash deposit machines!!!!

Daniel M.

Daniel M.Sydney, NSW

When you want to open an account they run but then they don't give a damn

The worst customer service support. Over an hour on the phone. The worst banking experience. Don't go with them. When you want to open a service they run for you and are so efficient but then they are the worst.

Call centre waiting times

7 y customer. Trying to dispute a transaction made in Italy. 1st call could not resolve, transaction pending. 2nd call on hold for 72min. 3rd call on hold 56min after getting cut off. 4th call wait time 2hr. My issue is still not resolved. Should have chosen another bank. I do not have space to mention the other problems I had or the rude customer service representatives I dealt with.

Amazing customer service!

Hi guys, I need to give an amazing review for Rebecca in Newcastle! She was beyond helpful and lovely this morning. She went above and beyond for me and did more than I was expecting. She deserves a raise! Thank you

PRADEEP SINGH P.

PRADEEP SINGH P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Rude People

Very Rude Customer service at door and then from desk also as I want to open a small business account but she was rude and asked me why you want to open account in this bank and go to your other bank where you are doing your personal banking. Why commonwealth bank doing promotions about their products when people who are face of the bank doesn't want to sell it. my review is minus 5

Sly fees still in place

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Crap experience all-round - Avoid at all costs

Nothing works... waste of time and money. I, unfortunately, use them for business and there are always issues... avoid at all coats... any other bank is better than the CB-fricken-A.

Cooly88

Cooly88South East Queensland, QLD

Ridiculous phone wait times

I needed to call Commonwealth a few times recently and waited at least an hour each time. Have dumped them. Service? What service. They didn’t appreciate my patience” at all!

Kenneth N.

Kenneth N.Sydney, NSW

Castle Hill - Tainted Vision Lender

We have 4 loans with this bank and they are making heaps from us. When we approached the Sub Continent lender, he already had a tainted vision....guess they all have this caste system in mind when they treat customers. Bring in some good old fashioned with clear vision who are out there to help..... Customer service is crap... Perhaps this is acceptable in the sub continent, but not here in Australia!!!

Kade M.

Kade M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Commbank is a fraud

What is wrong with this bank now? I am a really organise person i always take a note from my expenses, and it has been 5 days that they cut my money without any transactions shows, I remember how much money i have and the next morning it goes to minus, they stole over $100 on me, they even hide the transaction, who can hide the transaction if not the bank itself? So my money just gone like tht? I tried to call but nonody answer, i am really busy and i have to take day off to come to their bank, what a bummer

Khaze

KhazeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Been in the queue for nearly an hourly to close an account. Ridiculous!

Commonwealth Bank needs to make banking easier. Why don't you allow customers to email when you have such ridiculous wait times or offer the option of a call back? Hanging up after an hour in the queue.

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cash back rewards

I’ve got multiple credit and debit cards with commbank. Cash back offers activated and spent with listed stores. Didn’t get cash back, was told that I should have used the master card, not the visa. This was not clear when I activated the reward. Very misleading. Disappointed.

Andy B

Andy Basked

Commonwealth Bank

I recently sold a car and was paid with a bank cheque from CBA. I bank with them as well so thought it would be an easy transaction which would give me immediate access to the funds. How wrong was I!! We had ordered our new car and needed to use the funds from the sale of our car as a deposit for the new one. We had arranged to pick up the new car the following day, but when paying in the bank guaranteed cheque I was informed it would take 3 working days to clear!!
It is a disgrace in these modern times where everything is digital it takes 3 working days to clear a cheque - more so a ‘bank guaranteed’ cheque, being paid into the very same bank it was drawn from - unbelievable. I’m afraid this wreaks of a large corporation making use of my funds free of interest for 3 days - it is once again a banking wrought where customer service is of no consideration.
The result was we had to borrow a vehicle so that I could get to work and back each day for 4 days, thanks to CBA’s lack of customer service or care.
I would like a fair explanation as to why it should take 3 days to clear a bank guaranteed cheque, particularly without any option of fast clearance.

Dom
Dom

Bank cheques usually take 3 days it's a joke especially when you have to pay for it.
It's all a money making scam

andrew
andrew

All banks are 3 working days clearance for bank cheques its been like that for quite a few years

Lootasked

Commonwealth Bank

I ‘ve been a customer of CBA for over 50 years with 2 home loans, credit cards and savings account.Never missed a payment or went into overdraft. Out of the blue, in August received notice that they were closing all my accounts ( except joint home loan). They gave me a months notice. Despite visits tool allows barb have and many phone calls no one would tell me why, just that they are allowed to do this and do not have to give a reason. We are not involved in money laundering, fraud or any questionable activity. We have not abused any employees. We have poured over my accounts to try and identify and transactions that might have raised a red flag but can find nothing.We went to AFCC but CBA just repeated they can do this and don’t have to give a reason. We are just ordinary folk who have done nothing wrong. Anyone else experience this?

Michael_07
Michael_07

Did you lodge a complaint with AFCA?

Loot

Yes, they went to CBA and got the same answer. Can do no more.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

Jules G.
Jules G.

Me think very much you angry, angry air balloon solvent nuts. Dribble, dribble, garbage, garbage. BUT School good! School teach you write good. Beneficial superglue has nuclear almonds, in stitches. 12 years old? Nah, not enough good. He he!